Monday, January 21, 2008

I have a new nephew!!

Connor Michael Larsen was born yesterday!! He is healthy and strong, and the cutest little guy. I'll let Amber add more pictures, but I figure it'll be a few days till she is up and about and wanted everyone to see how cute he is.
I had one of those "ah-ha" moments after holding him in the hospital on Sunday. I've been feeling pretty "woe is me" this past week. Not sure why....but I've been thinking things like--what's the point of all this? Wake up, go to work, come home, go to bed. Repeat. It gets a little old if you ask me. So I'd been feeling melancholy--until I picked up little Connor. I've known all along that family is the whole purpose of why we are here, but man it all sank in yesterday. Here was this precious little man, sent straight from Heavenly Father to Amber and Travis. Family really is the whole purpose of life on earth. We are so blessed to have the gospel and to know that we can be families forever. I can't wait to meet this little gal growing inside me. But...enough mushy stuff. Here are the pics.
Our welcome home sign...
Kinsey LOVES her new baby brother. She is very protective of him and when he cries, she says, "noise is coming from baby brother. You need to take care of him." It's so cute.


11 comments:

Tiffany said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!! How exciting!! Congrats to Amber! : ) Now we REALLY all need to get together!! I was SOOOO excited when I saw your comment on our blog about training for the marathon next year! I am so excited to run in it, but I keep saying it would be even more fun if I had a friend running in it and no one wants to do it with me! So I was SOOO happy when I heard that you were planning on doing it too! I am sure you will kick my butt in it, since you are much more experienced than me, but I dont care! It's gonna be so much fun!

Katherine Young said...

aww how cute! you sound great, and connor is adorable! we cant wait to come up and see him!

Debbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie said...

okay so the deleted comment was mine...sorry. I messed up and didn't know how to fix it and I didn't know it was going to delete the WHOLE thing. Anyways, I am so happy to hear that Amber had her baby and they are both doing great! He is definitely adorable of course!! I can't wait to meet him and your little one here sometime soon...it's coming quick!!

Chelsea said...

Yeah!!! Tell them congrats for me!! He is so beautiful!!!

Naylor Family said...

I'm so glad you posted pictures! What a cutie!! It just gets you more and more excited-but nervous I bet! That's what it was like when Brittany-your cousin-had her baby right before I had Tay. So precious! Thanks for sharing!

Regina said...

awwwww. How cute! I'm so glad everything went well and mom and baby are doing great!

Jalei & Lane said...

Ok Marianne, you made me cry with your ah-ha moment! Maybe I do want to have kids someday :)

Becky Rogers said...

New additions to the family are the best. Can you believe that the next will be yours?! We are so excited for Amber that everything turned out great with Connor.

Jenni said...

He is so cute! Tell Amber congrats!

eyre blog said...

Oh this is GREAT news! I was waiting for word. I'm off to check amber's blog too.