Have a short little story that I'm still laughing about and wanted to share. Sage and I just got back from a bike ride. We do this lots, and I've gotten in the habit of throwing on my
crocs (without my socks, just for Amber.) and grabbing a stuffed animal for Sage to talk to. All was fine and dandy-until about mile 3. I turn around to check on my little munchkin and she is leaning all the way over the front bar, hanging off the edge watching the ground go by. This was one of those heart stopping moments as a mom. I knew I couldn't slam on my brakes - which is what I wanted to do - because she would go flying forward. So I come to a slow stop and am trying to climb over my bike to get back and grab her before she falls when my stupid sticky
croc shoe gets stuck on my bar and makes me fall forward, taking the bike down with me. It was not pretty. Thankfully Sage climbed back into her seat to watch the show, so she was fine. People driving by had to be laughing their heads off at the crazy pregnant lady falling all over her bike. We came straight home.
8 comments:
I wish we had a video of that!
Awesome! On the plus side, I'm sure you brought a smile to many faces :-). I bet any passersby were impressed to see a pregnant lady out riding a bike.
I am just impressed that you were riding a bike.
i love stories like this. i'm sure you looked much more graceful than i would have!
haha i wish i could of seen that.
Sage is a dare devil isn't she?!?! First the stroller now the bike. That wouldn't have been the funniest fall I've seen you make but I'm sure it would make my top 10.
went right home, 3 miles later
Ah, Marianne, you do such cute posts! I think Sage needs a camera, too, so she can take pictures along the way...
Post a Comment