Apparently I don't take photos or have much going on during these hot summer days. It's too hot to step foot outside and I'm too fat to enjoy looking much at myself in photos anyways. I have been busy organizing (and re-organizing) every nook and cranny of my house, trying to make room for another bambino. Exhibit A:

I won't show you pictures of Sage and Charlotte's soon-to-be-shared room quite yet, but I've spent the past few days puttying holes from previous chair rail, sanding, puttying, sanding, priming and painting. Oh and puttying and sanding and painting again because it's just not perfect. (Clint is a perfectionist with some things and couldn't care less about others. The re-do's were ALL his idea.) While I was painting, Charlotte slept in her pack and play in Sage's room for two days because the paint fumes were so bad. It did not go well. The first night at around 11, I kept hearing a banging noise coming from their room. I went to investigate and Charlotte was leaning out of her cage playing with the kitchen. She was making a midnight snack, apparently. The second I popped in, she flew back into her bed, flat on her stomach and shut her eyes super tight. I about died laughing. So that was night 1. Not horrible. But then nap time the next day was a joke. The girls didn't make a peep, but don't think for a second that they slept. Every time I peeked in on them, Charlotte would have one leg hanging over her cage with a barbie in her hand and Sage would be sprinting back to bed before I saw her. I think I might have my hands full when they are both in big girl beds sharing a room. Night two was awful. They were both over tired and fussed all night. Sage kept having night terrors where she would be asleep but screaming, and poor C got scared. It wasn't pretty. But---the paint is done and they are in their separate rooms once again.
Other than that, not much is going on around here. Clint has been testing the waters with walking but his muscles spasm up when he tries, so for now he is still on crutches. He has an appointment next Tuesday with the surgeon and he is hoping (as am I) that he will get his driving privileges back. His scars are healing but I've noticed that his nose is crooked. He has noticed it too and says he can wriggle it around and feel it bending. I think it adds to his charm.
Charlotte is obsessed with barbies and necklaces lately. She usually wears at least four necklaces and carries two barbies with her at all times. Sage has been doing wonderfully lately at listening and minding. She has her moments, trust me, but for the most part is just so sweet. She cracks Clint and I up. We went to dinner with Clint's folks the other night and because she ate all of her food, she got a few bites of Outback's Chocolate Thunder From Down Under dessert. Yum. She loved every bite of it. On the way home, Clint asked her if she loved her brownie and ice-cream. To which she replied, "Um dad. I love Sleeping Beauty right now." She was watching this on the way home. Clint asked her if she wanted him to leave her alone so she could hear her movie and she said, "yes please". I realize this doesn't sound super funny, but at the time we about died laughing. The way she processes and thinks about things is amazing to me.


Both my mom and dad had birthday's last month, so we had a little dinner to celebrate. I am LOVING having them live out here.


And I might complain more here. I have been really depressed lately with my weight gain with this pregnancy. I have a solid three months left and can really tell in my arms and legs that the weight is not just sticking to my belly this time around. I realize that happens, yadda yadda yadda. But I hate it. I hate looking in the mirror and being totally disgusted by what I see. And I'm annoyed at the gym lately. I think I'm in a rut and just need to change things up, but I'm not sure how. I really want to do something outdoors but it's too hot, and I ran for the last time on Saturday. About two miles in, I was hurting so bad I had to walk the rest of the way. I do something different every day at the gym and know what I'm doing, but am just BORED. Sick of the smell, sick of the machines, sick of getting super sweaty and then going to work and being sweaty and stinky all day until I get home. Woe is me, I know. I told Clint I need happy pills with this pregnancy, and he swears I've said that with each pregnancy and I just don't remember. But really, I am not a nice person when I'm pregnant. I'm tired and feel lazy and fat and am super grumpy. So I'll be happy when I'm back to my old self. :)


