Thursday, July 3, 2008

Miscellaneous!

CAUGHT RED HANDED
Nothing too special here, but I thought this was hilarious. I wend downstairs to see what Clint was doing and found him hunched over the kitchen counter eating watermelon. Like a two year old. There was juice everywhere, and when I walked in he had that 'hand caught in a cookie jar' look on his face. It was too cute. TOOT TOOT
(that was me tooting my own horn.)
So I have to brag here. I have been training a gal now for about two months. We took before pics and measurements at the start, and I did again today so we can track our progress, and she has lost serious inches! Everywhere! Bust, bicep, waist, butt...everywhere! We were both very happy. It makes the early mornings worth it to see progress like that! (If only it were me that were losing the inches!)
MEAT MONSTERS
Several of you have already heard this story, but I have to share. Probably one of the scarier moments in my life happened yesterday. Sage and I had been out running errands. I came home and opened my garage door, pulled in, and hopped out. In my garage were two scary looking dudes. One had long scraggly hair, covered in tattoos, the other was a Hispanic w/ several tats of his own. It's like they were waiting for me, because their truck was not at my house when I pulled up, and they somehow walked in without me seeing them. I screamed, caught off guard, and they asked if I wanted to buy meat from them. I said heck no, but apparently they thought I said yes, because they walked into my house! Holy crap! I did all the wrong things in this situation, because I should've gotten right back in my car and left. But no, being the idiot that I am, I picked up Sage and followed them in. I kept my keys and phone in my hand in case I needed to make a run for it, cause that's what was going through my head. So the guy w/ the long hair walks into my family room and starts looking around, like he was casing the place out or something. Then he pulls out a knife and gives me this strange look, then uses the knife to open a box of meat. I thought for sure he was going to open the box and pull out a gun or something, but thank heavens it was just meat. So they proceed to tell me that I AM going to buy from them, because they are on food stamps and need gas money. I tell them that I have no cash, don't keep cash on my house anywhere, that I don't want any meat, and that my husband is on his way home. Because they didn't seem to be listening to me, or leaving, I called Clint. Thank heavens he was like two minutes away, which was strange in itself, because this was around two o'clock in the afternoon and he very rarely gets home that early. Anyway, he sped home and kicked them out just by showing up. He can look scary when he wants to. Everything ended up ok, but I was seriously scared out of my mind. I was ready to take Sage and high-tail it out of there! Needless to say, I have had nightmares about it. When I got up to feed Sage last night I had to turn the lights on b/c I was so scared. I am a pansy for sure now. Anyway, I've learned my lesson. I am done answering doors for solicitors, and will be being much more cautious now!

15 comments:

Katherine Young said...

OH MY GOSH MARIANNE!!!! that is seriously terrifying! i cannot imagine! you did so good, i would of peed my pants.

Kristina Rich said...

holy crap! That scared me just reading it. Next time please run away!! Ps good job training your lady. I want you to train me, seriously. When can you fit me in?
oh clint...those glasses...I forgot you guys were blind. that's funny.

Chelsea said...

oh my word, how scary! i dont know what i would have done either. im glad nothing bad happened!

Monson Family said...

That is totally freaky!!!! That would scared me to death!!! That is awesome that Clint was right there. If those guys were innocentlyselling meat then they need to learn new tactics. That is freaking scary!!!!!!!
I wish you could train me! I'm a wuss.

Regina said...

Ok, I REALLY think you are lucky because it sounds like they had other intentions. I would have called the police STAT, my husband has made me paranoid, but it's better than something bad happening.

Tiffany said...

WOw, Marianne! That is SCARY!!! I am so glad nothing happened and that you guys are ok! I would be majorly paranoid after that too! When we had our house broken into I swear I would check every closet and behind every shower curtain everytime I got home cuz I was sure someone was in there waiting for me...SCARY!

Debbie said...

Marianne that is the scariest story I have heard happening to someone that I know! SERIOUSLY! I am so scared for you and how terrified you must have been! I am SO glad that Clint just happened to be close by and could come save you!

Jalei & Lane said...

Holy Crap! I was so scared as I read your story! I had my face in my hands the whole time! I have no doubt that you were being watched over. Never again do you get out of your car with out closing the garage door 1st!

Becky Rogers said...

I would be so scared too. Isn't it funny how you think of "what you should have done" later on. Good thing for Clint coming home so soon. I love the picture of Clint...I like watermelon too!

Amber Larsen said...

Clint. He's so funny! Ya, I'm glad you're alive; what the heck?

The Vanny Bunch said...

Marianne that is so scary! I would probably call the police still (not 911 but the local office) and tell them what happened, just so they can keep an eye out. I probably would have done the same thing though. Brandt was just lecturing me about opening the door when I 1. don't know who it is and 2. can not see out the peep hole. I guess maybe I will start to listen. I am glad nothing happened to you guys!!!! Crazy!! Kelli

Shari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shari said...

Shoot - I guess I should give up posting. I hit the return and it posted again, so I tried to delete one and it just deleted it all!
Anyway, I said this about the Meat Monster post: I read that story before I went to bed last night and had bad dreams all night long!! I'm so glad everything worked out ok!

sladefamilyaz said...

I just got chill bumps reading that. I am so glad that y'all are okay and that Clint was close.

mY dEwDrOpS said...

wow. scary! i'm glad you were ok and you had clint so close! sage is so dang cute! we've got to get our little girls together soon! it's been too long!

i just went private and need your email if you want to be on my read list. email me at pitwithbell@hotmail.com