Monday, June 20, 2011

Healing Quickly!

Clint had his face stitches taken out and a check up with his plastic surgeon last week. This dude is legit! His office for sure cost more than our home. And car. And everything we own combined. It was flashy. That's him in the plaque. He said Clint's scars were healing nicely and that he was very happy with his eye especially. He said Clint lost a half inch of tissue on his left eye lid and had to do a mini eye lift on that side. His skin is raised there and has a little extra tissue hanging on but it's looking great. I try to slather cream on his other sores to try to keep them from scarring too much, but with Clint it might just be a lost cause. As you can see, Clint was not interested in my documenting this activity. He was on the phone for work, which he misses and is dying to get back to.

Today we had our first follow up with the trauma surgeon. He took the stitches out of his leg and ordered pretty panty-hose looking compression tights for Clint to wear to help get the swelling out of his leg. Clint was devastated at the doc's orders to stay away from work and to keep weight off the leg for another 6-8 weeks, which is longer than we were told at the start. The doc said if it was just the femur break it wouldn't be as big a deal, but the hip area is much more sensitive. Clint was hoping he'd get a clean bill of health. Ha. I'm not sure why--he still can't even lift his leg an inch off the table while lying flat. We go back in two weeks for another follow up and x-rays and he's hoping he'll have magically healed and get the ok then. I think Clint was annoyed yet again that I insist on taking photos of each visit, but he will get over it. I think his leg looks pretty good in this picture. (Unless Clint sees this and insists on me removing it from the public eye. In which case, you'll just have to take my word for it.) It's more gnarly up close. His muscle is shot and is all wavy looking. The plate was put in at the incision at the top by his hip and the titanium rod was inserted through that longer tear, which is also wear the bone was poking out. His leg is swollen and bruised all the way down to his toes. They are weaning him off of his pain killers starting this week so I keep telling him to take it easy. He seems to think he in invincible and is totally fine but I think that's just the Oxycontin and Percoset masking the pain.

He is finally sleeping at night. Still in the recliner down stairs because his leg doesn't lay flat well but we are both hoping he'll be upstairs with me soon. I'm not sleeping great without him, which is weird considering how much I complained about his sweating and snoring and stinky boy smell. :)

And despite my very best efforts, Spongebob Square Pants has made an appearance into our home. I detest that cartoon. But Clint and the girls think it's the best show ever. I've had to put my foot down a few times because I just can't stand my little gals watching it, but sometimes mom is just ignored.

7 comments:

Jami said...

I'm so glad that he is doing better. I had to wear the compression tights in the hospital after my surgery, lots of fun.

I also hate sponge bob, and Patrick and the girls just love it. I will watch any other cartoon over him. I'm glad that tv time has been cut during the summer, so I don't have to see him.

Regina said...

I am so glad he is doing well! I can attest that the compression tights totally suck. I felt totally suffocated! I hope everything continues to go well for him and all of you!

Kelly hasn't ever seen Sponge Bob yet, thank goodness! I have only seen bits and pieces years ago, but I remember it being so inappropriate! We don't even listen to real music around here. It's all primary songs, silly kids songs and Rascal Flatts. I guess I am trying to keep them as little as possible as long as possible!

Shari said...

I never could see why anyone would watch Sponge Bob, either. That show just seems like... well, maybe a brain vacuum??... But I was thinking about it today. I've noticed that Sage's attitude has been changing the last couple of times I've been with her. It's either because she's going on 4 years or Sponge Bob Squarepants is influencing her. I was actually thinking it might have had something to do with her daddy's accident, too, but I think I'm sticking with my SB theory.

The Hann Family said...

What a scary accident! I am so glad Clint is doing better and you and the girls are hanging in there. I hate Sponge Bob too, but Spencer and the kids love it! Yes, I was over ruled on that one.

Katherine Young said...

that plastic surgeon looks legit for real. if i get a boob job im going to him. hhaha.

Jalei & Lane said...

Wow, he looks really good! Just give him 1 day of thinking he's superman without the meds & I bet the next day he'll be a bit more realistic.

Elisha said...

Hey lady! OK where in the heck have I been?!? I can't believe everythings that has happened to you and your poor family! I am SO glad Clint is OK, what a scary ordeal for you all to go through. Wow! You guys are SO amazing and SO strong!! BTW, I am SO exicted for girl #3!!