I won't show you pictures of Sage and Charlotte's soon-to-be-shared room quite yet, but I've spent the past few days puttying holes from previous chair rail, sanding, puttying, sanding, priming and painting. Oh and puttying and sanding and painting again because it's just not perfect. (Clint is a perfectionist with some things and couldn't care less about others. The re-do's were ALL his idea.) While I was painting, Charlotte slept in her pack and play in Sage's room for two days because the paint fumes were so bad. It did not go well. The first night at around 11, I kept hearing a banging noise coming from their room. I went to investigate and Charlotte was leaning out of her cage playing with the kitchen. She was making a midnight snack, apparently. The second I popped in, she flew back into her bed, flat on her stomach and shut her eyes super tight. I about died laughing. So that was night 1. Not horrible. But then nap time the next day was a joke. The girls didn't make a peep, but don't think for a second that they slept. Every time I peeked in on them, Charlotte would have one leg hanging over her cage with a barbie in her hand and Sage would be sprinting back to bed before I saw her. I think I might have my hands full when they are both in big girl beds sharing a room. Night two was awful. They were both over tired and fussed all night. Sage kept having night terrors where she would be asleep but screaming, and poor C got scared. It wasn't pretty. But---the paint is done and they are in their separate rooms once again.
Other than that, not much is going on around here. Clint has been testing the waters with walking but his muscles spasm up when he tries, so for now he is still on crutches. He has an appointment next Tuesday with the surgeon and he is hoping (as am I) that he will get his driving privileges back. His scars are healing but I've noticed that his nose is crooked. He has noticed it too and says he can wriggle it around and feel it bending. I think it adds to his charm.
Charlotte is obsessed with barbies and necklaces lately. She usually wears at least four necklaces and carries two barbies with her at all times. Sage has been doing wonderfully lately at listening and minding. She has her moments, trust me, but for the most part is just so sweet. She cracks Clint and I up. We went to dinner with Clint's folks the other night and because she ate all of her food, she got a few bites of Outback's Chocolate Thunder From Down Under dessert. Yum. She loved every bite of it. On the way home, Clint asked her if she loved her brownie and ice-cream. To which she replied, "Um dad. I love Sleeping Beauty right now." She was watching this on the way home. Clint asked her if she wanted him to leave her alone so she could hear her movie and she said, "yes please". I realize this doesn't sound super funny, but at the time we about died laughing. The way she processes and thinks about things is amazing to me.
Both my mom and dad had birthday's last month, so we had a little dinner to celebrate. I am LOVING having them live out here.

And I might complain more here. I have been really depressed lately with my weight gain with this pregnancy. I have a solid three months left and can really tell in my arms and legs that the weight is not just sticking to my belly this time around. I realize that happens, yadda yadda yadda. But I hate it. I hate looking in the mirror and being totally disgusted by what I see. And I'm annoyed at the gym lately. I think I'm in a rut and just need to change things up, but I'm not sure how. I really want to do something outdoors but it's too hot, and I ran for the last time on Saturday. About two miles in, I was hurting so bad I had to walk the rest of the way. I do something different every day at the gym and know what I'm doing, but am just BORED. Sick of the smell, sick of the machines, sick of getting super sweaty and then going to work and being sweaty and stinky all day until I get home. Woe is me, I know. I told Clint I need happy pills with this pregnancy, and he swears I've said that with each pregnancy and I just don't remember. But really, I am not a nice person when I'm pregnant. I'm tired and feel lazy and fat and am super grumpy. So I'll be happy when I'm back to my old self. :)















7 comments:
I think you look great. I wish I looked that small with any of my girls.
You are so funny. You look wonderful. Your girls are cute as always. I'm so glad you have your parents and family so close to you now. It's the best!
you still look amazing so dont worry. i know hearing that only makes you want to punch someone though. sorry. glad im not prego anymore. also, i died laughing when you kept calling the pack and play Charlottes "cage". hahah.
Is it weird that I love to look in people's pantries to see what kind of groceries they buy? I see you like costco. Me too. It looks great and makes me want to organize mine! You look great too! Can't wait to see the girls' room!
Wow, you have been super busy preparing for your little one. I haven't done 1 thing & don't really plan on it. I'm horrible. You look great! I can't believe you are still working out. As soon as I found out I was pregnant, it all stopped. Not that I was very diligent about it before. But I could barely run 2 miles then, much less even entertain the thought now!
Whatever. You're not even fat. You look really good.
You're crazy. you look great. And your girls are soooo funny. i love to read the funny things they say. and....my kids are back in school! YAY! Lets do lunch soon!!!
Post a Comment