Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Good Times

Not much new going on here. Sage is still getting cuter and cuter every day. Here are our latest. These were taken tonight, daddy was bathing her for the first time. I came in the room and not only my counters but my entire kitchen floor was covered in water. He's taught her how to make her splashes even bigger. Thanks, babe. Here she is, mid splash. Don't you want to squeeze her?
Her latest habit: playing w/ her tongue non stop. She's blowing bubbles, clicking her tongue and has it hanging out all the time.
OK, she's not officially crawling yet...she's been on the verge for the past month it seems like, but every time she gets up on her knees like this and I think she's going to do it, she drops to her tummy and just scoots along. My mom says it took me years to figure out how to crawl, so maybe she'll take after me.
All smiles (for Ashley.)
Here she is after church last Sunday...she is still wearing her size newborn shoes. She's got the tiniest hands and feet, and it is so cute! It's going to take her forever to learn to walk because she's going to be walking around on little pegs.
We don't have our heater on, so Sage is always in layers and hats around here. This picture makes me smile.
And finally, my traitorous body has stopped producing milk for my sweet baby. I think the marathon training has just caused my body to need more....no matter how much I eat or drink, my body just uses it up. So, as of two days ago, I nursed Sage for the last time. When cousin Ali wrote about this a while back, I thought she was just being dramatic (sorry, Ali!), but now I know exactly how she felt! I cried the whole time and wouldn't let Clint in the room. I just wanted to stare at her and bond with her like that one last time, just the two of us. It's such a special feeling and I can honestly say that I loved every time I had to nurse her. (not every time I had to pump, but whatever) My little baby is growing up so fast and I just can't seem to get enough of her. I feel so blessed every day that I am able to work from home so that I can be with her every second. Clint and I have talked about what we would do if he lost his job or if I lost mine, and I know it would result in my having to go back to the work force, and the idea of that terrifies me. Not because of work...I like work. I even miss teaching sometimes. But the idea of having to leave Sage with someone else makes me so sad. I know people have to do it every day, and that if I had to I would, but it would be a last resort. I cherish this time with her so much, and thank my Heavenly Father every day that he has provided a way for us to make ends meet with me staying at home. I know it's the most important place for me to be; at home with my angel. I can't wait for Sage to have brothers and sisters. I think about how much I love my siblings; how they are my best friends, and I want that for Sage. I am so lucky to have a few sibs living close, and I love that Sage will have her cousins close by. (Monte: hurry up, get married and have babies. ) Family bonds really are the most important thing in the world. (move out here mom and dad. guilt trip.) I am so excited for my family to get out here this weekend. Alright. Enough sap, going to bed at 8:49pm and so happy about that.

13 comments:

Kristina Rich said...

That was really sweet. I am surprised though, that you were able to nurse that long with all of the things you were doing. That's great!! And as for Sage crawling... at least she's doing something. My baby just lays there like a gimp. The pegged leg thing was pretty funny, I have to admit!

Anonymous said...

She is so cute!!! I love pics of babies in the bath. They always look so cute.

Brad and Laurie said...

You have a lot more feelings going on than you ever let on. I'm glad you share them here. Let's see, guilt trip? How left whom???
love, dad

Regina said...

She is getting cuter and cuter! It's really a good thing she isn't crawling, it becomes exhausting!! Kelly is clicking his tongue too! Weird. What a bummer about the nursing! I'm sorry, plus formula is soooooooo expensive!!

Castaneda 5 said...

You are making me cry. I, too had to give up nursing because I stopped producing milk with Gabby (she was 10 months old). I was working out too much. And you don't realize how important family is until you or they move away. We are only 4 hours away and I'm still not completely at home here because of it! Thanks for sharing! And Sage is soooo cute, I do just want to squeeze her! Take care!

Connie said...

Hey! I posted my lemon bread recipe on my other blog, greenappleorchard.blogspot.com

Thanks for the popcorn- I ate it all! Poor Peter didn't even get to taste it!

Monson Family said...

Sounds like Sage has those tiny Naylor feet. Arie has them too. Sage is so precious!! I LOVE all of her rolls! They go on for days and they are so scrumptious!

Monson Family said...

Sounds like Sage has those tiny Naylor feet. Arie has them too. Sage is so precious!! I LOVE all of her rolls! They go on for days and they are so scrumptious!

Anonymous said...

I wanted to let you know about a really great blog that I love

marathonmommies.blogspot.com

it has all sorts of great tips, stories, and other things about moms that run :)

Kayleen said...

I don't know that they were better. Your treats were gone in 5 seconds at our house. The "Peanut Butter Balls" are a tradition around here. I would give you the recipe, but then I'd have to kill you :) JK Leave your email address and I'll send it to you, you just have to promise not to make it for the ward members, otherwise I've got nothin!

Jalei & Lane said...

I swear you have the happiest baby ever! I'm so sad to hear you won't be coming down for Christmas!

the tatsaks said...

Sweet post! She is absolutely precious. I am glad the training is going ok. Sorry to hear about the missed run...I would have been mad too!

Tansey Hall said...

That is exactly the reason I do not let my sweet husband give our child a bath anymore. I'm not even sure how he does it but the floor is always drenched!
I know exactly how you feel about nursing. I only nursed Cade for four months and it was very difficult to not have that bond anymore. Don't feel guilty, you gave her a wonderful start and she is just the most beautiful, happy baby ever. You are doing a wonderful job!