So it's over!!! Hip-hip-hooray!! I ran the marathon yesterday, and while I am so glad I did it, I'm even more glad that it's over! Let me just tell you how bad it hurts. So bad. From my hips down I feel like every bone/joint is broken beyond repair. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me start at the beginning. Here I am right before the race. I'm not sure what kind of face I'm making because I wasn't really as excited as I look.
Mile 1-mile 17 went great. I was ahead of my time and felling chipper. I had Twilight on my I-pod and was just running away. I ran a better 1/2 marathon time than I ever have. Starting at mile 17 I started to feel it. Not terrible pain, but enough to where I had to start giving myself pep-talks. I made myself drink 2 cups of Cytomax at every water stations which was probably the only thing that saved me. I didn't get hungry at all, I think b/c I stayed so hydrated. Here I am at mile 20. It was the biggest energy boost to see Clint. He ran with me for a while and took some pictures. After seeing him I did great for another mile or so.
Then mile 22 hit. Wall. I hit that wall so hard and my body just shut down. My hips ached, my toes and arches of my feet throbbed, and my quads were screaming at me. I stopped to stretch a few times but refused to sit down because I knew I'd never be able to get back up. The last four miles were the longest, hardest four miles I've ever ran in my life. I remember reading Tiffany's post about how happy she was on the last mile, and the whole last mile I kept thinking--why was she so happy? This sucks! I was fighting tears the last mile. Seriously, I was super happy to be done and super happy that I did it, but oh my gosh. I hurt so bad. I didn't meet my original goal but was only 10 minutes past it. I finished in 4 hours 40 minutes. I walked in a daze to the family reunion area and just plopped on the ground and waited for Clint to come find me. I was so glad he was there with me. Isn't he cute? (PS:my teeth aren't usually yellow. I just got done eating a yellow popsicle.)
And here is my proof that we're pregnant. See that belly? I swear it was bigger than this a few weeks ago. I must've been bloated or something. Anyway, I'm glad I did it but don't know if it's something I'll be doing again anytime soon. Clint had to carry me up the stairs yesterday, and today is not much better. I'm walking around like a 90 year old grandma. All in all, I AM glad I did it and it feels good to know that I was able to push my body and my mind harder than I ever have before.
July
7 years ago















20 comments:
You didn't start feeling it until mile 17? That's amazing! You are a rock star! I don't know a stronger person! How is the morning sickness?
Congrats!! You don't even look prego in the second picture. Yeah..I can barely run 3 miles now (post baby) and I'm sore. I remember feeling really sore after my half marathon and I vowed never to run a full one....maybe one day if I change my mind. I'll stick to tris
Congrats!!! That is so awesome. I am so happy for you. You look great!!! That baby is going to come out and hit the floor running..LOL
WAY TO GO! THAT'S MY GIRL!
You are amazing!!! I remember thinking after I ran my half marathon, there is no why I could turn around and go back. What an accomplishment! Great Job!!!
Oh and I hope you get to feeling better soon!
nice job! we are so proud of you!!!!!!!!
Seriously, I don't know how you do it. You have some strange mental powers. You are the strongest person I've ever met. You couldn't get me to run a mile while I'm pregnant. I'm so happy for you first, that you finished and second, that its over. Take it easy now, will you?!?
Wow, Marianne!! You should be very proud of yourself!! Way to go!!! And wayyyyy cute baby bump!
way to go! that is so awesome that you did that, let alone that you made it through it! your amazing! Im sorry you hurt so bad though, that sucks! how are you feeling though, is your sickness getting better at all?? i hope so!!
I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!! Crazy girl... If you need to, come visit me and I'll work on your legs for a little bit. If you can get here! :)
Wow! I'm in awe! I would have started feeling it mile ONE!! Glad you got through it so well. Hope the morning sickness is feeling better. If we had any of Lukas Zofran left, I'd send it to you!!
you are kidding me! You...are........a machine or something. You can now be a motivational speaker. I'd pay to listen to every word. All I have left to say is wow!
You are amazing! Running a marathon is hard enough by itself (so I hear...I of course have no first hand knowledge!) but doing it pregnant...you really must be super woman!
Congrats!!!
YOU ARE SO AWESOME!!!!!! I wish so bad I could have been right there with you running it! I know you are hurting now so it's hard to imagine ever wanting to put yourself through that again, but believe me, you will want to do it again... :) You will forget about the pain and just remember how awesome it was! Plus, we HAVE to run one together someday!!! So you gotta run at least one more... ;) I am SOOOOOO proud of you!!! And your finishing time was AMAZING!!!!!!! Cannot believe you did all that pregnant!
I am too impressed. I can't run more than 5 miles, and that isn't when I'm that pregnant. At this point, walking doesn't make my stomach happy much less running.
Way to go!!!! Some day I want to at least catch up to your dust. As for now, I still can't run up my stairs to answer the phone with out huffin and puffin. You are amazing. And you look so dang cute pregnant. Hope you feel good too and everything goes well for the next few months.
Hey girl, you are SO my hero! I am so proud of you...but it does make me think twice about every running a marathon!
You're crazy. I wish I was as tough as you are.
I was wondering how you like your Jeep Jogger Stroller. I am starting to register for stuff, and want to get a good jogging stroller. The Jeep one got really good reviews, but a lot of people complained about the front wheel not swiveling. I would love your feedback on the stroller.
You are awesome! I bet you are doing Londons run too.... your little bump is way cute.
Post a Comment