Clint is doing well. Slowly but surely. He is feeling much much better but has had a few setbacks and is still kickin it in the hospital. My days are all jumbled together so I'm not sure if it was Sunday or Monday but after an X-ray followed by another CT they found two abscesses (obstruction in the bowels/intestines) in his abdomen that had to be removed. This required happy gas and drugs to help with the pain, but he says the drugs didn't take and he felt everything. One was too hard to reach going through the stomach so they had to resort to his butt cheek. :) Basically they insert a needle, wire a tube through the needle, pull the needle out and leave the wire in. The smaller abscess did not require a leave in drain--they were able to suck it all out with the needle, but his pretty rear drain is still in. Stitched on and taped up so it's not in the way too terribly much. It gets drained a few times a day and will hopefully come out soon. They have possibly found another abscess according to new X-rays and he had another CT tonight so we will find out in the morning what the verdict is. His pancreas levels are high right now--not sure why or what causes it--so they are watching that. But hopefully we get great news tomorrow and he will get to come home. He's ready but also realizes that if he comes home too soon he could get sick and end up right back there again, so he has resigned himself to being there till he's all healed. They moved his diet up to all liquids instead of just clear liquids but he is still getting most of his nutrients through the Picc line. He's been in the hospital for 11 days now (as of Thursday) and has had nothing but liquids since he was admitted. He is starting to get anxious about work. Missing two straight weeks and possibly more is not good for anyone. I tell him not to worry but if you know me you know I'm a worry-wart in the extreme. :)
His nurses are fabulous. The patient liaison in particular is unreal. She checks on us constantly, brings treats to the girls when they visit and is quite possibly the sweetest lady I've ever met. We both love her. Oh and she's super good looking. Eyes off, Clint.
I've stopped spending all day with him. I've had a hard time knowing where to spend my time---with him, with the girls, at work? I feel guilty pretty much no matter where I am because I feel like I'm neglecting someone or something. I know Clint is fine if I'm not there and I know the girls are fine with family and friends, but I still feel just off not knowing who needs me more. And although I kind of neglected work last week I have had to up my hours this week to make up for lost time and catch up. I'm just glad there is work again!!!
I feel like the timing of everything this year has been amazing. Everyone is going to have their trials and while ours have been annoying, they've been manageable and have happened at a time where we've been able to make it work. Like with Clint's car accident, my job slowed down big time. But I needed that to happen so I could be more available to take care of him. And things would be more difficult with a newborn, so I'm very grateful things are happening now instead of next month! NEXT MONTH! (well, next month plus a week.) I feel like Heavenly Father has really helped us get through things this year without getting to overwhelmed. Our trials are so so tiny compared to a lot of people--I'm sure they aren't even trials to most-- but I'm grateful for the things we are learning. Don't get me wrong, I've had my moments where I call my mom and cry. But most of that is from just being tired. Me and my friend Ambien are becoming BFF's.
I have felt very at peace the past few months. Like no matter what happens, we are so well taken care of by family and friends that we will always have what we need. Whether that be a place to live, meals, employment, BABYSITTERS!!, or whatever. We are so blessed to be where we are. Clint and I have had many conversations lately about family's who for one reason or another have to live at hospitals. Children especially. How hard that would be for not only the person staying there but for their family as well. It really is amazing how little trials can make you so much more empathetic towards others and what they are going through. Maybe that's one of the lessons we were supposed to learn over the past few months. That we are here to serve others and lift each other up. So many people have given service to us and helped us that we are both overwhelmed. I get choked up so easily lately by the simplest things people say and offer to do.
Didn't plan on making this a journal session, but there ya go.
In other news.....
Sage hasn't pooped in three? days. Gr.
Charlotte has been UNBELIEVABLY fantastic the past few weeks.
Sage is still loving school. She thinks it is called pink and purple school.
Charlotte has been eating me out of house and home lately.
Sage has had a bit of a hard time listening to me lately. And we may or may not have had a few snarly arguments. (yes, I know she's only three.)
Charlotte is totally into hiding from me lately. Most often it's in Sage's bed under the covers or in the bathroom curtain. So cute. She giggles like it's the funniest thing ever. And it kind of is.
Baby gal is kickin like crazy. She doesn't stop moving all day long. She likes to live on my right side in my ribs. She is going to be small like her sisters. I gained 0.8 ounces this month which makes me glad she's a little thing. She makes me sleepy and distracts me all the time by kicking and/or tickling me. We can't wait to meet her!
