Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Clint

I've got the best husband ever. No, really. I do. I don't know why he treats me so well and puts up with my garbage. Lately I'm just this beast of a person walking with smoke blowing out of my ears. I don't hold back with him, either. I'll blame it on my hormones right now but things just fly out of my mouth. And even when I realize how rude it comes out, I don't apologize. I just throw my nose in the air and walk away. It's true.
Like lately, he can't chew his food at the dinner table without my asking, "Why do you have so much stupid saliva in your mouth? Can't you chew quieter?!" The first time I said this, he took his plate into the other room. But then I got mad and said, "What, you don't want to eat dinner with your kids who you haven't seen all day long?" So he came back in and asked if I wanted him to turn on some soft music so I couldn't hear him chew. I got mad and replied, "Don't bother. That stupid radio doesn't work except for those AM stations you love and I am NOT listening to that crap." I'm laughing writing this down because it sounds so so awful!!!
And lately when I climb into bed after him, I usually say, "Don't cross this imaginary line. Stay on your side. I don't want to smell you." Gasp!!! I really am such a brat!

This is just the tip of the iceberg, people. And with every rude comment I make, he just smiles and says he loves me. Which sometimes makes me mad.

Now besides putting up with my crap, here are other reasons why he is too good to me. (and others.)
I texted him the other day to see how he'd feel about my going out that night with my sisters/mom for Amber's birthday. His response? "Anything for you."
When I asked him to sign my moms mothers' day card, he wrote something to the effect of, "I'm grateful to you for a lot of things, but mostly for Marianne. Because without her I would be lost."
And when I texted him an apology for being such an A-hole (and a pansy for texting instead of doing it in person), he said "I love you more than you know."
And yesterday I opened the garage door to take the girls to see baby Kate and saw his truck in the driveway, but no Clint. We called out to him and he was at our neighbor's house pulling their weeds. They weren't home and he was out there with piles of weeds at his feet. I asked what the heck he was doing and he just shrugged and said, "he had weeds."

This guy really is too good to be true. And I'm lucky enough to be celebrating our 6th anniversary with him this Friday. I am a lucky lady!

6 comments:

Regina said...

This is so sweet. Maybe he will read this and forgive you and love you even more. I am pretty mean to Michael too and I feel bad. I'm even sometimes mean to the kids and then I cry and cry and cry. This whole part sucks, huh.

Jalei & Lane said...

I am cracking up at this post! I do some of the same things to poor Lane. In fact, Lane read this before I did & told me I needed to read this. Probably hinting around that I'm the same way! Sheesh. Clint is definitely a keeper!

Jami said...

Lucky, lucky you. He seems perfect.

Tiffany said...

ha ha, I'm laughing at the comments you make to him! You are a lucky woman...there aren't many husbands who would be that patient and understanding :) You guys were pretty much made for each other!
Happy Anniversary!

Regina said...

Hey! To change your font, go to design, then click on advanced, then click on text font, and there are tons to choose from. I just discovered it!

The Hann Family said...

You two are a beautiful couple! We all have our bad days and say things we wish we could take back. You are both lucky to have each other!Happy Anniversary!