Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sage is Finally here!!


Yea!!! For those of you who haven't heard, we had our baby girl on Tuesday!! We are so in love with her, Sage Michelle, and she has made us happier than we ever thought we could be. I am literally exploding with love for her. I sat in my rocking chair this morning feeding her and the house was empty, (everyone was at Connor's baby blessing) just bawling. I couldn't stop crying because I kept thinking about how blessed we are to have her in our home. It is so easy to see that she was sent straight from heaven to us. I can't say it enough....I LOVE HER TO PIECES!!
The delivery was great. We went in Tues. morning at 5 am and they got us right in. They hooked me up to an IV and started (supposedly) the pitosin (sp?) to get the contractions going. I was on that for about 3 hours when the new nurse came in and noticed a puddle of something all over the floor. It was the pitosin!! It wasn't connected to my IV! However, I was having steady contractions right on top of another so they didn't notice anything. Apparently Sage was making her debut with or without the medicine! So....once they actually plugged it into me, everything went super fast. They came in and gave me an epidural and then my doc came and broke my water. (Which was so strange!!!!) Throughout the day, I had Clint, my mom, Audrie, and Clint's mom keeping me company. When my nurse decided it was time to try pushing, everyone left excpet for Clint. I pushed a couple times and she told me to wait for the doctor to come in. Once the doc came, she told me it would still be a while so she would come back later. Well, about two minutes later my nurse paged her and told her to hurry, b/c it was time! The nurse kept telling me not to push....what the heck?! I had the strongest urge to push, how was I supposed to hold it? So the second the doc came in I pushed and out she came. All slippery and beautiful. I should also mention that I was nervous for Clint the whole time. He is super skittish of needles and blood. I mean really skittish. For example....when he tries to donate blood, he passes out when they ask you the questions! But he pulled through like a champ and was awesome. He was right there for everything and cried when she came. We were both so overcome with happiness that we couldn't help it. Sage already has him wrapped around her little finger. He sits and talks to her for hours, and even skipped an extra day of work last week (shhhh Shelley, don't tell!!) to come home and hold her. It is the best thing in the world to see them together. I can't say enough how happy we are. Anyway, she weighed in at 5 lbs. 15 oz and was 19 inches long. Here are some of our pics!


Tuesday morning at four am....on our way to the hospital!
In the waiting room
Waiting through the contractions
I LOVE this shot of Sage!! Ya, she's covered in goo, but it's like she's saying "what the heck is going on here? "
My little angel
Our new and improved family!Sleeping with daddy
My principal at school gave me this Towne Meadows t-shirt, so I figured I'd better take a picture and send it in for my class to see.Clint went to work on Saturday, and he promised that he would only be gone for two hours if I put this outfit on her for when he got home. It is the one and only time he has ever been home on time!! This is one of fav shots, because it shows off her skinny minny little legs!She is so alert!! She was awake for four straight hours yesterday, with her big bright eyes opened wide the whole time!

21 comments:

Amber Larsen said...

so sweet...

Chelsea said...

oh my gosh!! she is beautiful!! im so unbeleiveably happy for you guys!! she doesnt even look like she was 5 lbs. she looks bigger to me!! anyway, great job!! love you!!

Bre said...

Oh, she is so beautiful! Congratulations! Thanks for posting pictures so we can see her! Amber told me today that you are the happiest you've ever looked. I'm so happy for you.

Caroline C. Bingham said...

YAY!!! I'm so excited for you guys! She's a doll and I love her name!

nelson6 said...

Marianne, I found your blog through Ambers...she is soooo darling, they don't get cuter than that! Congratulations. Great name too.
Smiles,
Caroline

Katherine Young said...

how sweet marianee! she is so precious. i cant wait to meet her.

barney's said...

Marianne-
Congratulations!! Sage is absolutely beautiful! I love that picture where she is kind of smiling. And those eyes are amazing!! We are so happy for you and are glad everything went well!!

Megan

Debbie said...

I tried to post something earlier. I don't know why it didn't show up. Anyways, she is absolutely adorable! I can't wait to meet her! As soon as I am feeling better I will come by and visit you guys! I am so happy for you...honestly, being a mom is the best thing ever!!

Regina said...

I am so excited for yall. I would sit there and bawl while holding Kelly too, so I know exactly what you mean! You cannot understand it until you have a child. She is a doll by the way. sooo cute!!! Just like her mommy!

Allie said...

Oh yay Marianne! I am so happy for you! She is beautiful and I am so glad the delivery went so well! You are going to be the best mommmy! Congrats! Love, Allie

Monson Family said...

WOW - she is absolutley beautiful. Most (and I mean 95%) of newborns are really strange looking, but she is seriously precious - from the moment she came out!!!!!! CONGRATS!
Isn't being a Mom the best thing that could ever happen???? Kel has always told me what a great Mom you will be. We are so excited for you guys and are so excited for more cousins!!!!!! She is just perfect.

Becky Rogers said...

We are very happy for the two of you. I am going to have to come see her! She looks so cute with her long eyelashes. Congrats!!!

Tiffany said...

Marianne! I am soooo happy for you! What a sweet post...you made me cry! Sage is beautiful! You sound so happy and I am just so happy for you guys! I can't wait to meet her! I need to come visit you soon! I know it's still a ways away, but let us know for sure when the baby blessing is! Congrats! Love you! :)

Jason and Kate said...

congrats! i'm so excited for you guys. Sage is beautiful!

Jessie Nichols said...

What a cutie. I was just giving Amber a hard time that there wasn't anything posted. She is a doll. Enjoy her while you can. They grow up quick. Love her...and record every sweet thing she does. You will be suprized how much you'll forget over the next few months.

Jessie Nichols said...

What a cutie. I was just giving Amber a hard time that there wasn't anything posted. She is a doll. Enjoy her while you can. They grow up quick. Love her...and record every sweet thing she does. You will be suprized how much you'll forget over the next few months.

Naylor Family said...

What a little beauty! I'm glad the bow fits her, and looks so cute! We're glad Clint skipped out of work and spent time with you and Sage. Justin is all about Dad's being with their newborns! Let me know what you need!

themacdonnells said...

SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!! CONGRATULATIONS YOU GUYS!!!!

Love,
Kurt and Heather :)

Anonymous said...

wow! what a beautiful little angel! I'm so happy for you and Clint. there is nothing like being a mother. such a sweet experience. just wanted to tell you how happy I am for you and wish you the best with Sage.
love you,
debbie macdonnell

Jalei & Lane said...

She is so perfect! I can't wait to see her in person & for you to give me all the details of the birth:)

Jenni said...

She's a BEAUTY, just like I thought! Congrats, Marianne and Clint! I'm so glad that all went well with the delivery. I can't believe how alert she is. I can't wait to see her! CONGRATS to the Overton Family!