This week has been good. Not too many horrible mood swings from mom, so happy family. :) I got in the bow making mood again (for the first time in at least a year.) and made a few bows for the new gal. She will be living in hand-me-downs, so I figure the least I can do is make a few bows just for her. I made some for the big girls too and Sage is in love with every single PINK one I made. She was quite the willing bow model:
We had mac and cheese about 17 times this week. No lie. I love mac and cheese all the time, but when I'm pregnant, I really love it. As in the first 20 weeks of this pregnancy, I would eat it, throw it up immediately after, and then want more. Gross, I know. I can't help it. The girls love it too and we now have to make two boxes for the three of us because we all want two bowl-fulls. Very healthy lunch. The girls live for helping me bake/cook. It gets annoying, but you can't really say no to faces like these:
They were both invited to a Princess themed birthday party for a friend who lives down the street from us. Here's how it went:
Party is at three. Wake both up from naps. Charlotte screams. Sage throws a fit because her princess costume has a tear in it. Charlotte wants to wear blue princess skirt and high heels, but no shirt. So revert back to regular clothes, plus blue high heels. We walk up the street, because--it's only about 4 houses down. BIG MISTAKE. It took about 15 full minutes to get there because they both (esp C) have major issues walking in high heels but refuse help. So they fall, burn their feet on the scorching hot ground, want their big fat pregnant mom to bend over fifteen thousand times to put heels back on, then repeat that. It was awful. I was a sweating mess when we finally made it to the party. Enter party. C screams. Sage refuses to let go of my leg. They don't participate in any of the games and Charly is only happy when given a cupcake which she then devours in the least messy way possible. ha. It went like that for the whole party until Charly found the toy room upstairs and proceeded to destroy poor Anna's home. Charly poops. BAD. So we head home. I tuck sippy cups, party bags, and heels into my pockets, tuck one girl under each arm and make a mad dash for home with them screaming because they want down. We made it home and I stripped naked and sat on the cold tile floor under our fan for a while. It was a real pretty sight to behold, I'm sure.
The heat hasn't bothered me too much this summer until this past week. It is stifling. It makes me cranky. I sweat and feel claustrophobic in all my layers and just get angry. I spend most of my time at home wearing just my undies with the A/C cranking way too low for our budget but I just don't care. I'm very ready for some cooler temps.
I've got Sage all enrolled in Joy School, which she starts next week. We are both excited, but I'm a little nervous for her. It's at a different house each week and in case you don't know Sage, she is all about routine. I'm worried having to be left at a different place each week is going to be hard for her. (and the poor teacher of the week.) I'm also worried that I will have to miss working out twice a week since I doubt Charly will do well going to the kid's club by herself. We will try though.
Clint is doing great and is finally getting his driving privileges back on Tuesday. Halefreakinglujah. Myself and his poor co-workers are getting sick of taking him to/from work and PT. He is pretty excited, too. At his appointment last week we were told he has to continue on his crutches for at least another month until his next check up. We were both a little sad to hear that. He's ready to go and I am at my wits end. I think single mothers and mothers who have husbands who travel a lot are my hero's. It's been almost 10 weeks since his accident and I am kind of getting to that, "OK. Get up and help here before I scream my head off" stage where I am a little resentful. I know. Pathetic. I should be grateful he's ok, yadda yadda yadda. But that's 10 weeks of zero help. Night times are the worst because I'm exhausted and just want to sit and relax. I'll be so glad when he can change a diaper, brush their teeth, get them dressed, put them to bed, help pick up toys, ANYTHING. Maybe it's just today because I'm so pooped. We had stake conference where I worked for two hours on a hard chair to keep them entertained and quiet, then took them visiting teaching with me where they fought with each other and were for some reason not well behaved at all (which is so not like them). We were only gone for an hour but I swear it felt like all day. Again, I was a sweaty pig by the time we got home. The loading and unloading of an almost two and three year old in and out of car-seats in 120 degree weather was enough by itself to make me start swearing like a sailor. Then we had Temple recommend interviews. They refused to wait with Clint and instead insisted on following me into both interviews where they again fought with each other and made me sweat more. Then finally home for dinner and the whole bed time routine. Clint was hobbling up the stairs as we three worked our way down the stairs to clean up toys when I made a comment to the girls about being sick of picking up after them today. Clint made one of those, "oh, but we love you girls so much" comments that made me glare at him and snap, "ya well you're not the one who has been running around all day taking care of them. You haven't had to do a dang thing!". Rude, yes. But it's the truth! I have been running like a mad woman all day keeping things under control while he has gotten to sit in his nice recliner and relax. Not fair. I know, not fair that I have two working legs, but still. And I know I whine on here a lot, but I don't really care about that this very second. I'll appreciate reading this next year when I'm done being pregnant and full of raging hormones. At least I think I will.
