Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Another week

If it seems like I'm always feeding my kids cookie dough, it's cause I am. We make cookies together at least once a week. I'm going through extreme baking issues. As in I can't stop. I am allowing myself four more weeks of baking, and then it's got to stop!!
And I realize this pic of C eating an apple is slightly creepy. But it's hilarious to me because just like her daddy, she eats the entire apple. Core and everything.
Photobucket
I finally got around to organizing the girls' closets last week. It was a daunting task. Since they are all three super close in age, I am constantly having to go through things. I think it would be easier to just buy new stuff, but I'm way too much of a cheap skate. This was my mess:
Photobucket
It took me five hours to do it all and the end result was that most of my baby stuff looked like this:
Photobucket
covered in nasty baby barf. Remember how much my babies throw up? I'm not looking forward to that at all. Most of my baby stuff is stained yellow, and it's not because I didn't scrub and wash. It's because every single outfit has been thrown up on about a thousand times. By two different babies. So I threw lots out but kept lots even though it looks nasty. What if this is my last girl? Do I really want to spend the money on new stuff just to get rid of it again? See? Cheap skate.

Sage has been a little bit out of control lately. As in make me want to scream my head off attitude. Everything out of her mouth is a whine lately--Clint has been getting a real taste in the evenings of what I've been talking about lately. She has really been testing us. Clint had her sit in time out yesterday for over 20 solid minutes because she refused to listen to and look at him. She was just screaming and screaming for me. We are trying to get her used to letting Clint do more things for her before the baby gets here. She only wants me to help her with things and freaks out if Clint has to help her in any way. It's crazy. So he has been the disciplinarian with her the past week and it's been an adjustment. I know it's just a phase because she is never like this. It will pass!

Charlotte is a crazy girl. She is still fighting a little cold but is happy as a lark. Just loves to play and eat and have her back tickled non stop. My favorite times with her right now are right out of bed in the mornings and after naps. I lay with her for a few minutes on her new bed and she puts her nose right up to mine and rubs my cheek with her hand. I want to bottle up those moments with her.

My OB is trying to convince me that my due date has changed. I refuse to accept that though. My original due date is November 7th. FOUR weeks away. She insists I'm measuring too small and has changed it to November 17th. 10 days difference may not sound like a ton but to me it's a lifetime. We had an ultra sound on Monday where the tech confirmed that yes, it's still a girl, and yes, the 17th looks right. BOOOO. So sad about that. I know she'll come when she's ready and that's great and all, but my body is finished. I can't sleep on my back because I can't breathe, but I can't sleep on either side because my pelvis hurts so so bad. I sleep with an ice-pack and a pillow between my legs every night but it does no good. Unless I knock myself out with sleeping pills, I have to sleep sitting straight up or else the shooting pain in my pelvis makes me cry. It's so frustrating. My legs have been swelling like crazy too. This never happened with the other girls, but I've been working at the computer a lot and when I do, everything from my knees down immediately grows to twice its' size. Very pretty. I'm starting to get pretty nervous about the delivery, too. No epidural again to cut costs down and I just don't look forward to the pain I know is coming my way. Despite all my complaining though, I'm so grateful to have a baby growing in me. So many of my friends have a hard time getting pregnant and I am so grateful to be having another. I am trying to enjoy these last few weeks of feeling her dance inside me. I love that feeling.

Clint has been sick all week. He caught the bug the girls had, I'm sure just because his immune system is so weak lately. But he's doing good. He got some bad news about his leg last week. His hip is healing nicely but his femur has had no bone growth, so there is a large gap between his bone around the rod in his leg. They sent him home with an ultra sound machine that he hooks up to his leg every night that is supposed to send shock waves into the bone to try to stimulate bone growth. He has another xray and follow up in a few weeks and if that machine isn't helping then they will have to go back in for more surgery to do bone grafts and change the pins out. So, keep him in your prayers please that that will NOT be the case. He would be back at square one as far as recovery goes and would be out of commission again right when I have the baby. He is being very religious about taking his meds and using the ultra sound machine because he really doesn't want them to open his leg up again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for him! His surgeon told him that because of the size of the gap in the bone, chances of this machine helping are about 40%. But we are hoping it does anyways. He took this picture of the rod that is in his leg at his last appointment. That leg is for sure not going to break again! Clint amazes me with his positive attitude. He has had lots to deal with the past few months but it always happy and positive about things. I love that about him.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

wow, we will keep Clint in our prayers that he doesn't have to go in for surgery again! Its a good thing you do have such a positive, upbeat hubby...I can't believe everything that has happened to him lately!
I'll also pray for you that you don't have to wait til the 17th to have your baby! I'm getting anxious for you to have her too! I'm so excited for you guys! Take care of yourself and try to enjoy the last little bit of pregnancy! :) love ya!

Regina said...

Oh man, lots going on with you! I hope Clint doesn't have to have surgery again! I can't imagine not having a husband with a new baby. But you could probably handle it, you are super woman! I am nesting too and in fact I just finished a 5 page list of things I need to do/clean/organize before my baby comes. Or I could just cut it down to one line: HIRE SOMEONE. Which I may do....

Jami said...

I need to clean out closets too. I just haven't had the time or energy. You are my hero for doing it pregnant.