I LOVE this face. Classic Charly smile.
How oh how did this happen? My babies are getting so big. Not to worry, another brand new baby will be here soon. :) Charlotte turned two on Tuesday. She couldn't have cared less. Candles? Cake? Presents? So not important. She was very disinterested. Good thing her gift cost us a whopping $8.
Our day started with that very special gift. I couldn't wait. I thought she would LOVE it and carry it around with her everywhere. She has been really into barbies and little trinket type toys lately, so I thought I'd get her a small barbie. Brilliant, right? Not. It was dropped to the floor and has not been played with since. Charlotte wasn't too eager to open her gift, so Sage offered help. She has been calling herself "sissy" lately, which I'm trying to do away with. That has never been nor will it ever be a favorite sister name of mine. I just don't really like it. Don't ask me where she picked it up from.
We then had birthday pancakes. I thought if she had a chance to practice blowing out candles in the morning, she might do better when it came to for cake. Wrong again, mom.
We then spent three hours in the car for work. Sorry Charlotte. Not very fun for your birthday.
After lunch and naps, we had a little family party. Cake and ice-cream; nothing too fancy. Shari made a killer cake. So so cute and delicious. C was spoiled with lots of presents from cousins and grandma's/pa's. She had lots of helpers to help open and play with things. It was a tight squeeze, but well worth it and lots of fun. We are so glad we have so much family living close to us. We missed you Aud (and fam), Kris and Brenna, BJ & Kat, and Monte!
Things I want to remember about my baby at this age:
she squeaks like a mouse all day long
she talks in a high-pitched soprano-type voice
she marches everywhere she goes. she doesn't have a normal walk. it's all about high knees and tippy-toes. especially when she runs. she burns major calories with all the high knees she does.
she loves ham
she still won't eat a pb&j sandwich like a normal child. she rips it apart, uses her fingers to lick off all the pb and j, then eats the bread.
she loves bath time
she is a champ at getting her teeth brushed and at her bedtime routine
she hates sitting still for FHE
she hates sitting in a dirty diaper. the second she does her business, she runs to me saying "an change. an change." then lays down with her butt in the air. not legs, just butt. she sits in a bridge position so her poop doesn't get smashed in. then when i am done, she waves and says, "bye poo-poo!"
she mimics everything sage does. EVERYTHING.
she is talking up a storm and lately my favorite word of hers is "ok" and "tanks" (thanks)
she loves to draw
she loves to sneak onto my computer and type away. this might have something to do with why my computer isn't working so swell.
every morning she asks, "where dadda?"
she loves to snuggle
her favorite place to play is "care! care! care!" (Claire's) house. they are bff's.
on the nights that i am too lazy to bathe them, i wipe her feet with a wet one. she loves it and says, "tick-e tick-e tick-e!" (tickle tickle tickle), while holding her hands in tight at her chest and wriggling her fingers together like she's tickling something.
she has a little mean streak in her at times. she loves to pull sage's pig tails and slap her when she doesn't get her way.
she spits when she's mad
she is the most loveable little gal ever. our family would be incomplete without her.
WE LOVE YOU, CHARLOTTE LAREE.















8 comments:
Happy Birthday, Charlotte!!! Thats hilarious that she didn't care for her b-day present :)
And I couldn't agree more with you on the "sissy" nickname...I cringe when I hear sisters calling each other that.
Wayne used to call me "Pister," so it could be worse... I'm sure she'll pick that Barbie up one of these days and not put it down for a long time. She cracks me up with her "Oh, Man!" comment. She always seems to know just where it fits in, too, like when she's in her car seat and drops something... :) I love that little girl! :)
Happy Birthday Charlotte!! We wish we could've been there, but we miss everything right? Don't worry about the barbie, we've bought a few and they never get played with...that is until last Sunday when CHANCE found one, dressed it all up and wanted to take it to church to play with during sacrament meeting. Nice. Now he keeps asking Kenedi if she wants to play barbies :)
HA! She is so funny and SO cute!!!
Such a cutie.
Love that top picture. She looks mischievous! Happy birthday!
I forgot that her and Savannah were so close in age! about a month apart I guess. I laughed at the thought of you wiping their feet at night with wipies...reminded me how you would wash your feet off at night before going to bed. Pretty sure you are one of the few people I know who do that:)
Happy Birthday! Awesome cake. I'm glad Clint is improving.
Post a Comment