Sage and I spent the afternoon sewing today. I couldn't decide which fabric I liked better for a nursing cover, so I made two. I know these are super easy to make, but I was still so happy that I pulled it off. They fit perfect and I'll get lots of use out of them. Plus it only cost me about 10 bucks to make both of them because the fabric was on sale--WAY cheaper than buying one. And finally finished my apron. It didn't turn out quite like I had hoped but oh well.



Also....my cousin told me about a website called "laceheaven.com", and if you've got little girls, check it out. The elastic they sell - to make bands for bows - is so so cheap. 1 yard of elastic is about 30 cents. I ordered 26 different colors that range in width and they are PERFECT. I only had white and black because it was so expensive to buy at Ribbons and Lace. Now we've got every color out there.
6 comments:
Love your sewing projects--they look great. Where do you go on lacehaven.com to find the elastic?
Thanks. I mistyped the address. This should be fun!!
And you say you're not crafty!!! You have totally inspired me to use my machine. Your nursing covers turned out great and that is so awesome they were so cheap!!! Those things are expensive!!!
Wow, Marianne! So much talent! Your apron turned out cute!! You should get Clint to take a picture of you modeling it and put it on here.
It's nice to know how to make the nursing covers, too. It's nice to have a selection.
On a side note, I need a personal trainer. I'm tired of being fat. Can you help me? We can talk about it after you get back from TX...
Look at you with all your sewing projects! Your stuff looks great! I can't believe you just started.
only 2 more days:-)
Post a Comment