Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Staying Busy

Amber and I have decided that it's not ok for our kids not to know each other. Really, we live 15 minutes away from each other and never do anything together. So, every Thursday neither of us are going to go to the gym (which seems to take up half the day) and instead are going to do something fun with the kiddos. Last week we took them to a cute little gym called "Family Time" and let them run around for a while. It took Sage about an hour to get up the nerve to climb the two foot high stairs to go down the slide. My girls are the biggest chickens ever!

The sequence:
Happy to smile and pose for the camera together.

Connor trying to convince Sage to go down the slide.

You can do it, Sage. I'll help you.

Sage squeals. Connor backs off. Amber and I laugh, they look away being all bashful. It was pretty cute.

These pics are blurry, but you get the drift.

After a half hour of convincing, Sage agreed to come down with us. Check out the expression on her face.

And a few random shots from our week...





5 comments:

Jami said...

Don't feel bad. Jalei has been here all month, and we have only done one thing together. The gym looks fun.

Jalei & Lane said...

That place looks fun. All we have is this ghetto play area at the mall where all the rif raf play.

Castaneda 5 said...

Looks like fun! You guys are so lucky to be raising your families so close to one another! I have to rely on friends but they have become like sisters to me!

Jenni said...

So cute!
You and Amber are way too good about working out! I wish I had an ounce of your will-power! I'm getting quite disgusted with myself.

Tiffany said...

How fun to get to live right by your sister and have your kids grow up together...you girls are so lucky to have that! Don't take it for granted! Those pics of Connor trying to help Sage go down the slide are so cute!!!
P.S. LOVE Charlotte's pink dress in those bottom pics!