Nick left on his mission last Tuesday and I'm the lucky one who got his phone. Mine was on the fritz and I'd been trying to come up with the cash to buy his off him, but it just wasn't happening. He had a buyer for it--someone willing to pay $400 for it, if you can believe that nonsense. At the last second he told the guy never mind and gave it to me the day he left. Whoa. I was/am so so excited! So the girls and I have had fun breaking it in and playing with the camera on it. Our results are not the greatest but still fun to look at.



And we rode horses at my folks the other night when it wasn't 180 degrees outside. I've decided Sage needs a cowgirl hat and boots for Christmas. She LOVES horses.

As the girls and I took pics of ourselves, we sent a few to Clint. He sent this one back to the girls and ended up getting in trouble with me because I could tell that he was in a drive thru. I was pretty peeved because it was dinner time and he should NOT be stopping for food when I'm making dinner. Not smooth, Clint.
And I was stung by a scorpion for the first time today. YUCK. Those things are so nasty looking and seriously give me the heebie-jeebies. I have found one in my laundry room, one in my bathroom, several in my kitchen, and now one ON MY CARPET IN MY FAMILY ROOM. I have never really worried about having them on my carpet because they don't travel well on carpet, but apparently that doesn't matter. So now I'll be watching every step I take. I was in there today putting the girls' toys away and one of them was just under the couch. When I swept my hand under the couch to check for toys it totally stung me. I fa-reaked out. Killed that thing dead and vacuumed under the couch to make sure there weren't any more lurking under there. It got me on the thumb and my entire hand went numb, but now it's just my thumb that I can't feel. It hurt, but it wasn't torture or anything. I'm almost glad I got bit so now I can quit worrying about it and wondering how bad my body will react to it. Some people have way worse reactions than just numbness, so I'm glad that was the extent for me. And I'm SO glad it was me and not my gals. They had been playing with their toys all morning and it could have easily stung one of them, which I'm sure would have been a lot worse. Time to get sticky traps again and bring out the black light every night again. I'm SO ready for cooler weather so these things will leave us alone!!!
And we rode horses at my folks the other night when it wasn't 180 degrees outside. I've decided Sage needs a cowgirl hat and boots for Christmas. She LOVES horses.
As the girls and I took pics of ourselves, we sent a few to Clint. He sent this one back to the girls and ended up getting in trouble with me because I could tell that he was in a drive thru. I was pretty peeved because it was dinner time and he should NOT be stopping for food when I'm making dinner. Not smooth, Clint.
And I was stung by a scorpion for the first time today. YUCK. Those things are so nasty looking and seriously give me the heebie-jeebies. I have found one in my laundry room, one in my bathroom, several in my kitchen, and now one ON MY CARPET IN MY FAMILY ROOM. I have never really worried about having them on my carpet because they don't travel well on carpet, but apparently that doesn't matter. So now I'll be watching every step I take. I was in there today putting the girls' toys away and one of them was just under the couch. When I swept my hand under the couch to check for toys it totally stung me. I fa-reaked out. Killed that thing dead and vacuumed under the couch to make sure there weren't any more lurking under there. It got me on the thumb and my entire hand went numb, but now it's just my thumb that I can't feel. It hurt, but it wasn't torture or anything. I'm almost glad I got bit so now I can quit worrying about it and wondering how bad my body will react to it. Some people have way worse reactions than just numbness, so I'm glad that was the extent for me. And I'm SO glad it was me and not my gals. They had been playing with their toys all morning and it could have easily stung one of them, which I'm sure would have been a lot worse. Time to get sticky traps again and bring out the black light every night again. I'm SO ready for cooler weather so these things will leave us alone!!!















5 comments:
What a sweet thing for him to do.
Awww! Love reading about the family. BTW-found my first scorpion, and am now freaked out too. Bought some spray, but still paranoid!!
Yikes! A scorpion bite!? I have still never even seen a scorpion, even in my 10 years living in Az...and I hope I never do!
We have had so many scorpions lately too. I have probably seen a total of 5 in our house the whole time we've lived here and just this last week I have seen and killed 4!!! I hate them! I wonder if all the construction by our house is kicking them up more or something.
Yikes! Can you spray for scorpions?
Post a Comment