Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Potty Trained!!!

Last Friday after work and naps, I pulled out the panties we bought almost a year ago and began potty training Sage. We've been talking lots about it to her and were on the last of our diapers, so it was time. This little gal picked it up SO FAST! Seriously I am so proud of her. She has had two accidents, and both were on the first few days of training. Now she is the one who tells me when she needs to go. Yesterday, she was having one of her daily dance parties and stopped mid-dance and said, "mom! Hurry! Take me potty!" She had gone a little in her pants and corked herself up until we got on the toilet. I was amazed! We started by giving her two m&m's each time she went and that has totally done the trick. Half the time she doesn't even remember that she gets them. She's even gone #2 once! She's gone at church, at the gym, at the grocery store....you get my drift. She's doing so well at it. I tried keeping diapers off of her at night too, but we're not quite there yet. I'm so so proud of my little Sage!!

Calling daddy at work to tell him that she went potty at the store. She's getting so big! She talks like crazy. I handed her the phone and she said,
"Hi dad! I just went potty at the store! I love you! Bye!"

6 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

That's so exciting! Now you'll have some extra cash from not buying her diapers!

Jami said...

That is amazing. I have never had one train in that short of time.

Tiffany said...

Woo Hoo Sage!!! You are lucky you have girls, Marianne...from what I hear, they are WAY easier to potty train than boys. I dread the day when I have to potty train Madden. I am going to be calling you asking you for tips!

Anonymous said...

Hey for Sage. She is growing up so fast. I love all the little conversations...too cute.

Regina said...

SO JEALOUS!! We put Kelly in undies for one day and he held it all day until we finally put a diaper on him. Little stink. Maybe we will try again in a couple months. NOT looking forward to it. And Kelly does the same thing as Sage and says, "I got a great idea!" So cute. I love all the little things she says!

eyre blog said...

jealous.