1. The girls like to entertain daddy and could really get used to him being at home.
2. Clint's leg weighs almost as much as me. We are working on physical therapy at home, three times a day. I have to lift his leg and drive his knee towards his chest but not let him hold any of the leg weight. I don't think I have to go to the gym anymore because my hamstrings and back always burn so bad afterwards.
3. Clint is the sole reason behind my normal 5-7 loads of laundry each week. With him laid up I'm only doing 2-3 each week. If that.
4. Being a single mom would be hard work. Single mothers and fathers are my heroes. It's only been a week and I'm pooped! I feel like I climb my stairs a thousand times a day.
5. My neighbors are the best. I don't think we could ever move away from them.
6. Clint doesn't really need help. He wants to do everything on his own and only needs me for the basics: bringing him meals, drinks, meds, clothes.
7. I might become an expert woodworker. Or hire one. We are changing the guest room into Sage and Charlotte's room so the nursery can stay the nursery. We have to take down chair rail, repaint, hang shutters, install shelving, buy and set up a bed and dresser. Um....dad? I might hire you. Or bribe you.
8. Sage is really concerned about daddy not getting his exercises done each day. When she climbs into my bed to snuggle each night, she asks, "why doesn't daddy walk anymore?" When I try to explain she shrugs and says, "maybe he needs more exercise."
9. Between three PT appointments each week, check ups with trauma surgeons, check ups with plastic surgeons, deposition appointments with lawyers from his LAST accident over two years ago, blood work, ultrasounds and OB-GYN appointments, my work schedule, daily chores, and the ladies, our summer fun schedule is gone. I'm not complaining, though. For real. I'm beyond happy to be busy with these things!
10. I still love my husband more than anything else. And will happily put up with his can't shower stink for as long as needed. :)


2. Clint's leg weighs almost as much as me. We are working on physical therapy at home, three times a day. I have to lift his leg and drive his knee towards his chest but not let him hold any of the leg weight. I don't think I have to go to the gym anymore because my hamstrings and back always burn so bad afterwards.
3. Clint is the sole reason behind my normal 5-7 loads of laundry each week. With him laid up I'm only doing 2-3 each week. If that.
4. Being a single mom would be hard work. Single mothers and fathers are my heroes. It's only been a week and I'm pooped! I feel like I climb my stairs a thousand times a day.
5. My neighbors are the best. I don't think we could ever move away from them.
6. Clint doesn't really need help. He wants to do everything on his own and only needs me for the basics: bringing him meals, drinks, meds, clothes.
7. I might become an expert woodworker. Or hire one. We are changing the guest room into Sage and Charlotte's room so the nursery can stay the nursery. We have to take down chair rail, repaint, hang shutters, install shelving, buy and set up a bed and dresser. Um....dad? I might hire you. Or bribe you.
8. Sage is really concerned about daddy not getting his exercises done each day. When she climbs into my bed to snuggle each night, she asks, "why doesn't daddy walk anymore?" When I try to explain she shrugs and says, "maybe he needs more exercise."
9. Between three PT appointments each week, check ups with trauma surgeons, check ups with plastic surgeons, deposition appointments with lawyers from his LAST accident over two years ago, blood work, ultrasounds and OB-GYN appointments, my work schedule, daily chores, and the ladies, our summer fun schedule is gone. I'm not complaining, though. For real. I'm beyond happy to be busy with these things!
10. I still love my husband more than anything else. And will happily put up with his can't shower stink for as long as needed. :)















9 comments:
Something that I've learned: We take people for granted way too much. This has made me take a fresh look at my family every day and just be grateful for all of you!
I heard Clint talking to someone on the phone yesterday, and he was telling them he had an accident and broke his leg. Doesn't that sound like a pretty simplified version of an event that changed everyone else's outlook on life? :) I'm SOOOO glad that he can say that, and sound like that's all HE thinks it was!
Oh my goodness!! If I lived out there I would help you build and fix the room! I know how exhausting it is!
I am so glad that he is ok and you seem to be handling things like a champ! You are BOTH lucky to have each other!
I wish we weren't so far away in Phoenix or else I would be bringing you meals and picking up the kids for play dates. So sorry you are having to go thru all of this but so happy Clint is ok! You are such a strong woman/mother/wife!
Clint is lucky to have his adorable little girls to entertain him and an amazing wife to nurse him back to health and dote on him :)
I'm so sorry this happened to him! And I can't imagine how terrified you were before you found out he would make it. Bless your heart. Please let me know what I can do. I'm not far away, and we would love for your girls to come play with our girls. Get Well Soon, Clint!
So glad Clint's doing well! I can't believe he went to work already! It looks like Clint and I have the same set up! The good 'ol recliner in front of the TV....now if I just had a remote and a TV that actually worked it'd be nice!
You are sooo stinkin positive under pressure. I'm proud of you!! I really want to come visit this week, so call me!! Judd's been wondering if he can swing by after work one day and take Clint up on that chess/or card game deal?
You have a great attitude. I hope you get a little break soon.
Post a Comment