So Clint turned 29 this past Friday, the 1st. Wow, only one more year till he hits the big 3-0!! That is strange. We got a weight set for the garage for him and have had several birthday dinners with both of our families. One of my goals this year was to write in my journal each night. That's always been a goal of mine, but one that I never accomplish. So I decided to change it up a bit this year. Instead of writing a lot, I write two things. 1st-One thing I'm grateful for. 2nd-One reason I love Clint. This has made it so much easier for me to write each night. I know it's a quick thing, and it makes me focus on all the things I love about Clint instead of all the things that drive me crazy! Anyway, here are a few reasons why I love him so much.
1. He is always looking for ways to help me relax. A couple nights ago I came home after teaching an aerobics class and was pretty sore. I wanted to go straight to bed, but have learned that if I don't take a bath after a work-out my bones are pretty sore the next day. Clint has learned this about me, and literally forced me into the tub. Not kidding, we almost got into a fight. I was all set to go to bed. He, on the other hand, drew a bath, lit all the candles, put a boat load of bubbles in, and carried me to the tub. With me kicking and screaming the whole way. Why am I such a baby?? It felt so good once I was in, too. I'm so stubborn.
2. After almost three years of being married, he still opens all of my doors for me. He has lots of cute tricks to keep me from getting my own door--when I get to the car before him, he will lock the doors using the remote and keep it locked until he has time to come around and open it for me. He is such a gentleman!!
3. Since I've been pregnant, he has been SUPER protective of me. Some of the things he does:
He won't let me carry hardly anything.
He asks every single night if I want a foot or back rub...(if only he were better at it!!! He gets side tracked fairly easily. Especially if the tv is going. He has the tendency of rubbing one spot raw until I'm totally annoyed.)
He has tried really hard to do the house work so I don't have to do it.
He won't let me go on walks by myself--he goes with me, even if he's tired.
He lays his head on my tummy every night and talks to our little gal... in what he considers to be his "baby talk voice", but what sounds more to me like a strange robot.
4. He works hard every day to make sure our needs are met--he gets up super early every morning and comes home late every day, then puts up with me asking him to do things for me when he gets home....all without complaining. He has many projects going on at home right now, which take up most of his weekend time. So he works more than full time, then comes home and uses his "free" time to work on the house.
5. He is a strong priesthood holder and takes his callings in the church seriously. I love how handsome he looks in his suit and tie. We went out the day after Thanksgiving for the great sales and bought him his first after-mission suit (it was high time!) and it's so cute how he takes care of it. Most of his clothes get thrown to the floor, but his suit is always hung up so neatly, inside of its original hanging bag!
6. He has his quirks that make him so cute! Most of the time I get annoyed with the little things he does like: biting his fingernails, chewing his food extremely fast, etc...but if I stop and think about it, these are the qualities that make him so stinkin special.
I really am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband. I sometimes look at other marriages and think man, I am so LUCKY. I coulnd't have asked for a better husband. I don't know what I did to deserve someone as special as Clint.
Happy Birthday, Babe!!
All of the brothers-in-law have birthdays within a week of each other, so we had one big b-day cake and celebration at our house last week. The cake was pretty gross, so I made another one this week. Homemade always tastes better.















10 comments:
Ahhh, how sweet! Happy B-day Clint!
i love your kitchen table!
And to think that you didn't like him at first...ha!
Happy Birthday Clint! : ) What a great husband! And what a great idea, Marianne, to write those two quick things in your journal every night...I may just have to steal that idea from you! : )
You really are blessed, Marianne! Sterling likes to do some of the same things for me...we have some great hubbies! If only we could remember the sweet things they do for us when we get annoyed! :) Happy Birthday Clint!
Happy Birthday Clint!! What a wonderful idea to write those things in your journal...then its not so overwhelming...I think I might have to try that! How are you feeling???
Marianne-That is such a good idea! I love it! You and Clint seem so sweet together.
Look how fun you guys are! It looks like Clint had a great birthday! That London run looks like fun, I kept meaning to check into it everytime I passed the sign, but then I forgot...You are so good to keep doing all that, your going to pop your baby out and be in perfect shape! Your prego belly is so cute! Hopefully we can get together soon!
What a sweet and hilarious post! I can totally relate the the rubbing on part raw thing... everytime Kel would rub my feet he did the same thing. They are soooo sweet to offer adn try though. Happy Birthday Clint!!! You are a lucky girl!
ha ha ha I am actually laughing out loud at that picture... is is HORRIBLE of EVERYONE!!! Especially trav and I. And yes that is a great idea, i should do that too. It really does help the marriage to try and think positive thoughts.
Post a Comment