Love to brush their teeth. Especially in the mornings when mommy brushes hers. The second I whip out the toothpaste they stand right next to each other with their mouths WIDE open, waiting for their turn. Yes, I'm lazy in the mornings. We all three share my toothbrush. Don't judge. They prefer mine over theirs any day.
(and Charlotte's eyes look creepy.)

And Sage has been fighting nap times. She goes down fine, but would rather sing songs and talk to her animals than actually sleep. The other day, I gave up and told her she could read books in bed as long as she was quiet and resting. I went to check on her and this is what I found:

She said, "but mom. I really am not tired. And Sarah (her horse) needed a ride." Can't argue with that, I guess. Today after church I laid her down and went downstairs to take a nap on our couch. I was awoken from a deep sleep by a little finger poking my cheek and Sage saying, "look mom. I'm awake!" This is the first time she has EVER come out of her room on her own. Greeaaat. I just rolled over and told her to go find her daddy. Which she did. And bless his heart, he kept her happy for another hour while I slept.
(and Charlotte's eyes look creepy.)

And Sage has been fighting nap times. She goes down fine, but would rather sing songs and talk to her animals than actually sleep. The other day, I gave up and told her she could read books in bed as long as she was quiet and resting. I went to check on her and this is what I found:

She said, "but mom. I really am not tired. And Sarah (her horse) needed a ride." Can't argue with that, I guess. Today after church I laid her down and went downstairs to take a nap on our couch. I was awoken from a deep sleep by a little finger poking my cheek and Sage saying, "look mom. I'm awake!" This is the first time she has EVER come out of her room on her own. Greeaaat. I just rolled over and told her to go find her daddy. Which she did. And bless his heart, he kept her happy for another hour while I slept.















5 comments:
We don't share toothbrushes, but I do let them have adult paste. We brush together too.
As for naps, Matilda is getting that way too. She has learned that she has to stay in the room two hours no matter what. She sleeps about 75% of the time, the other 25% she lays in her bed and watches the clock.
I've been amazed that Sage doesn't get out of her bed by herself. It had to happen sometime! ;) I just love your blog posts - it helps me get through my "baby withdrawls!"
Man, when I say it's time to brush teeth, E takes off running & we have to chase her around the couch a few times before we catch her. And it sounds like you need to get some of those child proof door knobs.
you are such a good mommy. and I'm really jealous that she's just discovering that she can explore on her own. Just make sure your doors are always locked!!
I can't believe she has never gotten out of bed on her own! It took Kelly only a few days after switching to a bed! Sage's hair is getting so long and pretty!
Post a Comment