Friends of a friend made these cute chairs for the girls. Simple coat of paint and they are the cutest things ever. The girls love them. And no, Sage's pose was not prompted.

Charlotte's favorite thing lately is looking through our family blog books. She will sit for hours looking at all the pictures and pointing everyone out. At first I kept them away from her because she isn't super gentle with them, but lately I've decided that that's the whole point of these books....to look through. So have at it, Charly!

Saturday night we took the girls out with us for a family date night. (AKA time to stop spending so much money on a babysitter!) We went to Texas Roadhouse, where the girls each ate two rolls and a tub of butter. Bad parenting? Maybe. But Clint and I were able to enjoy our steaks while they ate butter off their fingers. Then we walked around San Tan mall and made a stop at DQ for ice-cream. Sage kept saying, "I'm so excited! I'm so excited!" when we told her we were getting ice-cream. I think the combination of rolls, butter, and ice-cream got to her though. She was up from 3am till 8am crying and miserable. Which means I was, too. She's back to her chipper self today though.
We had a few rough days again trying to get her to go #2 on the toilet. We finally gave her a suppository and it totally did the trick. I've been putting Myralax in her milk each morning too to soften things up for her and now she goes like a champ....way too many times a day. We are done with the Myralax for a while now that she is used to going every day.
Funny things she's been saying:
after brushing teeth she says, "Ok mom, time to put lotion on my sweet cheeks."
after randomly saying that I had a big tummy this afternoon, she says, "no mom, Aunt Kafrin has a big tummy because she has a pink baby girl in there."
after seeing dirty skid marks in the toilet (yuck, I know.) she says, "oh no! Dad must have done that. That means he sat down on the potty. Most of the time he stands up but to poop he sits down."
when I asked her what she wanted for lunch today, "an egg cheese crisp." (bacon egg and cheese tortilla)
And new words from Charlotte the past few weeks:
upstairs, downstairs, flower, chair


Charlotte's favorite thing lately is looking through our family blog books. She will sit for hours looking at all the pictures and pointing everyone out. At first I kept them away from her because she isn't super gentle with them, but lately I've decided that that's the whole point of these books....to look through. So have at it, Charly!

Saturday night we took the girls out with us for a family date night. (AKA time to stop spending so much money on a babysitter!) We went to Texas Roadhouse, where the girls each ate two rolls and a tub of butter. Bad parenting? Maybe. But Clint and I were able to enjoy our steaks while they ate butter off their fingers. Then we walked around San Tan mall and made a stop at DQ for ice-cream. Sage kept saying, "I'm so excited! I'm so excited!" when we told her we were getting ice-cream. I think the combination of rolls, butter, and ice-cream got to her though. She was up from 3am till 8am crying and miserable. Which means I was, too. She's back to her chipper self today though.
We had a few rough days again trying to get her to go #2 on the toilet. We finally gave her a suppository and it totally did the trick. I've been putting Myralax in her milk each morning too to soften things up for her and now she goes like a champ....way too many times a day. We are done with the Myralax for a while now that she is used to going every day.
Funny things she's been saying:
after brushing teeth she says, "Ok mom, time to put lotion on my sweet cheeks."
after randomly saying that I had a big tummy this afternoon, she says, "no mom, Aunt Kafrin has a big tummy because she has a pink baby girl in there."
after seeing dirty skid marks in the toilet (yuck, I know.) she says, "oh no! Dad must have done that. That means he sat down on the potty. Most of the time he stands up but to poop he sits down."
when I asked her what she wanted for lunch today, "an egg cheese crisp." (bacon egg and cheese tortilla)
And new words from Charlotte the past few weeks:
upstairs, downstairs, flower, chair
















7 comments:
Those chairs are too cute! Everytime we go out to eat with E we never order her anything. We just let her munch on chips & fries & she's happy.
Sage looks so grown up in that chair. They are adorable.
Emma is a Myralax girl. We had a really hard time with number 2 on the potty until we started using it. We tried backing off it when she got more normal but her poor body backed right up within a few days. We finally found the right dose for her and she gets it every day. You can totally tell if we miss a day, its like the devil (in poo form) is stuck inside her. TMI :o) Just wanted you to know, I feel your pain.
haha sages poses are SOOO cute these days.
mmm...texas roadhouse. When I go, all I want is endless rolls and endless tubs of butter.
I need to make some of those blog books...was it hard to make? did it take forever? send me the link to the website where you make them!
Those chairs are too cute! And can you really blame them for only eating the rolls? Cmon, they're the BEST!!
skidmarks, huh? nice one, clint.
Post a Comment