Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Sage!

I cannot believe my little Sage is one already! Having her here with us has made this the absolute best year of my life. She is the happiest, sweetest, most lovable little girl and I am so thankful she is ours. This birthday post is a little late, but oh well. We planned to have a BBQ at the park, but party day turned out to be way too windy to be outside, so we ended up doing pizza at our house. Which turned out great--easier and cheaper so we can't complain. Here is my very weak attempt at making her her own cake in the shape of a one. We didn't get home in time so I had to cut and frost it right out of the oven, so it fell apart like crazy. I had to use my finger to frost it and it turned out to be more of a mess than anything, but it was fun trying. And now that I'm looking at this, I can't believe no one told me that my one is backwards!!!! How did it take me this long to see that? I don't think she liked being sung to. She was very unsure of what to do.

We kept waiting for her to dive in, but it took a while.
Here she is being very lady-like. She had to taste-test in small bites at first to make sure she liked it, I guess.


It didn't take her long to dig in though!

She is FINALLY using a sippy-cup and holding her own bottle. For a full year, every time we fed her a bottle she refused to hold it. She would sit and play with her hands or her "hair" while we held it for her. Little stinker.
Mom, Amber and Tristan eating pizza.
BJ and Katherine
Travis, Connor and Kinsey
Sage LOVES to share her food. Here she is sharing her cake w/ Grandma Overton.
My mom and I didn't match on purpose, promise. And I love that Sage is totally watching me in this one.
She was NOT happy when I took her cake away.

Happy first birthday, sweet little girl. We love you so much more than you know.

7 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

I was going to say I'm surprised the one is backwards..haha! Oh well, I'm sure Sage didn't mind. Who is Tristan?

Kristina Rich said...

so darn cute. The fist thing I noticed was that the one was backwards. This reminds me of the time that your addition was all wrong. Is this the real reason you gave up teaching??? ;)
And you and your mom look like twins. Happy Birthday Sage!!

Regina said...

Such cute pictures!! What a milestone! And so funny the one is backwards! Hah! Kelly hasn't gotten any molars in yeat, I thought he might be, but so far nothing. NOT looking forward to that!

Shari said...

Ummm, well......... I didn't notice that the 1 was backwards until now! Maybe the picture is reversed in the camera - that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Such a fun occasion, thanks for including us all!

Becky Rogers said...

Holy cow Sage is one! She is such a camera happy girl. Oh, congrats on having another girl! Hey, we are now living on Germann and Power. Not too far from you!

Anonymous said...

I love your story below. That is too funny. I would have love to see you pushing the stroller.

Jami said...

She has gotten so big. I can't believe that she turned one. I love the cake. I'm impressed that she went for the cake. We have only had 1 out of 3 that would do it.