Sage and I went on our first walk together on Friday! It was nice to get out of the house for a little sroll, and she seemed to like being outside, too. She didn't make a peep, just looked all around. I can't get over how alert she is when she is awake. She is the best little baby!

OK this one isn't a first anything, but I love how her little hands are by her cheeks. She always does this, especially when she is eating. I love her skinny little legs in this shot too. I can't seem to keep socks on her feet though, any solutions out there?
Sage's first bath was...fun. She didnt' enjoy it too much. My mom was there to help and we had an audience surrounding the kitchen island watching. Audrie, Amber & kids, Gma, and my parents were all there. I don't have a picture of her second bath, but it went over much better. I bathed her in my bathroom sink which is much smaller, and it was just me and mom there. She absoultely loved it! Who knows, maybe it was everyone watching that had her so upset. ;)
We are so in love with this little gal. She is such a blessing to us, and has made our home a happier place. It has been a long few weeks trying to adjust to my new routine of no sleep, but it is so worth it. Clint has been a great helper, too. He took over this morning around five and took her downstairs so that I could get a few hours of uniterrupted sleep. He watched her pretty much all day today, which was nice but she is now completely off schedule! He held her ALL day long and so I'm sure I'm in for a long night. He is such a good daddy. He has dubbed her nickname as "sweet pea", and it's really cute watching him talk to her. I just love being a mom!















13 comments:
I think that's the best part of having babies, getting to see your husband (manly husband) turn into such a mush around them! I love watching Kurt with the boys, and it only gets better, when they can interact, oh, man! It's GREAT!
She is so cute Marianne. i want to hold her so bad. I love this newborn phase so much. Arie had little chicken legs too - SO CUTE!!!! Soon she will fatten up and her socks will stay on fine. She is just precious!!
You guys are sooooo cute!! Keep the posts coming!! It is so great to have such little ones, it can be challanging but very very rewarding. And the sock thing, good luck, i could never find socks that would stay on my kids feet either. The best ones I found are the Circo brand at target!! They worked the best!! Love you guys and miss you. let me know when you come for a visit, i surly want to to see you!!!
She is so stinkin cute! I was just telling Doug yesterday that we need to come over and meet little Sage. It's so fun watching your husband with your baby, there is just something about it that is so adorable! To answer your question, Bayleigh will be 8 months this week. Crazy! Can I do anything to help?
That's so funny. I'm sure more precious moments will arise! I can't believe you're already going for walks. You're moving faster than I thought. By the time I get there, you'll want to do a marathon!
Cute pics! I love that story about Clint, ha ha, so funny! I can totally picture it! I love that picture of her hands up by her cheeks and her cute little chicken legs! She is so tiny! I need to come see you soon so I can finally meet her!!! :)
I can't even remember if I've told you guys how excited I am for you!!!! Sage is so darling!! Even with diaper cream all over her!
Socks that stay on can be purchased at Target!! They look like ankle socks. Look on the wall racks. I still buy them for the kids because they're great, but they'll for sure stay on the little tiny newborn feet. Go take a look and see what you think.
i love the new look, and the pictures on the side!!! cute cute!!!
haha how funny. i liked the butter comment. haha. she is so cute!
Oh my gosh she is so cute!! I love hearing stories and seeing pictures, so keep them coming! (well, when you have some spare time!) Oh and very nice new blog!
We are SOOO HAPPY for you guys!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Of course, she is BEAUTIFUL, but we knew she would be with such great looking parents! I love the skinny legs too- Kai also has those! I know you can't imagine loving Sage any more than you already do, but somehow it is possible, and you will find that you love her more every day! Children are so amazing!! Isn't being a parent the best thing in the world?! You make and adorable family, and we are SOOOOO HAPPY for you!!! Will you guys be able to go to David's wedding so I can see you?
Seriously...that is so funny about the bum cream! Baby wipes take it off like wonders! The plain cotton socks work best!
congratulations to you guys too! we need to get together soon and have our little girls meet. i'm glad things went well for you, she is a doll, and i'm sure clint is a great daddy!
Post a Comment