My mom always said that after you have a baby, you forget all about the awful parts of being pregnant. She says Heavenly Father blocks out your memories so that you're willing to go through it all again and have more kids. She is so right. All the reasons I hate being pregnant have come screaming back to me the past few days. When I was pregnant with Sage, I had great insurance. Great insurance means I got the great drugs. So during the week, when I had to go to work, I would barf in the morning before work, dope myself up on Zofran just long enough to make it through the work day, then barf before bed. Eight hours of moderate, controllable nausea. Only the weekends were bad, because I would save my drugs for the work week. (Poor Clint.) That pattern went on for about 5 1/2 months. Not great, but livable.
Well now, we have no insurance. No insurance=no drugs, which = nothing but vomit. No one should ever have to be as up-close and personal with the commode as I now am. It's a good thing I just cleaned them. When my throw up count reached 21 yesterday, we finally gave in and went to the ER to get an I.V and some fluids in me. I was totally dehydrated and felt like someone had taken a hammer to my head. (headache was caused from dehydration.) Every time I threw up, my head seriously felt like it was splitting open. Today, it feels like someone used my torso/ribs/back as a punching bag. My poor little Sage was scared of me all day yesterday. Every time she heard me throwing up--(and trust me when I say our neighbors can probably hear me...it comes all the way up from my toes.) she started to cry. Thank heavens I have the best husband in the world. Not only did he take care of Sage all day yesterday, but he held my hair back for me, picked me up off the floor of the kitchen when I wasn't coherent enough to get up on my own, gave me a priesthood blessing, convinced me to go to the hospital and get help, and reassured me over and over again that we will one day be able to pay off all this new accumulated debt--that he doesn't care about the money so long as I can function. Looks like it's time for me to set up camp here at home for the next several months. Fabulous.
I'm torn now, too. My marathon is in three weeks! I haven't been able to train in a week or so, and running tends to make the nausea worse. Obviously. But, I've paid for it, and more importantly trained for it so hard and diligently for the past 3 months that I am so still wanting to do it, even if I have to walk across the finish line. I've decided I'll do what I can to train, and just see how I feel the day of. At lease I have Sage here to remind me that it is all worth it in the end. Just five short months is not the worst price to pay if I get to have another sweet little baby.
July
7 years ago















26 comments:
Oh Marianne! If you need anything please let me know. When I get to be more functioning I would love to bring you dinner sometime.
That sounds awful! I'm a little scared now! I've pretty much thrown up 1-2 a day since my vacation started, but nothing like what you're going through!
I feel so bad for you! Let me know if there's ANYTHING I can do! (And congrats on the pregnancy!)
That really stinks. I'm coming over to see you today. I have something that will make you feel better and its not food. Trust me!
I'm so sorry, Marianne! I wish I were closer to be able to help you. It is amazing how the brain forgets all the not-so-glamorous details, and equally amazing how quickly they all flood back to one's recollection :-).
Love you!
Julie
Oh Marianne, I am so so so so sorry. I know exactly how you feel. It is amazing how much we can forget and also how fast it can come screaming back to you as soon as you lean over the toilet the first time and you remember everything! I am still taking Zofran this time or else I would send you my leftovers. I think I may know a few people who have some and can send some your way. You poor girl. I am so glad Clint was so good to you yesterday and made you go to the hospital. You definitely needed to from what it sounds like. You are so right though about being able to look at the ones we have and know how worth it it will be! Hang in there!
Oh, im so sorry you are having such a horrible time, but you are right, 5 months is a short time to go through hell. I hope it doesnt last long for you!
I am so sorry to hear that you are going through that. Keep your head up, and before you know it, it will be over and you can enjoy life again.
YEAH Marianne! This is the most unique way to tell someone your pregnant that i've ever seen! pretty exciting and depressing at the same time. I am excited for you though.
Okay, you totally need to get on AHCCS. They NEVER turn down a pregnant lady. Seriously. You pay taxes, you should totally do it. That's why it's there.
