Now to vent. What is it with old people drivers? I love old people and know I'll be there one day so shouldn't complain, but COME ON. They drive me crazy. I've decided there are two types of "old" drivers. 1-the kind who think they can go wherever they want, even if it's against the law; and 2-the kind who are to scared to drive and cause accidents almost every time they're on the road. The snow birds out here are on my last nerve. Every time someone pulls out in front of me or turns left when their arrow is long gone, it's an old couple. Every time I have to sit behind someone at a stop sign for minutes at a time because they're too afraid to go, it's an old couple. I mean, come on. Get off the road already.
Next venting subject: my boot camp. I REALLY shouldn't complain about this, b/c I love it. Love the people who come, love kicking their trash every day, love making them hate me. But...I have a few campers who are driving me bananas. Two of them are super competitive and like to one-up each other. I'm all about being competitive and everything, but when they start doing the exercises wrong or trying to cheat out of laps to win-I can't handle that. Then when I call them on it-which I always do-they make up the lamest excuses and act like it's the other person's fault. Grow up people. Plus, they cannot stand it when I beat them. Every once in a while I work out with them, just to remind them who's boss (wink wink) and they do not like being beat. It's pathetic. They say things like: "well it's b/c you don't do these workouts every day, so you're fresher than we are." I mean really? And then there's the few who have an ailment every single work out. Seriously, every time. I can't do this one, my back is sore. This one hurts my ankle. My sides hurt so I need to walk this lap. Whatever, no you don't. You're paying me to kick your A so shut up and do it already. Thank heavens for my other campers who work their butts off and sweat like crazy and are always eager for a good thrashing. They make it worth it. I'm pretty sure my hormones are raging nowadays, so that's what I'll be blaming this latest vent fest on. The end. Oh ya, and my whole family minus Amber is going to Colorado this weekend to go skiing and we're not. I'm so jealous.















12 comments:
Sage is too cute!!! I love her face when she is under the table and cannot figure out how to get out. I hope you are feeling better these days :)
Sage is precious! I hope you feel better after that vent! I wish I could go to your boot camp. I would love that...however, I am very competitive as well. If I go to the gym and someone gets a treadmill around me and starts to run...I have to run faster and longer than them...Do you think there is something wron with me?
I love all the pics, she is so precious!
I totally agree w/ you about old people. I'll be behind a car that is driving horribly & I'm cursing & then I swerve around them to give them the evil eye & see that it's an old grampa clinching the steering wheel & squinting...then I feel guilty.
And for those competitive chicks who skimp on the correct way to do exercises, I would make them do it double!
man I wish I lived there so that I could do your boot camp! i need someone to kick my A into gear! I'd like to think I ouldn't be one of the ones with and ailment everyday... but I'm a wuss :(
Sage is sooooooo cute! Esp. in the chocolate faces pics!
The Colorado family is missing you guys:)
We have all been talking about you guys, esp Sage
love, dad
Amen to the snowbirds! It sucks going anywhere during the winter, aka snowbird season, here. Not only do they make it difficult to drive for all of the natives, but then we have to put up with enormous lines at Costco. Even though the summers here are so freakin' hot, at least there are no snowbirds! Bring on the summer! I'm sorry about your competitive, immature bootcampers. I bet sometimes you think you are teaching fifth grade again.
Don't feel bad about the zoo. We took Imogen to the zoo when she was two weeks old, and I had the same thought that she would love being in the fresh air. Since it was the first kid, I didn't realize that she would sleep so much those first few weeks.
Sage is the absolute CUTEST baby girl I have ever seen! I hope if I have a little girl she's just as cute and perfect! :)
Let it out. that's the best. Hopefully none of them will be reading this! I agree, once you're 70 you should never drive you big stinkin lincoln again! Isn't it time for them to go home already?!?
We have missed you guys this weekend, but you, amber, nick, & kris weren't here so it definately felt like we were missing people. LOVE YOU!!!! I would totally cheat at boot camp, I cheat no matter what, just cause I can :)
First, let me say that pics of Sage make me smile. What a cutie. Next, I'd like to say AMEN to annoying drivers. . . old or on their phone.. . it's usually one or the other. Last, Um HAA HAA! I have a hard time picturing you, Marianne, yelling at bootcamp girls who are "paying you to kick their A!" Ha! Keep on kickin!
Post a Comment