Friday, March 25, 2011

Baby THREE



Sage and Charlotte are getting a new playmate! They are super excited (as are we) and are already talking to my tummy. Charlotte was so not in the mood for posing in this shirt, so these are the best shots I got. I am much much bigger this time. Already. As in I'm only 7 weeks and already telling the world, because I look like I'm 20 weeks. I'll take a picture for proof later. Things are a bit different this time. Like:
1. I'm not throwing up yet. With the girls I was perched over a toilet all day every day. So far, I am very very nauseous but nothing is coming up. I feel like the throw up is at my neck all day and about to come out, but nothing ever does.
2. I'm sleepy. So sleepy. I was super-woman with the other two. I worked, worked out, cleaned, organized, etc. every day just fine. But lately I'm a zombie. By two I'm toast and need a power nap to make it through the rest of the day. My workouts are pretty pathetic and I usually plop down on a bike because that takes way less energy that lifting.
3. I hate sweets. A tragedy coming from my mouth, but seriously the smell of cookies makes me want to cry. I've even got a small box of See's candies in my kitchen that has been sitting there for weeks because it just sounds horrible to me. I'm hoping this aversion sticks around long enough for me to loose the baby weight after baby comes. Doubtful, but I can dream.
4. I am going to be fat. With Sage and Charly I gained less that 20 lbs. As of today, 7 weeks in, I've already gained three. Maybe because I'm not throwing up? I don't know. But I am eating everything in sight. I went to Costco the other day and bought all the nasty, pre-made stuff that I would never in a million years buy normally. It just looked good. And if something looks good, I buy it. Because there's not a dang thing in my fridge or pantry that sounds appetizing. Most everything that sounds good to me is fast food (which I NEVER eat) and restaurant food. My latest craving is mashed potatoes and Macadameia Nut chicken from Kona Grill. I'll be begging Clint for that on date night this weekend. He has been fabulous with my cravings already. Last week I called him and asked him to pick up pizza one night and Paradise Bakery the next on his way home because I couldn't stomach the thought of cooking and that is what sounded tasty. Our grocery/food bill this month is going to be astronomical.
5. I don't have the energy to run. I ran well into my fifth month with the girls---long distances. Right now, you couldn't pay me to go run. Walk? Absolutely. Run? I think I'd barf all over.

So, there you have it. Three kids in three years. C-razy. Our latest project is getting Sage and Charly in the same room. I am on the bed/dresser hunt and am going to be painting once again. I'm not sure where I'll fit everything when he/she gets here. The closet C sleeps in is STUFFED full of food storage and baby gear. When I have to clear that closet out I'm not sure where I'll put everything.

12 comments:

Shari said...

You don't look pregnant to the rest of the world, you just look normal, as in not looking like you do 75 sit ups every morning! I get tired when I babysit those two sweet girls, so I don't know how you could NOT, especially being pregnant and doing all that work 24/7. You're still Super Woman!

BJ and Alexis Gremillion said...

Yay!! I'm so excited for you! I LOVE that Macadamia Nut Chicken from Kona Grill!! I think I seriously dream about it!

Jalei & Lane said...

Yay! I can't wait to compare our experiences. Reading your posts, sounds like we are having similar things, except I don't have an aversion to sweets (thank goodness)!

Jami said...

Congratulations! I never piled with any of the girls, but I wasvsick to my stomach for four months straight. Feel better.

Debbie said...

YAY! I'm so excited for you! And I just have to say for the record I think it's a boy because when I was pregnant with Logan I HATED sweets. Couldn't even stand the thought of them. With Savannah donuts were my favorite thing ever. So write down a boy vote for me:) CONGRATS!!

Regina said...

Congrats!!! I totally already guessed it when you told Jalei to email you when she made her announcement!! So exciting!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

-and Charlotte sleeps in a closet??

Tiffany said...

Congrats again!!!!! So exciting! I second What Debbie said...my guess is its a boy too. Cuz I had the same sick-like-im-gonna-puke feeling constantly but never did puke. And I was super duper tired and NEVER had the energy to work out even though I swore I'd work out through my pregnancy. Maybe that's a boy thing :) Besides, you already have 2 girls so you gotta start evening out the numbers and have a BOY! Either way, can't wait to meet him or her! Hope you start feeling better soon! Xoxo

E is for Elmes said...

Congrats! That is so awesome!
So sorry your feeling like puking all day long, With my 2 girls I would brush my teeth & Mainly the back of my tongue to get myself to gag, to the point of throwing up, Then once I threw up I was perfectly fine the rest of the day.

Julie said...

Congrats, Marianne! Wish I could be closer to help you out. For me, I get bigger with each baby :-). With this one, I am currently measuring FIVE WEEKS ahead! And, no, my doc doesn't think my due date is off. So, either I am giving birth to a baby dinosaur or I am, in Scott's words, a convection oven and am cooking him at super-speed :-). Either way, despite the aches and pains, pregnancy is an exciting time, and I wish you the best of luck! I hope the nausea goes away soon.
Love,
Julie

Elisha said...

Congrats lady! I am so excited for you!! OK, and you are NOT going to be fat! Seriously, you are so funny... Sounds like you guys had a good time in California, I wish we would've seen ya!!

lrbodine said...

Congrats! You are one BRAVE woman. My oldest just turned 4 and I'm not ready to think about baby #3 at all!

sladefamilyaz said...

CONGRATULATIONS! And I'm sure you're not fat.