Sunday, October 12, 2008

Colorado

Last weekend, we headed up to La Junta, CO with Clint's family to see his Granny on her 90th birthday. We took an RV up Thursday night, and Sage slept for maybe two hours on the way up. She was so good, but had a hard time going down for her nap the next day. She was a trooper. Seriously the best baby. We left around 7 on Thursday and pulled in to the nursing home at 10 on Friday. Here's Sage meeting her great granny for the first time. It was super cute...we interrupted their exercise class. We had so much fun at the nursing home; all of the people there were ooing and awing over Sage. A group of old men were flirting w/ her and kept asking me to bring her back to their table. I really enjoyed walking the halls while I was there. Everyone leaves their doors open and says hi as you walk by. I walked by one room and a little old lady who couldn't have weighed more than 80lbs was lining up stuffed animals on her bed, and I'm not exaggerating when I say there were at least 100 of them. It was so cute.
Sometimes it takes two to get her situated. I think Sage and Monte really bonded on this trip. He actually sang her to sleep one afternoon. He'll be the best daddy one day. He's single, sweet and super cute. Anyone have single friends left??? I'm anxious for another sister in law! :)Sage w/ GrandmaOne of our stops was visiting Rocky Ford, where Clint was born. This is the house his (other) grandma grew up in. I've seen lots of pictures of him as a boy at this house, so it was neat to see it live. Clint with his granny and cousins.
Four generation picture
K this is Sage's bed in the RV. She is 100% asleep in this picture, but her eyes are open! I guess she takes after her cousin Chance. Anyway, we made it back Sunday night and Sage is finally back on schedule. She had some catching up to do after our long weekend. We really had a good time and feel so blessed to be fortunate enough to be able to take time out of our busy schedules to spend time with family. Thanks gma and gpa Overton for the trip!








4 comments:

Regina said...

Oh so fun! And hey, I have a single sis in law!!!!

the tatsaks said...

That is so fun! My grandpa was in an assited living place like that and they definitely love seeing children!

sladefamilyaz said...

I love the nursing home stories. So sweet.

Brad and Laurie said...

Rock-a-bye Sage,
on the RV top;
When the road curves,
asleep you are NOT!
When the road ends,
The RV will stop;
And awake will be Sage!
Ready or not:)

Family is definitely where it is at!