Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Been Busy!

It has been CRAZY week/month. Work has been out of control - which is great - but so so tiring and makes it hard to get everything done. I had my first nightmare last night about work--I was doing computer work in my dream and couldn't find the right info to comp out a particular house and was wigging out. Don't know why I think it was a nightmare, but I woke up freaking out and had to check the computer. I've been doing 15+ homes a day which takes a lot of computer time, most of which is at night, so I guess it makes sense that I go to bed picturing the comp screen. Sage and I have put over 3000 miles on my new van in 5 weeks. She's such a trooper and is so unbelievably good on our car rides. We usually spend the first hour talking to each other, try to make a pit stop somewhere to let us both stretch our legs, then for the next hour I turn on a baby Einstein movie for her to watch. She LOVES these. When the music starts she just BEAMS and smiles at me. It's so cute because I know the parts she thinks are funny, so when that part gets close I'll turn around to watch her and she'll be smiling so big. She melts my heart so many times a day. I promise I keep my eyes on the road for the most part, but here are a couple shots I had to take because she is so dang cute.
Her baby is always on her lap--she'll give her big kisses every few minutes.
Chilling. Still in love with her hat. Leg up, kicked back....Besides work, she and I both came down with the flu last week--lots of throwing up, not lots of sleep. It hit on the weekend we were supposed to go out for our anniversary, so those plans were shot. Shari still took Sage Saturday and Sunday so Clint and I did a lot of sleeping. Our house was so quiet! We had our last Lamaze class tonight as well. I wish I had taken these before having Sage--I have a better understanding of what's going on and why I'm so uncomfortable. Clint and I practiced our breathing from last week, but it's pretty much no use. We get the giggles. Our instructor had us do some other relaxation exercises that I am ALL for. I lay down and Clint plays with my hair, rubs my back, etc. I told him we should practice every night. ha ha. One other funny moment from class tonight--which goes to show how well Clint is whipped into shape :) --I'm lying on the floor and am supposed to be totally relaxed. He is supposed to pick up my arm and then leg to see if it is "heavy" to show that I'm relaxed. The instructor asks all the coaches if our limbs are "heavy" and without skipping a beat, he shouts out "NO!". He then had to explain that my limbs were limp, but never heavy. Didn't the instructor realize that that was a dangerous question?
One other trip we made last week was to see Tiffany and her super cute new baby Madden. She moved to Chicago so we had to get together one last time. I like this picture because it helps me see how big Sage is getting! I still think of her as my little baby, until I see her next to a real baby and she seems giant! We miss you Tiff!

5 comments:

Kristina Rich said...

I didn't know you were sick!! Hope you guys are feeling better! We've been busy too. Summer always does that to me!

Jami said...

It sounds exhausting. I am so glad that school is out now. I hope you get some rest.

Kayleen said...

Lamaze class would make me laugh too. Really, how can you be serious with all of that rhythmic breathing going on around you.

Brad and Laurie said...

we're ready for you two!

Tiffany said...

Holy crap, could I look any more awful in this pic?? Guess that's what having a newborn does to you...overweight, dark circles under my eyes, just rolled out of bed, no make up on, haven't showered or brushed my hair...man I look hot!
Miss you guys!!!!!!! :)