Clint and I went to our first breathing class last night at the hospital. I never thought I'd take one of these classes but figured since I won't have any drugs to help this time I'd sign us up and see what we thought. I can't say much for the class, but it was SO FUN having undivided attention from Clint for THREE hours!! He turned his dang phone to vibrate and only left class to answer one call, and we laughed so hard together through the whole class. We had to watch a birthing video which-whatever- but Clint and I are not the serious type and just couldn't help but act like 3 year
olds. The other couples hated us. Then when they started teaching us the different types of breathing techniques, we about died. Really -- it was too funny. The first few techniques went fine. Slow breaths in, slow breaths out. But then there's one called "Coach call", where Clint holds up a certain number of fingers and that's how many "ha-he" breaths I take before I "blow" the air out. Well first let me set up our position. We are facing
each other sitting in chairs, my legs on his lap, four pillows stuffed all around me. So we start the "contraction", and he holds up a few fingers. Then, in the middle of it he would add 2 more fingers, or take one away, or do something that would totally throw me off. The funniest thing about it though, was that he wasn't doing it on purpose!!! It's like he would get all nervous and throw up extra fingers at the last second and say "uh oh", because he was doing it wrong or something. So it's SUPER quiet in the room. All you hear is a bunch of "ha he ha he's". And then I start laughing hysterically. If you know me, you'll know the laugh I'm talking about. I start crying because I'm laughing so hard. All the while, I'm still trying to do the breathing, so it's like I'm hiccuping, crying, ha-
heing, and laughing all at once. THEN I start having a contraction sitting in that position and feel like I'm going to wet my pants. I can't move, because my legs are straddling Clint and it's not like I'm real limber and mobile anymore. So we're both laughing so hard and the teacher keeps trying to remind us that "it's important to learn this the right way", and well it was pretty much a flop. We have one more class next week and I can't wait. I'll be sure to pee before class and brink
kleenex for when I cry. :)
In other news, I have THE BEST BABY. EVER. Not kidding, she is so happy all the time and is such a squishy little ball. It's amazing to me how fast she has picked up her sign language over the past month. She now knows how to sign 'eat, milk, drink, please, more, all done' and is working on 'thank you'. It's cool because when she wakes up from a nap, she'll sign the work 'drink' -I'll go get her
sippy cup, she'll take a drink and hand it back and then is just on to her next thing. It's nice knowing what she wants instead of trying to guess. When she's hungry, she tells me she wants to eat. It's cute when she puts them together too--she'll sign 'eat more please' and I about die every time thinking she's the smartest little thing out there. She's still not walking, but I'm not in a hurry. She did take her first (and second) tumble down the stairs two days ago and I about died. I think the sound of the fall is the worst part. She was fine, just scared. She's wary of the stairs now so who knows, maybe it was a good thing. My latest favorite thing she does is kiss my tummy. She'll pull up my shirt, plant a kiss and pat my belly while saying "baby" so softly. It's the sweetest thing. I really do just smile at her all day and could eat her up. I can't wait for my parents to see her in two weeks.
We took her to the park the other day and her fear of slides and swings is long gone. She LOVES to play at the park and hates it when we leave.

Here she is helping me with my computer work....if that's what you want to call it. I usually try to get it done while she is sleeping but when there's a lot to do she likes to help me type. It's a HUGE help.

9 comments:
She is just too cute. I love those big eyes. blake and I didn't even attend those classes once we found out I was having a c-section. Yes 9lbs already. My doc said it didn't matter how big he got b/c I am having a c-section anyways.
So how long are you going to give yourself before you change your mind & take the epidural??
i love that you guys laughed through your class & seriously what is better then undivided attention from your hubby!! it doesn't come around very often if you guys are like hyrum & i. i was laughing out loud as i read your entry.
oh & sign language is the best!! we did it with hardy & it totally helps eliminate tantrums because they can actually communicate with you. love it!!
That was so me and Jas at our class. I died laughing because Jas was being so funny (and trying hard). We couldn't look at each other without laughing. The techniques do work. I didn't go natural but I waited until I was a 6 1/2 before epidural because they said it would slow me down. Two hours after the meds Wyatt came out.
quality time at lamaze. I can't believe you were hiccuping!
The class sounds great. We took one before Imogen, and I don't think we did much better than you guys did. The video part was the worst.
We can't wait either:0
I LOVE her! She is soooo darn cute! Cant wait to see you in a few weeks!
I want to sign up for your next sign language class. Sage does her signs around me and I know she's trying to tell me something but I have NO idea what she's saying! LOL! So, I just start guessing and offer her anything I can think of...
Post a Comment