Saturday, September 3, 2011

Sage's prayer

I have to record Sage's prayer from tonight before I forget it.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for this day. Thank you for our families. Help daddy to choose the right. Help Charlotte to choose the right. Help mommy to choose the right. Help Sage to choose the right. Help Ariel to choose the right on my jammies. Help Cinderella to sleep good on Charlotte's jammies. And Ariel too. And Sleeping Beauty next to Cinderella on Charlotte's jammies. Help Sagey to have happy dreams and not bad dreams. Help us to be good. And name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Clint and I were dying. He was trying to kneel down, which is painful for him, so her long-winded (for her) prayer was killing him. I was totally uncomfortable kneeling down with C on my lap and ended up off my knees because they were hurting so bad. But it was well worth it. We have been talking to Sage about trying to really think about what she is saying when it's her turn to say prayers. She had gotten in the habit of saying the exact same prayer every time. It was so wonderful to hear her thinking about all of these things. I totally peek at her when she prays and I love it because she points to the things/people she is praying about. Like when she was talking about Ariel, she pointed to her jammies. So sweet. The other day she had her pig and cow that she sleeps with lined up next to her and prayed for them as she touched each one with her eyes peeking open. I love it.