Thursday, July 10, 2008

Flagstaff for the Fourth

Clint has been dying to get away from the heat, so Friday morning we packed our tent and sleeping bags and headed out to Flagstaff. This is what we drove into, so our fun, cheap camping trip quickly turned into an expensive hotel getaway. Ok by me. We ended up getting one of the absolute last rooms in the entire town, which was wheel-chair assessable and right next to the breakfast area, so constant noise. I shouldn't complain though, Sage was a trooper and slept like a log. For the most part, anyways. So once we got all settled in the room, Sage and I took a nice nap while Clint went mountain biking. Is this a sign of how it's going to be? me w/ the kids while he plays? Probably. Once he got back, we went downtown and just wandered around. The weather was phenomenal. We didn't stay up for the fireworks, but downtown Flag was fun and we got to make fun of a lot of hippies, so all-in-all, a great fourth.Sage's first hotel stay! What a bald-e!As cheesy as it sounds, I loved packing her clothes for this trip! She has some really cute winter clothes (don't know why....) and she finally got to wear them! I have so much fun playing dress up w/ her.Here we are taking one of those awful shots where your arm is stretched to the max and you come out looking all distorted. We took like thirty but Sage was looking at me in every one. I love it.

OK this is funny. My back has been giving me fits, so Clint got to wear the baby carrier all weekend, and for some reason Sage wanted to lean back and to the right, the ENTIRE time. No matter what we did, she would not turn her head or look around. It was so funny! This one is of Clint mimicking her. What a dork.
This was her, the whole time! Maybe she was looking at the clouds? Or was it because daddy smells funny?
Saturday morning we headed to Buffalo park to run and ride bikes. Clint likes to pose.
We took turns playing on the toys. I tried these, but well my stomach is still pretty much shredded up so when I tried to use my abs I about died. So sad.My sweet little familyThe best picture....on the drive home. Yes, she is in the front seat with me but it was only for a second. Promise. Could she be any cuter? (S. Naylor, who am I?? ha ha)
Love my little princess.


8 comments:

Kristina Rich said...

you guys take such cute pictures. What a fun trip. Sage is so dang cute!

themacdonnells said...

Man, she is getting so big! Sage is absolutely beautiful! You guys look so happy!

Regina said...

Glad ya'll had a good time! I love seeing pics of Sage, she is too cute!!

Chelsea said...

what a fun weekend!! love the pictures she is so cute!!!

Tiffany said...

Sage looks adorable! I am so happy I FINALLY got to meet her! Looks like you guys had a fun weekend! :) I love that picture of all 3 of you guys where Sage is staring at you! So cute! :)

Jalei & Lane said...

Sage is so cute! You could really see her personality in them :) Flagstaff sounds like fun. How far away is it?

Katherine Young said...

FUN! we will have to do this stuff with yall when we move out there. its not for sure yet, but bj says we will make a choice on the 15th...woo hoo.

Chelsie said...

She looks so much bigger since I saw Sage last. She is so adorable. I am very impressed with you and your fitness events. You go! Yes we do need to go swimming soon. Call me when you get back. K! Have fun.