My little Sage turned three on Friday the 8th. I'm not sure how my little baby is three. How? I remember so so clearly the day I found out I was finally pregnant with her. I remember everything about my pregnancy and the delivery. I think my favorite time as a mother was when it was just she and I. No work, no stress, just us. Hanging out making bows and trying on ten different outfits each day. She was and is such an angel. She is gentle, loving, even-tempered, considerate, and just absolutely wonderful. I have been spoiled with her and love every second I get with her. I want to make sure I document everything about her at this age. So....
Sage's favorite things:
pink blanket
jumping
dancing
story time
pudding
family home evening
blowing bubbles
painting
least favorite things:
bugs
people dressed up as animals
when mommy cries (she cries and freeeaaaks out when I cry)
Nicknames:
Sagey
Sagey-wagey
Sagalicious
Favorite color:
Pink. NOT purple anymore.
Favorite food:
cheese crisp or pizza
Her birthday this year started with a trip to grandma Shari's house to help decorate one of her three cakes. She loved this and spent a lot of time in deep concentration, as you can see.

Then she went to see Disney on Ice with Grandpa Young and Kinsey. Apparently she was terrified about 80% of the time, but really loved it when the princesses would wave to her. Here she is all ready to go. Her main phrase these days, "I'm so excited!"

Later that day, we had a little party at the Overton's. Complete with 8 pizza's, three cakes, and a bounce house- courtesy of grandma and grandpa O. It was a HIT with all the kiddos.

We always say our parties are going to be simple and small--just family. But when you've got seven siblings, it's never a small affair. We are so glad everyone came to help celebrate.

Grandma Shari made the cakes...thank heavens. Mine are always...um...sub-par, to say the least.

She was spoiled by gifts from everyone. Play-do from Charlotte, a bubble blower from Boston, Tangled barbie and movie from Gma Shari, princess dress-up clothes from Gma/pa Young, princess dress up shoes from Larsens, and a wooden dress-up dollhouse from mom and dad. She was in heaven!

Charlotte kept herself busy by stealing all of the balloons and mooching cake and ice-cream off of anyone who would hold her. Little stinker!


And last, but certainly not least, Saturday night she had her annual daddy/daughter birthday date. They missed their movie but ate dinner together at Red Robin, had ice-cream for dessert, and finished at Target where Sage picked out a new teeny-tiny cat. It's in the bag. When I asked her to show me what she picked out, she said, "it's in the bag, mom." duh.

Happy Happy Birthday, Sage. We love you so so much and are so blessed to have you in our family.
Sage's favorite things:
pink blanket
jumping
dancing
story time
pudding
family home evening
blowing bubbles
painting
least favorite things:
bugs
people dressed up as animals
when mommy cries (she cries and freeeaaaks out when I cry)
Nicknames:
Sagey
Sagey-wagey
Sagalicious
Favorite color:
Pink. NOT purple anymore.
Favorite food:
cheese crisp or pizza
Her birthday this year started with a trip to grandma Shari's house to help decorate one of her three cakes. She loved this and spent a lot of time in deep concentration, as you can see.

Then she went to see Disney on Ice with Grandpa Young and Kinsey. Apparently she was terrified about 80% of the time, but really loved it when the princesses would wave to her. Here she is all ready to go. Her main phrase these days, "I'm so excited!"
Later that day, we had a little party at the Overton's. Complete with 8 pizza's, three cakes, and a bounce house- courtesy of grandma and grandpa O. It was a HIT with all the kiddos.

We always say our parties are going to be simple and small--just family. But when you've got seven siblings, it's never a small affair. We are so glad everyone came to help celebrate.

Grandma Shari made the cakes...thank heavens. Mine are always...um...sub-par, to say the least.

She was spoiled by gifts from everyone. Play-do from Charlotte, a bubble blower from Boston, Tangled barbie and movie from Gma Shari, princess dress-up clothes from Gma/pa Young, princess dress up shoes from Larsens, and a wooden dress-up dollhouse from mom and dad. She was in heaven!

Charlotte kept herself busy by stealing all of the balloons and mooching cake and ice-cream off of anyone who would hold her. Little stinker!


And last, but certainly not least, Saturday night she had her annual daddy/daughter birthday date. They missed their movie but ate dinner together at Red Robin, had ice-cream for dessert, and finished at Target where Sage picked out a new teeny-tiny cat. It's in the bag. When I asked her to show me what she picked out, she said, "it's in the bag, mom." duh.

Happy Happy Birthday, Sage. We love you so so much and are so blessed to have you in our family.















9 comments:
Such a cutie. Looks like she had a special day.
She is so pretty!! I can't believe you are going to have 3... You sound like an awesome mom. We'll have to see you if we ever make it to Az again!
Is she really 3??!! SO sad. She sounds like a dream child & I'm so glad she had a great birthday!
How IS she 3 already? Those three years flew by, didn't they? Love those girls! I'm looking forward to baby #3 getting here - this is so much FUN! :)
1. nice pictures :-)
2. bj is lame for not going
3. that picture of sage looking at her cake is probably the most adorable thing i have ever seen. bj agrees. she is so freakin cute.
Happy Birthday, Sage!!! What an AWESOME birthday party!!! I am so envious that all your family members all live so close together so you can celebrate moments like this together! Sage is a lucky little girl to be loved by so many :)
What a cutie! "the cat's in the bag...." so hilarious!! What a fun party and adorable cakes!! Can you BELIEVE we have 3 year olds??!! I am dying!
So cute! Happy Birthday Sage! That cracks me up that she's afraid of animals dressed as people. Sadie gets freaked out when people have hats on.
Happy Birthday to Sage!! A Daddy birthday date is such a cute idea! I might have to steal that one:) Congrats on baby #3!! It makes me feel behind! You are probably pregnant with a boy since you feel so different AND I'm sure you don't look as huge as you think:)
Post a Comment