Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Random TX shots

Sage picked up lots of new habits in TX. The cutest; sticking out her tongue as far as it will go and keeping in there. It's hilarious! I'm not sure where she got that long tongue from... We went one afternoon to visit a few of my old gal pals; Sage is one month younger than Micheal (baby on far right) and 1 1/2 mos older than Cru, in the middle. She looks pretty round in this picture to me. We discovered that she has teeny tiny hands and feet. Hers were way smaller than the fellas.
She is loving grandma and grandpa's exercauser. This will have to be my next purchase.
Z and D after their paint ball war.
OK. Fun lake story. Let me just preface by saying that my parents have THE WORST LUCK EVER. That is so not an exaggeration, either. I mean, their blessed and all, but man--sometimes their luck is awful. This was our day on Monday. Mom and I were running errands when the van over heated on us. It had been acting up-every time you stopped at a light or stop sign, it would die. To keep it going, you had to have one foot on the brake and one on the gas, revving up like you were challenging your neighbor in the next lane to a race. When we finally made it home, we learned that the riding lawn mower had quit working for my dad. Then when we headed home from the lake, all the lights went out! No headlights, or lights on the boat. Bad news. So, my dad pulls over and, being prepared w/ extra fuses, tries to get them working. He was able to get the headlights working, but still no lights on the boat trailer. So, we rode home w/ a blinker on so people would at least be a little more aware of us. It was pretty funny. Anyway, this is how excited Zach and Dustin were to be taking a picture w/ me.
Alright, this looks stupid but you can't see her other arm. She is totally posing, so I decided to, too.You can kinda see what I mean in this one. She LOVED the lake. I, on the other hand, was a nervous wreck!! I had my arms wrapped around her so tight the whole time. I've never been more paranoid.



Another funny story....my parents have this big tube, but they had to patch a hole in it and couldn't blow it up at the house. So we get to the lake and realize than it would take forever to blow it up ourselves, so Nick comes up w/ the idea of using the boat's blower to fill it up. It worked like a charm! Here are the boys, busy at work.


My mom and Nick are blowing up the insides...I thought it was a funny picture. Notice my dad laughing in the back.


Sage sucking on Uncle Nick's nose. Yuck.


I'm only putting this up cause I think Nick is so studly.


Anyway, TX was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed my folks. I wish they lived closer, but I think my dad is totally anti-AZ. Boo. We'll all keep working on him, though. It's good to be back home, we really missed Clint/daddy and are glad the house didn't burn down or anything while we were gone. Sage has been happy sleeping in her own bed. Wow, long post and lots of pics. Off to bed.

10 comments:

Chelsea said...

Okay you guys are so stinkin cute!! Sage is a doll! i wish i could have seen you while you were here!!!! better luck next time!

Chelsie said...

Sage is getting big. We really need to get together now that you are home so that I can see her. We are pretty much free any day. Just let me know. Looks like you had a great time in Texas. All of your pictures are cute.

hyrum♥chelsea said...

Marianne! I was so excited to stumbled across your blog. You're little girl is so adorable!!

Julie said...

Hey, girlfriend! You shoud've called when you were visiting!! I always find out you girls have been down here just after you leave. Okay, Sage is SO, SO beautiful. She looks like a little doll! A smiley, happy doll. Love her! We've got to play the next time you head south.
Love ya!

Jalei & Lane said...

I'm so glad you got to hang out with the girls! Is that the same boat from Arlington?

Monson Family said...

All of your posts were so cute. Sage is precious! I loved her super long tongue! It looks like you had a lot of fun in Texas - it made me a little homesick to see it all.

Allie said...

I am so sad I was barfing too much to come to Galvston. I really missed out and then I didn't even get to say bye to yall. I was really bummed. Sage is so cute, it's not even funny. Braden was looking at your blog with me, and when he saw the big pic at the top with her tongue out, he put his arms out and said, "hold you baby". He really wanted her to jump off the screen. He knows a cute girl when he sees one! Love you, Allie

Regina said...

All your pics are soooo CUTE!! And she is just a doll! It was great to see you and her!! You are so lucky that Sage is a good eater. Kelly just isn't a big eater and he always tries to grab the spoon and he sucks his thumb b/w bites. It can get messy so I don't do it very much. Oh well!!

sladefamilyaz said...

I love the new pictures of Sage with her tongue sticking out! So cute. Thanks for your encouraging comment on my blog. If only I was a freak of nature like you and could have a baby and run marathons the next week...If only...

Tansey Hall said...

I love the picture of Sage sticking out her tounge, that is priceless!
I am completely paranoid to take Cade to the lake as well. I even have nightmares about it.