I LOVE Christmas, but I have to say I'm glad it's all over! Putting up decorations, taking down decorations, making Christmas cards and goodies, buying presents....it's all so so fun but also so so tiring. This year my entire family, minus Elder Kris, came to AZ and we have had so much fun. There are entirely too many pictures here, so I'll keep my words short and sweet.
Here we are with Santa...Sage didn't like him too much and refused to let him hold her for a picture. She was crying pretty much the whole time.
Sage with cousin Chance, who is so adorably cute with her. He wants to hold her all the time. Sage is chewing on G-G's eye glass case; it's her all time favorite chew toy.
OK, she doesn't look all that comfy here, but I swear she sat like this for the longest time! She was so relaxed on Chance.
Here they are enjoying yummy carrots. She loves gnawing on carrots and celery.
Nick, being Nick.
Dad wrestling w/ the kids
We got to talk to Kris on Christmas morning, which was so cool. I didn't get to say much because I was crying like a baby, but it was good to hear his voice. He's doing really well and spent Christmas Eve with President Eyring! Look at Sage...she's such a little poser!

Here she is opening her very first Christmas present from Grandma and Grandpa Young. I think she liked the paper the most, but oh well.
Sage and cousin Connor 
I LOVE this picture of Sage and her daddy. She looks so happy to be snuggling with him. She has the absolute best daddy in the whole world. She's got Clint wrapped around all ten of her tiny little fingers.

The first few days my folks were here, Sage didn't want anything to do with them. Now that she's warmed up to them, it's so fun watching her w/ all her aunts, uncles and g-m/pa's.
The day after Christmas, we headed over to Clint's folks for dinner and presents. Here she is snuggling w/ grandma....notice the celery? :)
Here she is on her new favorite toy from grandma and grandpa Overton. She can't quite ride or push it yet, but she sure loves all the buttons and noise it makes.
Another new favorite picture of Sage and daddy....they both look so happy!
Oh ya, and not that any of you are still reading this ridiculously long post, but Sage has some news to share! Doesn't she look thrilled???
Yup, we are pregnant again. It was a bit of a surprise, but we are so excited!! Sage and her new sibling will be about 18 months apart. Clint is determined it's a boy, and I'm kind of thinking it is too. I'm only 5 weeks along, but starving 100% of the time and craving steak like there's no tomorrow. I'm sick already, which seriously bites, but I guess it's worth it. ;) I'll have to post a picture of my BELLY soon, because you won't believe me till you see it for yourself. I'm not kidding, one day I didn't know I was pregnant, and the very next day after taking the test I had a huge belly. Everyone is pretty shocked. They're all trying to make me feel better by saying things like, 

"it's just because you're still not fully healed from having Sage", or
"once you've had a baby, your body just knows what direction to go"
But I'm not buying into any of that crap. Yes, I am healed, and have been for a few months. And no, not everyone's body does this after the first baby! In fact, no one I know has a 3 month looking belly after only 4 weeks! It's rather depressing. Anyway, we are so excited and can't wait to have another little baby to snuggle on!!