The girls have seen a Clint a few times lately:



His nurses are fabulous. The patient liaison in particular is unreal. She checks on us constantly, brings treats to the girls when they visit and is quite possibly the sweetest lady I've ever met. We both love her. Oh and she's super good looking. Eyes off, Clint.
I've stopped spending all day with him. I've had a hard time knowing where to spend my time---with him, with the girls, at work? I feel guilty pretty much no matter where I am because I feel like I'm neglecting someone or something. I know Clint is fine if I'm not there and I know the girls are fine with family and friends, but I still feel just off not knowing who needs me more. And although I kind of neglected work last week I have had to up my hours this week to make up for lost time and catch up. I'm just glad there is work again!!!
I feel like the timing of everything this year has been amazing. Everyone is going to have their trials and while ours have been annoying, they've been manageable and have happened at a time where we've been able to make it work. Like with Clint's car accident, my job slowed down big time. But I needed that to happen so I could be more available to take care of him. And things would be more difficult with a newborn, so I'm very grateful things are happening now instead of next month! NEXT MONTH! (well, next month plus a week.) I feel like Heavenly Father has really helped us get through things this year without getting to overwhelmed. Our trials are so so tiny compared to a lot of people--I'm sure they aren't even trials to most-- but I'm grateful for the things we are learning. Don't get me wrong, I've had my moments where I call my mom and cry. But most of that is from just being tired. Me and my friend Ambien are becoming BFF's.
I have felt very at peace the past few months. Like no matter what happens, we are so well taken care of by family and friends that we will always have what we need. Whether that be a place to live, meals, employment, BABYSITTERS!!, or whatever. We are so blessed to be where we are. Clint and I have had many conversations lately about family's who for one reason or another have to live at hospitals. Children especially. How hard that would be for not only the person staying there but for their family as well. It really is amazing how little trials can make you so much more empathetic towards others and what they are going through. Maybe that's one of the lessons we were supposed to learn over the past few months. That we are here to serve others and lift each other up. So many people have given service to us and helped us that we are both overwhelmed. I get choked up so easily lately by the simplest things people say and offer to do.
Didn't plan on making this a journal session, but there ya go.
In other news.....
Sage hasn't pooped in three? days. Gr.
Charlotte has been UNBELIEVABLY fantastic the past few weeks.
Sage is still loving school. She thinks it is called pink and purple school.
Charlotte has been eating me out of house and home lately.
Sage has had a bit of a hard time listening to me lately. And we may or may not have had a few snarly arguments. (yes, I know she's only three.)
Charlotte is totally into hiding from me lately. Most often it's in Sage's bed under the covers or in the bathroom curtain. So cute. She giggles like it's the funniest thing ever. And it kind of is.
Baby gal is kickin like crazy. She doesn't stop moving all day long. She likes to live on my right side in my ribs. She is going to be small like her sisters. I gained 0.8 ounces this month which makes me glad she's a little thing. She makes me sleepy and distracts me all the time by kicking and/or tickling me. We can't wait to meet her!
The girls have seen a Clint a few times lately:















7 comments:
Hopefully he'll be able to come home soon! Maybe you can divide your time up by days. Like Mondays, you'll spend time at the hospital, Tuesdays with the girls, Wednesdays at work (I don't know how flexible your work schedule is). Or maybe you won't have to worry about it if he gets out soon. Ya let's go for that!
Oh my gosh! I am so sorry this happened. This was Doug in May but nothing this bad. Luckily they got it out shortly after his ruptured. I am sorry you are going through all of this. Please let us help you if you need anything.
I'm so sorry your sweet family is going through this. I do hope he gets better soon and you can have him home. Please let ne know if I can do anything for you.
Hope he gets home soon and hope you can get some much needed rest!
glad to hear that things are moving along and clint should be getting to go home soon! we have been praying for you and your family and will keep doing so. And I am so glad that you guys have been getting so much help and service! I wish so badly that I lived there so I could help out too. Hope things keep getting better for you guys and you are all home together as a family soon! love ya and miss ya! xoxo
Thanks for taking the time to post updates! I am so inspired and impressed by your awesome attitude- REALLY. I hope that I would have your perspective if I were in your shoes. Please let me know how I can help. I know it's weird to call me up and ask for something, but please do! I don't want to bug you by calling you at the wrong time, so just let me know what I can do for you.
Please let me know if I can do anything. Sadie would love to have your girls come over and play. Also, I love your attitude of gratitude! You're one tough woman. Get well soon, Clint!
Post a Comment