I'm sorry you are so sick, that is terrible. Maybe you will get lucky this time and have it end a lot sooner, especially if it is a boy. ANd I look forward to the prego pics. There is no way you got/or will get as big as me!!!
Oh I feel for you! I was sick every day of my pregnancies. I hope you feel better soon! We've also been with no insurance before. That's no fun either! Take care of yourself! Take it easy and before you know it, it will be all worth it!
Oh My Gosh!!!! I am SOOOOOOO sorry you are feeling SO sick! I want to help out. Let me bring dinner or take Sage to play with Tate and Tallie so you can rest? I work on Tues. but will call you on Wed. So sorry again.
Marianne,
I heard that those motion sickness bands (the ones you wear on your wrist) work great for morning sickness. I have had several friends use them and they all said it helped.
Oh my gosh Marianne, I feel so bad for you!!! I am so sorry!! I got morning sickness, but not nearly that bad! Never had to go to the hospital and never threw up even close to 21 times1 Ugh! I am SO SO sorry! And I CANNOT believe you are still doing the marathon!! But I know what you mean, about putting in all the time, money, and training and not wanting to just give it up. Whatever you decide to do, good luck! And if you aren't physically able to do it this time around, we can run our next one together! I am planning on training for another one as soon as I pop this baby out! :)
I hope you feel better soon!! You will be in my prayers! :)
Congratulations - I'm so sorry you're so sick. I feel your pain! Let me know if you need help! I'd be happy to watch Sage for you!
Oh, and I TOTALLY agree with your mom. This is the 3rd time I have told Dean that I'll NEVER do it again - and each time I mean it...but some how when I get that sweet baby, it doesn't matter anymore! Hang in there!
Ok, I'm a little hurt that I find out you went to the emergency room through a BLOG! :( I am more than willing to watch Sage anytime, so please call me if you aren't feeling good and need some rest.
Wow, congratulations on the pregnancy, another charming sibling for Sage. You sure do make em cute. I am sorry to hear about all of the morning sickness. I can't believe you are still thinking about your marathon, you are a freak on nature for sure. Seriously you are in the right profession!
Hope you start feeling better soon!
OK, so I guess if I actually blogged, I would've known you were pregnant! It's crazy though ( I don't know if I told you, but I haven't blogged in forever because when I look at my blog I get nautious!) I feel so bad for you, cuz I've totally been there! Let me know if those helped!
I am so excited to hear you are pregnant again. That will be so fun for you and Jalei too! I am so sorry you are so sick. I hope it passes soon. I cant believe you are even thinking of doing your run. You are one strong woman. Oh and Sage is one of the cutest babies I have ever seen...seriously she is absolutely precious!!!
I thought I had it bad. I was only nauseated all day long. I am finally getting that under control. I hope it gets better.
CONGRATS girly!! You poor thing. The first few months of pregnancy are so rough. I'm sorry you are feeling so awful. You are right, at least you can look over at your sweet baby through all of this and know it is SO worth it. I know I haven't seen you in forever, but I would LOVE to babysit for you so you can rest. I seriously don't have a lot going on and Sage can be Brayden's new girlfriend.. he likes older women. :) Seriously.. let me know and hang in there!!
marianne!! i'm dying for you. that is soo sad. pregnancy is seriously so bad but def worth it! you're amazing for even contemplating your marathon!! ok so hardy & i would LOVE for sage to come play. seriously! give me a call anytime.
I'm so sorry Marianne! You are so dedicated to running. I haven't run in two weeks because there is snow on the ground, I feel like a blob!
I am so sorry, Marianne! I really admire people like you who get SOOO Sick being pregnant, yet make the sacrifice to do it again! Just keep looking at Sage, she is such a beauty, and it WILL be worth it! If there is anything you NEED, pleast don't hesitate to ask. I will come and hold your hair up for you, I'll just load up my brood and head on over! :)
Post a Comment