Sunday, September 7, 2008

I thought I had a tough stomach....

but apparently not. I never had a problem w/ blood, until I married Clint. Maybe b/c I love him the most? I don't know, but I get all sick to my stomach when I see him bleed. He is big on pulling his wounds open, too, and that just makes me want to barf. Anyway, we had an exciting evening. Clint went out yesterday and bought us a bike trailer so we can ride bikes w/ Sage. We had decided to go for a short ride, and headed to the garage to assemble it. I was playing w/ Sage while Clint was using a simple ole steak knife to cut everything open. I heard Clint say "uh-oh", and look over to see a seriously guilty look on his face. He starts turning his back to me and is trying to hide his leg. I look down and blood is GUSHING from his calf. Literally oozing out. When he took his hand off it was shooting out. Gross!! Usually I am pretty level headed, but man I freaked! I put Sage down in the house and was wrapping it up as tight as I could, thinking about who I was going to call to come watch Sage so I could take him to the hospital. I was thinking stitches, long night in ER, etc. Clint was laughing at me telling me to calm down, that he was fine. He was fine, and kept laughing at me for over reacting, but has enjoyed the special treatment I've been giving him tonight. :)

He was a little annoyed at me for making him prop his leg up. He said that if I was going to make him sit down he should at least be able to sit in his recliner. Dork.

A little graphic, but here is our little puddle. He left a trail from here to the kitchen. By the time I got around to cleaning it up it was all coagulated. Yum yum.

The culprit.

Funny that this tiny little cut is what caused all the ruckus! It looks like I'm going to be one of those moms that faints when her kids bleed. I'm going to have to toughen up!

15 comments:

sladefamilyaz said...

It must have gone in pretty deep to have bled that bad. I am the same way about blood if Bryant or the girls get hurt. Once Skyler fell and hit her mouth and I called Bryant at work and made him come home to look at it. Every time I would try to look at it, I would start to faint. So I had to give her a popsicle and wait for Daddy. I used to be tough too. What happened to us?

Regina said...

What? That tiny little cut?! NO WAY!! I would be freaked at the sight of all that blood too! And don't worry, from the sound of it, you were very level headed. And I got your message. I will get all that stuff together and over to you as soon as I can!

Brad and Laurie said...

I'm laughing with Clint! What happened to the bike ride? What a waste of a perfectly good ace bandage:)
I don't remember you being that grossed out by blood. And we've had some pretty bloody things happen in the Young household while you were here. What happened?

Heidi said...

Hey! So when you said you were a "blogger" on Sunday and had to come home and find you! haha!! Anyways, thank you for the gift the other week, I have been meaning to call you, but obviously I haven't! Sorry about that, things have been kinda busy around her lately! We'll have to have you guys over sometime, that is if you can handle my crazy house! Okay, so fun to find you on here... since our ward is so big and I've been hiding in nursery forEVER now that I'm out I can start to see people I once new again, ha! ~Heidi

Shari said...

Wow, I'm really slow at remembering to check your blog, and then I spend an hour reading it! I'll have to do better. Anyway, about the "vent," if you ever want a few hours to do something fun, just give me a call. I love to play with that baby, even if she is napping a lot! You need some time to go and do something fun once in a while, and not just work!! Call me!!!!! And, about the cut on Clint's leg, I'm kind of surprised he handled it so well. I guess he's getting "old man tough." That's a phrase they use with their dad, you'll have to ask him about it if we didn't tell you already... But, for a guy who can't stand needles and shots, he was pretty tough after sticking a knife in his leg!

Audrie said...

hahahaha!!!! i probably would've freaked too, thats a lot of blood...nice. I hope he didn't get too light headed from the loss of all that blood :)

Jalei & Lane said...

I cringed as I read this! I do ok with blood, but don't like to look at open wounds. I could never be a doctor. I can't even keep my eyes open when I watch Dr 90210 as they're cutting into people.

Tiffany said...

Scary! I am glad he is ok! I totally would have freaked out too... :)

the tatsaks said...

You definitely did not over react. I would have done the same thing. I am glad everyone is ok!

Monson Family said...

OK I was totally grossed out when I saw all the pictures and my stomach started to turn. But then when i saw how tiny his cut was I cracked up laughing!!!!! I would've been the same way though - blood freaks me out. I don't know what I'm going to do when my kids get hurt for real.

Kayleen said...

Hey Marianne! Thanks for the comments, and I thank-you so much for the little clothes! I love the picture you have a the top of your blog. . .priceless! I do take photos. I charge 65.00 for a sitting fee, and 25.00 for a cd. If you are interested, let me know. I fill up quick in the fall because of Christmas and all. Hey. . I'm going to add you to my link list if that's ok.

Katherine Young said...

hahaha! that is crazy its from that tiny cut.

Katherine Young said...

hahaha! that is crazy its from that tiny cut.

eyre blog said...

gross gross gross. How did all that come out of that tiny cut?

themacdonnells said...

I had to laugh!!! Why do guys look for the most dangerous way to open things? Kurt likes to use his super sharp leatherman knives to open diaper boxes, mail, anything and the bad part is he always pulls the knife towards him! Does anyone else see us having to rush him to the ER to have the knife removed from his stomach??!!!

And that's pretty funny that such a small hole caused so much blood! Gross!