24 comments:
Oh my gosh!! im so excited for you!! i was so suprised!!! that is great! and yes other people have a big belly that soon! i have with every child! i start out so big, and stay that way until about 15 weeks and then it gets a little bigger! it sucks, i know how you feel!! But yay!! Congratulations, that is so fun!!! You guys look great also, what a fun Christmas!!
YEAH!!!! Congrats, That is so awesome!!! I am so happy fo ryou guys. So I am guessing the marathon has been put on hold. Can I tell you that I gained like 9 lbs from weeks 6 to 8 I feel so huge. I haven't gained any since then, but I know it is coming soon.
Congrats, Marianne! I actually noticed the "news" in the first picture of Sage in that shirt (with Clint's mom). That's so great! I bet you're not that big (we girls always FEEL bigger than we look :-). I also pop out very quickly. Sadly, it gets worse with each successive baby. Once the ol' kiddie pool has been stretched out to Olympic-size, it never forgets :-). Remember my big belly button?! That thing pops out before the pregnancy test even comes back positive!
Best of luck! I wish I could give you a hug!
I am seriously soooo excited for you!! When Jalei told me I about died! That is so great and you deserve to not have to "try" for a baby! I'm sure it is a welcome surprise!! LET'S SEE THAT BELLY!!
Marianne, Congrats!!! That is so exciting! It will be fun for them to be so close in age. Looks like you all had a great Christmas! Congrats again!
Yay!!! Congrats!!! Yall sure make cute babies, so why not keep them coming! Sorry you are so sick already, I sure know how you feel. I got a belly fast too and then it went away. It was actually bloating. Maybe yours is too. Not that it matters, they are worth every bit of belly. Mine is huge this time! We are so happy for yall! love ya, allie
I love all the pictures! And I'm so happy that you're having another little one! It will be so fun to compare what we're going through & I can't wait for them to meet!
Congrats! and umm, my babies were really close together and I swear, I never STOPPED looking pregnant after the first one. seriously. I was sad.
Oh my gosh! I'm so excited for you (and a little nervous). I couldn't fathom having another one right now...perhaps I'm suffering from baby blues and being overwhelmed with a child. I guess Sage is quite a bit older than my little one.:) She didn't look to happy to have another one barge in on her spoiled life yet! Congrats!!!!
Congrats! A boy would be nice...but then again a little girl could make a very close sister for Sage. Either way it's a blessing! Take care!
Congrats Marianne! We are really excited for you! I really want to see a picture of your belly. I bet it is not that big at all. Like someone else said, it's probably just bloating. Being pregnant in the summer is not very fun but hey I am right there with you for the second time! We can just live in the pool together! Let's get together, that is if you are feeling good!
I am glad you like the blog. I can't to hear about your marathon. You are totally awesome!!!
ok I am dying that is the cutest picture of sage I have ever seen! congrats! so exciting! glad you had a great christmas with your fam!!
Hi babe-
I'll be posting pictures of your training runs on my blog as well as Christmas and of course, Mexico/Rocky Point. love,dad
What the!? CONGRATULATIONS!!! So...no marathon?? Oh my gosh, I am so surprised and so EXCITED for you guys! How fun to have two so close in age! I am so so so happy for you! CALL ME! Love ya! :)
Okay seriously you have to look at my blog because I just got done posting and then looked at your blog and saw the same thing!! ha!! We HAVE to get together! I am so excited for you guys!! Babies are the best!!
Holy cow! How exciting that you are prego! Sage looks like she had so much fun over the holidays. I ran into your dad at Costco! Running into a fellow Midlothian(er?) It is great seeing pictures of your family.
CONGRATS!!!! And my tummy did that with Lukas. One day I was fine (I won't say flat b/c it hasn't been that way since my newlywed 5lbs!) but then I find out and it's like "hello, you know you pregnant now so here's a belly to go along with it!!" Just popped out!
Show it off and I think you are in good enough shape to kick anyone's booty that makes any rude comments ;)
AWWW! Congratulations you two! We're so excited for you!
brother and sister overtun! this is megan adams!! you guys taught me (and a bunch of other hooligans) in sunday school how many years ago?! hahah, i blog stalked you off someone else's blog, i know, that is so creepy, but i was WAY excited to see that it was you guys! sage is BEAAUUUTIFUL and i am so happy that you are going to have another baby too! how great! send me your email address and i can add you to my blog list:) take care!
CONGRATS!!!!!!! That is awesome!!! 18 months is close but they will have so much fun together! How awesome. I feel you on the belly thing... I don't know what yours looks likebut I feel like my belly and boobs get huge immediatly! Now worries though, you always get into shape so fast anyway. CONGRATS!
ok, im stalking again, BUT send me your email address to my email.. which is, since i spaced on giving it earlier... mebah729@msn.com :)
yay!! thats so exciting. i'm sure you look adorable with your little bump.:)... and i LOVE the pic of sage. seriously so cute!
hi marianne: I just wanted to say how excited I am for you having another baby. Kurt and Chelsea were only 18 months apart and until they were teenagers (when it's mandatory that you "hate" your siblings for a while) they were best buddies. It was always so cute!
Oh...and my first thought when I read about your "tummy bump"...maybe you're having TWINS. Let me be the first to make that prediction! That would be awesome.
well, just wanted to say hello. would love to see you guys. love you, debbie macdonnell
Post a Comment