Clint, Kristina and I headed out bright and early Saturday morning to Dreamy Draw in Phoenix for our second summer race. It was SO FUN! Kristina and I were a little worried about this one; it was our first time being on a bike since having babies. We shouldn't have worried though, we did so good! I was proud of us the whole time we were biking. I crashed four times, but it was worth it. I kept forgetting that my feet were clipped in. I won't post a picture of the huge bruises on my butt. Nobody wants to see that. There were five trekking points, one of which was up a super steep mountain that sucked to climb. During the trek we had one mystery event, where we had to throw a hula hoop around a cone from a certain distance away. Once we got back to the TA, we did another mystery event. This one was in the pool; we had to fish out 15 pennies from the bottom. Piece of cake, the water felt wonderful! It was super humid and hot, so we needed it. After that we took off on our bike to find 5 more checkpoints. We had several hike-a-bike spots because the trails were pretty washed out from rain, but nothing unbearable. We ended up doing pretty well. Out of 50 teams, we were somewhere in the top 20. They haven't posted the results yet so who knows. Anyway, we had such a good time. The only down side....I downed to bottles of Zipp Fizz, and I think it got to Sage. She was so wired last night, arms and legs kicking like crazy and talking up a storm until 11:30 at night!!!! She has NEVER stayed up that late. Her eyes were huge...I really think it was the caffeine. Sorry baby. Needless to say, we ditched church this morning. Clint has been sick, and w/ Sage's rough night we just slept in. The first pic is of Clint's brother Monte and his friend Donny. They were there volunteering as the EMT's. Our next race is in a month, in Prescott. We can't wait!
July
7 years ago















3 comments:
I can't believe you have so much energy to do these crazy events! How fun. I need a partner in Houston to do something like this. Wait, we don't have any cool races like you do!
you are so kick a@@
Oh my gosh, Marianne! You are such a bad A! I could never do all that! And all not too long after you had Sage! You are crazy! Yay for Zip-Fizz! :) I drank one before my marathon...and I wanted to drink two but Randy wouldn't let me.. :(
Post a Comment