I've had quite the day. I was up all night because that's just how I do things. Worked on the computer getting my orders done till nine. Got the girls up and we did our thing. Headed to the van to hit the gym and immediately choked back barf. There was a horrible stench in my garage that about knocked me off my feet. Turns out my little bro Dustin didn't shut the freezer tight last night and everything in my freezer was soft and soggy. And stinky. So, we retreated back into the house. I left the girls to play and fend for themselves while I tackled the mess. I threw away pretty much everything but am re-freezing some bread and jam in hopes that it doesn't go bad. I threw an entire bag of chicken in a pot of water to boil so that wouldn't be a complete waste, but lost lots of fish, shrimp, steaks, veggies, popsicles, taquitos, corn-dogs, etc. After throwing everything away I cleaned out the freezer and mopped the sticky mess that was my garage floor. It was pretty nasty. At this point the kids' club at the gym was closed, so that was out. We loaded up and headed out to take pictures for work and about 10 minutes in I realized I forgot my water and apple. This sounds stupid, but let me tell you, it's not. I cannot survive without food or drink for much more than 15 minutes. This pregnancy is so crazy. I just can't get enough food in me and get super sick if I don't eat around the clock. Normally this sounds great, but NO FOOD sounds good to me, so I'm pretty much forcing food down my throat that is disgusting just so I don't barf. Anyways, I forgot my apple. Bad news. I had my second breakfast in me but that was an hour ago so I started to panic. I suck on mints all day to keep the bad taste out of my mouth, so I popped one in thinking it would help. Well it did, till I had to sneeze. I sucked in getting ready to sneeze and the mint got lodged in my throat. So of course me and my pregnancy gag reflexes, I started gagging horribly. And once the mint came out it didn't stop. Keep in mind I'm driving and my girls are f-a-reaking out. Poor Sage thought I was dying. So I quit gagging and get the pre-throw-up feelings and empty out the tissue box I keep in the van thinking I could just throw up in that. I hold that under my mouth, trying to tell Sage to calm down and to not get scared when I start throwing up. I am finally at a point where I can pull over, so I do. I jump out of the van and get in my throw-up stance and am ready for anything, when it all the sudden passes. Phew! I was already embarrassed to be on the side of the road holding my hair back and squating low. After I felt totally better, we took off again, finished my work and made it home. I sucked on Sage's sippy cup the whole way home to get some liquid in me and about died trying to eat lunch. It's not pretty over here. Then when it was nap time for the girls, Charlotte screamed for a solid half hour before finally falling asleep (which she NEVER does. She usually is so excited for nap time.) and Sage got a spanking with the wooden spoon for not listening. It's been an eventful day, to say the least. And to top it off, I'm wasting time blogging while the girls are sleeping instead of taking a nap which is what my body is telling me to do. I'm scared if I take a nap I'll be up all night again. Enough with the complaining, though.
6 comments:
I love reading your posts!! you make me feel a little more normal!! ha! so sorry you are feeling so bad, hope it passes quickly! and so sorry about your freezer, not fun at all!! and i love the damn balloon comment on the dress up post!! made me laugh out loud!! i totally get how you feel!!
I had the upset stomach most of the time when I was pregnant. I kept chex mix, nuts, and crackers in my desk and purse at all times. Protein works best.
Oh, I feel so bad for you!! You are totally describing my life right now....except I don't actually try to do anything. You're better than me.
And I decided not to spank Kelly until I am myself again. I always feel so guilty and I think I might not be spanking him because he deserves it, but because I am a sick, tired, B-word.
Oh that sucks! Hopefully it will all pass soon. I get SO sleepy during the day & want to nap too, but like you, it means I can't go to sleep at night.
Okay, the part of the story where your about to throw up in the car and Sage thinks you're dying made me laugh. Sorry!
-Camberley
Oh Marianne, I am so so sorry :( Morning sickness is the worst! But honestly, I'd give anything to have it right now, cuz that would mean I was pregnant :)
I can just picture your girls freaking out as you are gagging and dry heaving, ha ha, thats hilarious! I think Madden would probably freak out too if I did that!
Post a Comment