Thursday, March 5, 2009

Love Spring

A few days ago we took a jog out to a nearby park and tried the swings out on Sage. She didn't enjoy it so much...she held her breath and turned all shades of red. Maybe when she's a little older? Clint decided to try with her on his lap and she clung to him for dear life the whole time.The slides weren't such a great hit either....But her new doll is! We got it at Walmart the other day and she kisses it and hugs it all day. It's the sweetest thing.


Side note: I've decided not to have an epidural w/ this next baby...it's cheaper without it. Anyone who has done it med free before--if you have any tips or suggestions on how to make it easier, please share!! It's pretty much all I think about at night since I can't sleep. I'm a little terrified!

23 comments:

Caroline C. Bingham said...

Don't be scared, you can do it. You definitely need to check out hypnobirthing. I think it's the best "technique" for natural childbirth that's out there. You should read HypnoBirthing: The Mongan Method for sure.

Audrie said...

Sage is getting hair!! And it looks blonde, is that right? She is so dang cute I want to see her right now.

Castaneda 5 said...

Sage is so cute! Yikes on the no drugs! But I have to say, I think it is doable. I almost did it with my first...went 16 hours without...no progress...so the doc talked me into getting it so I would relax...then found out I needed a c section anyway! I've known plenty who have made it though. Good luck!

Julie said...

Sage is so cute! I wish I had any advice on birthing without meds. If it gives you any clue how UNHELPFUL I am...After moving to my current locale, I knew I had found my ob/gyn when a friend told me her doc would start an epidural BEFORE starting an induction. I called the doc--now my doc--that very day :-). Kind of opposite end of the spectrum from "natural." What MAY be helpful advice, though, is that you definitely put in your childbirthing stripes with your first baby. They're all easier after the first. By your third, you just laugh 'em out. I'm not kidding about that--I did actually laugh J out. So, maybe the other piece of advice I can give is to ask for the funniest Labor/Delivery nurse on the floor. Wow, I guess I had more advice than I thought. Good luck girlfriend!

Regina said...

When I get pregnant again, I am doing a natural childbirth too! I am tough and want to avoid a possible "emergency c-section" like I almost had with Kel. You can do it!!
As for the advice, if you are not planning on having an epidural, do not take pitocin. When you labor naturally, your body releases hormones to help with the pain. Labor as much as you can at home, before going to the hospital. That way, you can walk, relax, get up and go potty for goodness sake, and use gravity. Once you get to the hospital, you are chained to a bed on your back. No good. You are going to do fabulously, so don't be scared!! You should check out www.banned-from-baby-showers.blogspot.com. This lady is in my ward and while I only agree with about half of what she says, the birthing stuff makes total sense to me. Especially with everything that happened with Kelly. The attachment parenting stuff and bed sharing hoopla isn't for me. Sorry for the novel.

Jalei & Lane said...

Awww, she already has that motherly instinct! Hey, my mom said she had all of us naturally & it wasn't that bad. Who knows.

Jason and Kate said...

A little crazy you are but you can do it! My sister did all natural (said with a french accent) and she did hypnobirthing. I went a long time before having my epidural and even the breathing techniques they showed me at my birthing classes helped me through the contractions. My mom and sister couldn't believe that I was feeling great when they saw the contractions light up on the monitor. It's all in the breathing and mental imagery but I definitely was in heaven once I got the epidural. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Sage is too cute. I am sure she will love the playground soon enough. I am in the same boat as you. I want to go natural. Everyone I talk to though looks at me like I am crazy, but I really feel like I could do it. I will let you know if I find some good info on it.

Cheryl said...

I've done two of the three naturally because I had no choice (babies came too fast). That is my advice--make it not a choice. Don't let Clint or the nurses or doctor offer it to you. It's easy to say no now but in the toughest part of labor it's tough to say no when the anethesiologist is knocking at the door. You can definitely do it and it is VERY rewarding. Good luck!

sladefamilyaz said...

