Monday, March 21, 2011

CALIFORNIA

I forced Clint to take a day off work so we could take a quick family trip to visit my cousin Kristi and her super amazing cute family in California. It was FANTASTIC.

The highs:
Both girls slept so incredibly well while we were there. Charlotte in the closet, Sage with me on a blow up mattress. Daddy on the floor. Naps, night time, everything. We all slept so well.
Taking one of the best naps I've ever had in my life.
Our collection of Disney movies that kept the girls entertained on our drive up and back.
Kristi and Noah's awesome pancakes that I can't stop thinking about.
Thai food! Eaten on chargers with a candle and everything!
Late nights chatting about ex boyfriends, bad breath, kids, the slinky, and breast milk.
Sea World! Two days of perfect weather and very well behaved (for the most part) kids.
The beach! Although it was too cold to play, it was beautiful.
Seeing a part of Cali that I loved. I love the beach but have always thought that Cali is way too crowded and just not as great as everyone says. But Kristi and Noah live in the most beautiful little area. Green and gorgeous.

The lows:
Charlotte being scared of every animal at Sea World and refusing to watch any of the animal shows.
Charlotte wanting to walk around by herself (ian walk! ian walk!) at Sea World and getting almost lost a lot. We need a leash for that kid!
Getting unbelievably car sick.
The I-10 being backed up for over an hour on our drive home.

Thank you thank you Kristi and Noah for opening up your home to us and for bending over backwards to make us comfy. You guys rock.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket
Clint was all geared up to jump in the ocean until a passerby pointed out the signs and said it was legit. So he stayed healthy and out of the freezing water.
Photobucket

Photobucket

8 comments:

Jami said...

Looks like so much fun. I'm glad the girls did well in the car. I'm not sure Eleanor would do well yet in the car for a long period of time.

Jalei & Lane said...

Nice! That looks so beautiful! What part of Cali was it? I've never been there before.

Regina said...

So FUN! Very cute pics too!

Shari said...

I'm glad you guys had fun! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Tiffany said...

Looks like such a fun trip! I love Sea World! Can't wait to take Madden there someday! ;)

eyre blog said...

you guys are the best! thanks so much for the visit. come back often!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE California! All of these pictures are so cute!

Anna said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun and the trip was a success! It's so hard to do car trips when sick and pregnant-you're a trooper!!