Sunday, February 3, 2008

London's Run 2008!

This past Saturday, Clint and I ran/walked our second London's Run. We both did it last year and had so much fun we decided to keep the tradition going. Clint ran the 1/2 marathon and did really well. He was complaining of sore feet afterwards and I kept thinking that he was being a baby. (yes, I am a brat.) When we got home, he took off his shoes and socks to find that they were caked in blood. I'm not talking a little blister that goes away--we're talking huge, festering welts that covered the bottoms of his feet. It was pretty gross. He has really high arches so we have a hard time finding good running shoes for him. I guess it's time to invest in a nice pair! Poor guy. While he ran the 1/2, I walked/waddled the 10K. I think my body is starting to tell me that it has had enough. I felt like my baby was going to pop right out!!! Not even kidding! It's like I was squeezing everything in walking the last little bit of it. And the next day (today) was even worse. I feel like an old lady--sore feet, sore back, sore butt. Man, what a fun ride this being pregnant stuff is. Tiffany ran the 10K too and did so awesome! After the race we all went out and had some Paradise Bakery. All in all, it was a great way to start our Saturday! Here we are crossing the finish line
Me and Tiff. Yes, I look like a giant next to her.

7 comments:

fuz&michelle said...

Hey Marianne~
I just wanted to tell you how seriously impressed I am with you running a 10k at all let alone being pregnant! That is awesome!You are so cute!

Katherine Young said...

first, you do not look like a giant. second, that is pretty gross about clints feet. haha. but i guess he was working hard...good job on running the 10k! your such a cute active prego.

Tiffany said...

Oh my gosh Marianne, you do not look like a giant! You look like a cute little pregnant person who is freaking AWESOME for doing a 10K! I don't know if I would even attempt to do a 10K pregnant!! That is crazy about Clint's feet!!! I feel so bad that we were just sitting there chatting away and enjoying lunch at Paradise Bakery while he was just sitting there bleeding in his shoes underneath the table!!lol:( I feel his pain on the high arches though...you guys gotta go to Roadrunners Sports! They are the best! That was so much fun! Thanks again for doing that with me! I'm glad I got to share my very first race experience with you guys! : )

Jenni said...

I saw signs for that...I wish I was motivated enough to get my butt up and do something like that! How fun for you and Clint! Maybe if there were surf-athons I could get Sterling to do the same!

Chelsea said...

You are so amazing. I wish I had the stamina that you have, especially when Im pregnant!! You guys look like you have so much fun!!!

Regina said...

Two words: You're crazy.

Monson Family said...

I am so impressed with you right now. I have no desire to do a 10K ever - much less at the end of a pregnancy. I wish I wante dot do that though. You are amazing and you will probably have a quick delivery. WAIT TO GO SUPERMOM!!!!!!!!!!