Yesterday I ran in my first post-baby race, and it was so fun! It was out at Coon Bluff by the Salt River, and took us about three hours. This was my first time being the navigator, so I was nervous about using my compass, but Kristina was right....it's fool proof! The first few checkpoints we had to find took us a long time, because we thought the compass was wrong and were just second guessing ourselves. But once we figured out that the compass was really right on, we did fine. We had to hit three checkpoints on foot, do several mystery events, then find another seven checkpoints. The last stretch was floating down the Salt River in an inner tube, which sounds fun (and it was), but was dang hard. If you float on your stomach, your legs hit the rocks like crazy when you kick. I went down on my butt, using an oar to paddle, but my partner couldn't find her balance that way so she went on her stomach and I had to carry her oar, which made it harder to paddle. So, we got passed up by several teams right at the end which really sucks but it was so fun. Clint is going to do the next one w/ me in August, and I can't wait. The next one involves mountain biking and I haven't braved the bike yet since having Sage. Guess I'd better start practicing! Kristina and Judd are going to do that one too, so that will be fun!
Before the race...
After the race...
Clint is so sweet and came out with Sage to watch us finish. She loves being outside! She was looking all around and not making a peep.















10 comments:
okay, you look so good in your bathing suit that its disgusting!! I'm not ready to brave the bike yet either. we should go practice one morning!
You're so lucky to have all these cool races! And Sage is getting so big!
That sounds like such a fun race! :) And you look awesome! There is a race I really want to do Aug. 31st but it is in LA...and it also happens to be Labor Day weekend! We should go there and make a whole weekend out of it and then run in the race there. Wouldn't that be fun!? :)
congrats!! you are so awesome!! i wish i could do as much as you!!! keep it up!
So, can you move back to Texas and kick my butt back into shape??? I never looked that great after my babies!!!! I'm super jealous!
nice marianne!
Way to go, girlfriend! I definitely need you to get me back into shape after #3. You're nuts! I WANT to WANT to run...but to me, it just sounds like too much work ;-).
Marianne- you are my hero. I walked 20 minutes on the treadmill today and I feel like I am set for the week. I guess not so much. And you have freakin guns! I may need you to beat someone up for me. Hee hee. Sage is a little doll, I see her in the pic covering her ears. So CUTE!!
That looks like so much fun, I am jealous. And you look amazing!
Hey Lady! It is totally okay if you check in on my blog anytime you want to, because I already checked yours out because I saw your link on Kristina's blog too. Hope you don't mind, but I wanted to see your little one and see what you guys are up to!
Also, I read one of your blogs about a girl you were training, do you charge? Do you do long distance training, as in I am moving to Michigan and would you train through correspondence? I need to get rid of my baby tummy and some pre-pregnancy weight that I really need to get off! If you want, email me back so we don't have to keep talking through blog comments! (bekahshakespear@yahoo.com) Talk to ya later!
P.S. You look fantastic! You don't even look like you had a baby, I am so jealous!
Post a Comment