I've been telling Clint that three might be our lucky number. I really really don't like how I behave when I'm pregnant. I am so irritable and crabby. I think most of that has to do with the fact that I only sleep an hour or two each night, but that's just how it is. I took an Ambien last night and slept so wonderfully, but I hate doping myself up like that and try to only take one a week. I think if this baby were a boy, I'd for sure be done. We both really want a boy though, so maybe---and that's a BIG maybe--we'll try for one more. I don't know though. I always wanted a huge family and thought I'd have around 6 kids, but these days I think that's just crazy. Some people are cut out for that, but I don't think I am. I'm too much of a control freak and having to relinquish control with kids is hard for me. Worth it, but hard. I guess time will tell and we will just have to see how crazy I go with this next one. ;)
We had mac and cheese about 17 times this week. No lie. I love mac and cheese all the time, but when I'm pregnant, I really love it. As in the first 20 weeks of this pregnancy, I would eat it, throw it up immediately after, and then want more. Gross, I know. I can't help it. The girls love it too and we now have to make two boxes for the three of us because we all want two bowl-fulls. Very healthy lunch. The girls live for helping me bake/cook. It gets annoying, but you can't really say no to faces like these:
They were both invited to a Princess themed birthday party for a friend who lives down the street from us. Here's how it went:
Party is at three. Wake both up from naps. Charlotte screams. Sage throws a fit because her princess costume has a tear in it. Charlotte wants to wear blue princess skirt and high heels, but no shirt. So revert back to regular clothes, plus blue high heels. We walk up the street, because--it's only about 4 houses down. BIG MISTAKE. It took about 15 full minutes to get there because they both (esp C) have major issues walking in high heels but refuse help. So they fall, burn their feet on the scorching hot ground, want their big fat pregnant mom to bend over fifteen thousand times to put heels back on, then repeat that. It was awful. I was a sweating mess when we finally made it to the party. Enter party. C screams. Sage refuses to let go of my leg. They don't participate in any of the games and Charly is only happy when given a cupcake which she then devours in the least messy way possible. ha. It went like that for the whole party until Charly found the toy room upstairs and proceeded to destroy poor Anna's home. Charly poops. BAD. So we head home. I tuck sippy cups, party bags, and heels into my pockets, tuck one girl under each arm and make a mad dash for home with them screaming because they want down. We made it home and I stripped naked and sat on the cold tile floor under our fan for a while. It was a real pretty sight to behold, I'm sure.
The heat hasn't bothered me too much this summer until this past week. It is stifling. It makes me cranky. I sweat and feel claustrophobic in all my layers and just get angry. I spend most of my time at home wearing just my undies with the A/C cranking way too low for our budget but I just don't care. I'm very ready for some cooler temps.
I've got Sage all enrolled in Joy School, which she starts next week. We are both excited, but I'm a little nervous for her. It's at a different house each week and in case you don't know Sage, she is all about routine. I'm worried having to be left at a different place each week is going to be hard for her. (and the poor teacher of the week.) I'm also worried that I will have to miss working out twice a week since I doubt Charly will do well going to the kid's club by herself. We will try though.
