Week one with my lady has been fabulous. I can't get enough time with her. I am trying to soak up every second I get with her and although I am sleepwalking through my days, I LOVE my night time feedings with her. It's quiet. It's just she and I. It's special to me. Even last night, when she shot poop all over me while I was changing her diaper. I let a swear work fly and then started laughing because she looked so content afterwards. She is such a special little baby.

As per usual, my camera works overtime the first few weeks with my babies. I for some reason feel the need to take a picture of every outfit she wears, every face she pulls, every stretch and pose she makes.

Charlotte goes back and forth where her feelings for her sister are concerned. Most of the time she is a doting big sister and gives her kisses and hugs...always asking "where Emery?". But we definitely have the occasional jealousy spat where she wants me to put Em down and focus on her. I usually have three little bodies on my lap or resting against my legs when I nurse Emery. Oh, and if you're wondering why Charly isn't really smiling in these pictures, it's because she has toothpaste in her mouth. She is in this weird gargle-and-never-spit-out-anything-that-goes-in-my-mouth-stage.
Her first bath was a family affair. She didn't enjoy the first one so much, but ever since then she just LOVES them.


Sage is obsessed. She loves loves her little baby sister. I love how her little mind is constantly on overdrive trying to figure all of this out. When I pump (like a thousand times a day), S and C are right there next to me talking about baby Emery having yummy milk to eat. It's so sweet.

I sometimes get frustrated with her eating habits, but not really. It's hard to get frustrated with someone this cute. During the nights, she does fantastic. She eats for about 10 minutes on one side, burps and poops, then eats for about 10 on the other side, burps and poops again. Then goes right back to sleep without any issues. During the day is a different story. She loves to eat for a minute, then sleep for ten minutes. Then eat for a minute, and sleep for ten minutes. I have learned that I can get her to eat completely on one side then lay her down and take care of other things for a few minutes before trying again. I'll help her kick this habit eventually, but for now she can pretty much do as she pleases. :) She has only barfed once. Wahoo!! Please oh please let it stay that way.
We are all completely smitten.

As per usual, my camera works overtime the first few weeks with my babies. I for some reason feel the need to take a picture of every outfit she wears, every face she pulls, every stretch and pose she makes.

Charlotte goes back and forth where her feelings for her sister are concerned. Most of the time she is a doting big sister and gives her kisses and hugs...always asking "where Emery?". But we definitely have the occasional jealousy spat where she wants me to put Em down and focus on her. I usually have three little bodies on my lap or resting against my legs when I nurse Emery. Oh, and if you're wondering why Charly isn't really smiling in these pictures, it's because she has toothpaste in her mouth. She is in this weird gargle-and-never-spit-out-anything-that-goes-in-my-mouth-stage.
Her first bath was a family affair. She didn't enjoy the first one so much, but ever since then she just LOVES them.

Sage is obsessed. She loves loves her little baby sister. I love how her little mind is constantly on overdrive trying to figure all of this out. When I pump (like a thousand times a day), S and C are right there next to me talking about baby Emery having yummy milk to eat. It's so sweet.

I sometimes get frustrated with her eating habits, but not really. It's hard to get frustrated with someone this cute. During the nights, she does fantastic. She eats for about 10 minutes on one side, burps and poops, then eats for about 10 on the other side, burps and poops again. Then goes right back to sleep without any issues. During the day is a different story. She loves to eat for a minute, then sleep for ten minutes. Then eat for a minute, and sleep for ten minutes. I have learned that I can get her to eat completely on one side then lay her down and take care of other things for a few minutes before trying again. I'll help her kick this habit eventually, but for now she can pretty much do as she pleases. :) She has only barfed once. Wahoo!! Please oh please let it stay that way.
We are all completely smitten.















7 comments:
So tiny. I can't even imagine a baby that small. Even after Imogen lost weight at the hospital, she was still 7lbs. She is so beautiful.
Very cute marianne!! Can't believe you have 3 little girls!! Congrats!!
She is SO precious!! all your girls are! I love seeing all your posts and pictures...i wish i was crazy at taking pictures like you are!! Love it!!
Oh Marianne! I just want to eat her up. What. a. precious. baby. girl. Huge Congrats to you, clint and the girlies!
and--please sprinkle some 6 lb baby magic my way will ya?!
I love it. What sweet little girls we have!
I've been checking every day for some more pics. What, are you too busy to blog or something :) Cant wait to see you guys!
You're so good already having bows on her little head!!
Post a Comment