Monday, June 22, 2009

TEXAS so far....

So since I have a TON of time on my hands now that I'm in Texas, I have been a teensy bit bored out of my mind. I guess I'm never satisfied....frustrated when super busy at home, and yet complaining now that I've got free time. I'm hard to please! Sage and I have been loving our time here in TX. It all started, though, with the flight out. Airplane stories are always the best when kids are in tow, right?

We started ours just fine, until we actually got to the airport and saw how busy it was. We were an hour and a half early, but it didn't look like that was enough time. First off, I had to pee. Bad. This child has lodged herself on my bladder and I have to visit the restroom very frequently. Once I saw the lines at the airport, however, I didn't have time to go take care of business. So - we get in line and I do a little bouncing trying not to wet my pants. Once we made it through the ticket counter, we had to SPRINT to the gate. Still no chance to pee. Once we made it to the gate and on the plane with about 30 seconds to spare, we found a seat smack dab in the middle of two people, who I thought looked nice. Lucky for me the man to my left WAS very nice and had a small child at home so was very understanding of things. The lady to my right, was--not so nice. At one point she scolded Sage very loudly because Sage was being rowdy. Sage is the most sensitive little girl and welled up with huge alligator tears after being scolded my a stranger. I felt so bad for her and wanted to smack the lady upside the head. What is it with people nowadays thinking they have a right so discipline other people's children?? Anyways. So keep in mind I still haven't peed, I'm sitting in a small chair and have a one year old bouncing around in my lap. Once we landed in El Paso for our quick layover, I ran to the front of the plane and had to put Sage down on the floor. NASTY. Seriously, I had to de-germ her entire body once we got done. But relief for me so it was worth it. Well once we took off again, Sage decided she had to go the bathroom. And it STANK. Bad. I was well aware of this, trust me. I was in the middle of trying to figure out how to change her when this big ole black lady in front of me turns around and says very loudly, "do you know your baby stinks? you need to change her diaper right now." I felt like saying, "no, she's poopy? really?" Like I don't know that, lady. So since I have a basketball stuffed in my shirt Sage was not fitting on my lap so well. I ended up having to put two meal trays down (mine and the poor man next to me), laying her across it and changing her major poopy diaper right there. Her legs were in his face. It wasn't pretty. He was so nice and understanding though. He even put the dirty diaper in a barf bag for me and kept it till they came to collect trash. Thank you to that man a million times over. Once we made it off the plane, all was well. Sage was a trooper and really did such a good job.

It's easy to forget how humid it gets here, but man it is awful. I feel like I need a cold shower all day and am constantly sweating. It's so pretty and green though, and Sage and I have been taking lots of walks to enjoy the scenery. I don't think I'd find this anywhere in AZ: and it's nice to visit the petting zoo by walking around the block. We stopped to talk to horses, chickens, goats, and every kind of dog out there. To Sage, all the animals are "ruff-ruffs".

Sage's new best friend is little Dustin. She LOVES him and he's been a champ at walking her around outside. All she wants to do since we got here is play outside with the dogs and walk around. She's got a few bug bites but they haven't slowed her down.
I've been able to visit with friends--and it's always so good to catch up. I went to Jalei's baby shower (no camera so no pics) and was reminded of how large I am by hanging around my skinny friends. Jalei has the cutest little belly on her. Two of my other pals threw her shower and it was the cutest shower in the world. So so creative.
I've been able to spend time with Ashley, too. She is exactly ten weeks behind me so we had to get a belly shot. It's easy to forget how much fun you have with old girlfriends. Ash and I haven't hung out in a year since the last time I was home and it's been so fun to catch up. It's nice knowing that no matter how much time you spend apart you still have best friends. When we hang out it's like I never moved away--just like old times. I love you Ash.

That's it for now. I'll post more pics later when I get back.

12 comments:

Katherine Young said...

1. haha i love the terribly ugly mail box.
2. i alwayas forget how green texas is, it really is beautiful.
3. old girlfriend time REALLY is so so fun. cute preg pic
4. nice job on recruiting dustin to be sages walking buddy. haha.
5. even though we hardly see you guys, i missed seeing you and cute sage standing by the door on the way out of church yesterday. it was weird not seeing her waving and smiling to us.

Jalei & Lane said...

I cannot believe those 2 women on the plane. I would have to snap back at them! And it was so good to see you, Sage & your mom at the shower. I wish you could've hung out with us later that night. I did get sick later that night, but I think it was because I ate too much, not that the food was bad :(

Jami said...

It was great getting to see you at the shower. Sage is adorable and so well behaved. I am impressed that you took her on the plane by yourself.

Gail said...

Oh Marianne... I super sympathize with you and that terrible plane trip. I can't believe someone scolded your baby! Poor little Sage! The wounds from my last plane ride are still fresh so I'm so sorry! What a nice man for you to sit next to. The man sitting next to me said, "Is this your first? I thought so." What does that mean?

Tiffany said...

Cute prego belly pic! :) Flying with babies is awful and stressful...I am flying to Denver with Madden in 2 1/2 weeks and he will only be 9 weeks old...I am terrified, especially after reading your story.

the tatsaks said...

That is surprising that it was ladies getting upset because usually they are the understanding ones. I think I would have had to say something! It was so nice to see you, Sage and your mom! Hope you have a great rest of your trip and a better flight!

Debbie said...

I could not sympathize with you more about the plane trip. Remember my blog about my last plane ride home. I was scarred forever. What are we going to do when we both have to fly with TWO kids?!! Sorry those ladies were so rude, especially since I know that Sage is the best baby ever and so they could've had it much worse!

Bre said...

Hey Marianne, I made sure to tell Amber that we were moving before I posted it on my blog. And yeah, it was hard to tell her. But I am looking forward to having her stay with us up there! It's already part of the plan.

Regina said...

I still cannot believe that old lady! Rude! It was great to see you!!

Kristina Rich said...

oh my gosh, Now i know for sure that i will never fly with kids. By the way, when are you coming home so we can hang out!!

sladefamilyaz said...

I'm sorry that lady was mean to your sweet Sage. I know how it is flying with kids all the time. You see peoples' true colors, don't you? Some are so incredibley nice and helpful, and some not so much, huh?

Matt and Megan said...

Marianne how are you!! I have been blog hopping and came across your blog!Your little girl is so cute! I am so sorry for rude people on planes:( Some people have no manners! Your prego belly is so cute!