I tried to have Sibley without an epidural. We took the lamaz classes and everything. After about 15 hours of hard labor, she wasn't budging because she was posterior. I finally asked for an epidural, and she was born less than half an hour later. They had to vacuum her out. I wish I would have just gotten one in the first place. If I am ever blessed with another baby, I will definitely get an epidural as soon as they offer it to me. It would have saved me a lot of suffering, but this is just one person's opinion.

sladefamilyaz said...

P.S. My family was also begging me to get an epidural. Some of them cried because they felt so badly for me. It was very hard on Bryant to watch me suffer like that. I did a whole lot of crying too!

Chelsea said...

Can I just say that she is so stinkin cute!! love it! Emma was like that on the playground too, but now you cant get her off the swings!! Its fun!! Well ive been thinking this whole pregnancy that im not going to get an epidural, and still have not decided, but i only have a week and a half left, so if i go natural ill let you know how it goes! i hear good and bad things about it, so that why i cant decide! oh well!! Im glad you posted, ive been dieing to see more!!

Jami said...

Matilda didn't like the swings until recently either. As for no drugs, I am impressed. Mom had all of us without them. I know with the second one, the contractions weren't as bad, so maybe it won't be too bad.

Tiffany said...

You are crazy for not wanting an epidurral! But you are amazing and stronger than me so I am sure you could do it :) I have heard of the hypnobirthing technique and have heard it is supposed to work pretty well. I also have a friend in my ward who hired a doulla (dont know if I spelled that right) and she said that made all the difference in getting her through labor without an epidurral. But I know doullas can be expensive, so maybe that would defeat the purpose of NOT getting an epidurral because of the cost.
Anyway, either way, good luck! I am anxious to hear about your experience!
Sage looks so cute with her baby doll in these pictures! I love it! :)

AnaleeCuller said...

my friend was telling me you can ask for a doula (spelling) at the hospital or thru your doctor, i can't remember but every hospital is supposes to offer them, they just don't advertise it. if you don't know what they are, they are people trained, ( kinda like a midwife) who will have great techniques to keep you calm and have great positions so the delivery is smoother, I don't know to much about it but if I weren't doing a c section again :( then I would definately be using a doula... and try without an epidural. ask your doctor about it on your next visit... sage is too cute! just like her mommy!

Monson Family said...

Wow you are soooo brave! I have no surggestions for you, because I welcome all drugs no matter what the cost!!! HAHA! After reading your marathon post though I now think of you aw the toughest person in the world, so I'm sure you will be just fine.
Again - Sage is so cute I can't stand it! Can't wait to meet her one day!

Brad and Laurie said...

Hey Bop-
I'll up the money for the epi if that will help you decide.
love,dad

the tatsaks said...

I love those pics at the park...to funny! She is going to make a great big sis! I have no advice for natural child birth but good luck!

mY dEwDrOpS said...

my friend just had her baby natural. i don't know if you or clint know her. monte does. anyways, she had a midwife and said that her midwife was the only way she would've been able to stick it out. here's her blog if you want to read about her experience or if you want to contact her to ask her any questions. good luck!
http://wilkinsposse.blogspot.com/

mY dEwDrOpS said...

ps, how cute is your dad's comment? :)

mY dEwDrOpS said...

ps, how cute is your dad's comment? :)

Shari said...

Yikes, Marianne! Sage's birth was the first birth I'd been around with an epidural, and I thought "Man, that's not even like having a baby!" I went the natural route, and I think I'd fork over the money in a heartbeat! But, you ARE the one who can run a 26+ mile marathon when you are two months pregnant. If you really want to do it, I'd definitely check into some breathing techniques, and you need a picture or something to focus on when you are having contractions. Meditation is a good thing!! Or take your dad up on his offer! :)

Tansey Hall said...

You are so BRAVE!! If you can run a marathon pregnant, I'm sure you could do a natural birth.
I can't believe you are already seventeen weeks. You will be finding out the sex if your little one really soon!