Clint is doing great and is finally getting his driving privileges back on Tuesday. Halefreakinglujah. Myself and his poor co-workers are getting sick of taking him to/from work and PT. He is pretty excited, too. At his appointment last week we were told he has to continue on his crutches for at least another month until his next check up. We were both a little sad to hear that. He's ready to go and I am at my wits end. I think single mothers and mothers who have husbands who travel a lot are my hero's. It's been almost 10 weeks since his accident and I am kind of getting to that, "OK. Get up and help here before I scream my head off" stage where I am a little resentful. I know. Pathetic. I should be grateful he's ok, yadda yadda yadda. But that's 10 weeks of zero help. Night times are the worst because I'm exhausted and just want to sit and relax. I'll be so glad when he can change a diaper, brush their teeth, get them dressed, put them to bed, help pick up toys, ANYTHING. Maybe it's just today because I'm so pooped. We had stake conference where I worked for two hours on a hard chair to keep them entertained and quiet, then took them visiting teaching with me where they fought with each other and were for some reason not well behaved at all (which is so not like them). We were only gone for an hour but I swear it felt like all day. Again, I was a sweaty pig by the time we got home. The loading and unloading of an almost two and three year old in and out of car-seats in 120 degree weather was enough by itself to make me start swearing like a sailor. Then we had Temple recommend interviews. They refused to wait with Clint and instead insisted on following me into both interviews where they again fought with each other and made me sweat more. Then finally home for dinner and the whole bed time routine. Clint was hobbling up the stairs as we three worked our way down the stairs to clean up toys when I made a comment to the girls about being sick of picking up after them today. Clint made one of those, "oh, but we love you girls so much" comments that made me glare at him and snap, "ya well you're not the one who has been running around all day taking care of them. You haven't had to do a dang thing!". Rude, yes. But it's the truth! I have been running like a mad woman all day keeping things under control while he has gotten to sit in his nice recliner and relax. Not fair. I know, not fair that I have two working legs, but still. And I know I whine on here a lot, but I don't really care about that this very second. I'll appreciate reading this next year when I'm done being pregnant and full of raging hormones. At least I think I will.
I've been telling Clint that three might be our lucky number. I really really don't like how I behave when I'm pregnant. I am so irritable and crabby. I think most of that has to do with the fact that I only sleep an hour or two each night, but that's just how it is. I took an Ambien last night and slept so wonderfully, but I hate doping myself up like that and try to only take one a week. I think if this baby were a boy, I'd for sure be done. We both really want a boy though, so maybe---and that's a BIG maybe--we'll try for one more. I don't know though. I always wanted a huge family and thought I'd have around 6 kids, but these days I think that's just crazy. Some people are cut out for that, but I don't think I am. I'm too much of a control freak and having to relinquish control with kids is hard for me. Worth it, but hard. I guess time will tell and we will just have to see how crazy I go with this next one. ;)















8 comments:
Omigosh, I was SO laughing out loud! I'm sorry you've been so miserable though. :( It is hard to be pregnant. We're glad you could make the party even though it was probably more work than what it was worth! Your girls are so sweet and so are you! PS-I'd be totally grumpy too if I were pregnant in this weather with an out of commission hubby!!
I love your bows! They look so good. And I feel ya on the heat. I finally got 2 pairs of maternity shorts & they look terrible on me. One pair is slightly too short & my garments hang out the back, but I don't care. I'm still wearing them. Yea for Clint being able to drive! Tell him no cell phone talking, or at least get the hands free thing.
Oh, this post cracks me up!! Just know you are not alone!! I feel like with these crazy hormones everything is magnified by a thousand and I get SO stressed and pissed about the dumbest stuff. It doesn't help that Kelly is going thru a REALLY whiny phase!
That's fun that Sage is starting school! We are waiting till next year so Kelly will only have a year of pre-school before kinder. You'll have to tell me how she does bc she and Kelly seem so much alike! Oh, and I was given some good advice...never decided how many kids you want when you are pregnant!! I am thinking we will stop at 4, if I can make it thru!! Good luck to you and hopefully it cools down soon!!!
You are so creative. The bows are great. Don't worry about getting irritated with him. I have no crazynhormones anymore, and I made practically the same statement to Patrick yesterday.
Your blog always makes me laugh so hard. I have been feeling the heat this week too. The other night we were driving home from a swim party, which = being outside sweating on every inch of m skin. I actually pulled my top down and blasted 3 AC vents on me to cool me off. Thank goodness it was dark outside:) the lengths we go to to stay cool. Yay for Clint being able to have some freedom AnD most importantly help for you:) high five to you for lasting this long! 3 is for sure our lucky number....I don't want to chance having 3 boys!! I would not survive. Lol
You crack me up! Much needed girls night out in less than 48 hours! woo hoo. And I remember right after the accident you saying "I love Clint so much and I don't care how crazy he used to make me, I'm going to appreciate him every day!" Bahahaha! I've tried that one before. It gets old fast. That is why we love our husbands so much though. no one on earth can make us that crazy! that says something!
I've been craving macaroni and cheese like mad this week. I have been making it for lunch and disposing of the evidence before Dallan gets home from work (I don't know why I eat it in secret, it's not like he cares).
-Camberley
I shouldn't laugh - but I can so relate to all of these thoughts! Hope things are going better! :)
Post a Comment