Saturday, March 21, 2009

Mother of the Year.

I've decided I get the mother of the year award for the week. Here's why....
I don't sleep at night. Hardly at all, and it stinks. So during the day I am SO SLEEPY but don't like to take naps. It makes me feel like I'm wasting time, and I like to be busy. So usually I just don't sleep. Well yesterday, we babysat a few kids all morning and then had the afternoon to ourselves. We ate lunch, and sat on the floor to play. Next thing I know, I wake up TWO HOURS LATER to little tiny fingers playing with my belly-button. Yep. I passed out for two hours while my little gal roamed around and played quietly with her toys. Let me just point out again for the millionth time that I have the best baby in the world. I'm usually a light sleeper so either she was very quiet the whole time or I was just out of it. She was so cute playing with my belly and talking to it like she knew what she was saying. Anyway, I'll be keeping my eyes open during the days now. I think.
News of the week: Sage's first car ride in her very own front facing car seat!! I was so excited, but I swear I'll get in an accident b/c it's so fun to turn around and watch her. Doesn't she look thrilled here? She loves to play with my water bottle on our runs. It's her favorite toy.
This is what happens when I take it away... I keep socks on her pretty much all the time. The other day it was super hot so we stripped them off, and she had lots of fun eating her toes in between bites of lunch.


7 comments:

the tatsaks said...

UGH!! I am so jealous of your daughters eyes!!! Is that sad that I am jealous of a baby?

Jalei & Lane said...

Oh how funny! Where was Clint? Either way, there's no shame in a little shut eye. But you need to start sleeping through the night! Why aren't you? Is it because you're uncomfortable or Sage wakes up?

Anonymous said...

that is too funny!!! I know what you mean about not sleeping. I was that same way when I was at your stage of pregnancy. I would just cry sometimes during the middle of the night, b/c I was so tired. Take care, and Sage is too cute sucking on her toes.

Regina said...

I have given myself the Mother of the Year Award a time or two! At least she is okay and you got some much needed sleep!! Forget being busy, NAP!! Although, I don't nap either so I know how you feel.

themacdonnells said...

Let me just say, you are NOT the first one to fall asleep like that! I promise! I've done it a couple of times, hate myself when I wake up and realize what happened, but it happens, Sage is totally fine! Don't beat yourself up about it though... and go get some lavender bubble bath and try taking a long hot bath (as hot as you can safely get it) and see if that helps you relax enough to sleep at night. That's the only thing that worked for me when I was prego with Theron :)

Brad and Laurie said...

Sage needs a little grandpa action, er, grandpa needs a little Sage action :)
Chance and Kenedi say hi from Texas

Anonymous said...

That is so crazy! Reagan LOVES my water bottles too. He's crazy about them. Maybe it's an age thing or something. I know what you mean about the whole baby turning one thing too! Reagan just turned one on March 30th and I just couldn't believe it. As soon as we put his little birthday crown on, it was like he turned into a toddler instead of my little baby. It was nuts! Congrats on baby number two, how exciting!!