Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Boogies

I can't stand boogies in my girls' noses. I'm constantly wiping and picking and pulling stuff out to keep them clean. My obsession with it has now turned Sage into a boogie picking machine. She can't stand for the tiniest of boogies to be in her nose. It's 9:04 tonight and she's been in bed for the past half hour. All the sudden, she starts crying "HELP! Boogie on finger, boogie on finger!" I go in to investigate, and sure enough, there is a big fat green boogie on her finger. She is sitting straight up in bed, finger held high above her head, waiting for me to clean it up for her. What cracks me up about this is 1. that she doesn't wipe it on her clothes or her bed, 2. she doesn't eat it, and 3. she promptly laid right back down, said "night night", and rolled over to go back to sleep. Now if that's not weird, I don't know what is.

PS...I've never called it a "boogie" in my entire life, but that's what Sage calls it, so now I do too.

3 comments:

Allie said...

Ok, that is hilarious! I am with you on the no boggie rule
though....kids with green chuncks in noses don't look cute or taken care of. I know I am mean. So, I want to talk to you about the sleep prob. I am sending you an email about my experience with that right now!!!!

Jami said...

That's our name for them too. I am the same way. It is great that she doesn't try to eat them.

Jalei & Lane said...

That is so funny! I'm the same way about E's nose. She's finally learned to just let me do it instead of flailing around.