Check it out!!!! This was my second week of coupon shopping and look at everything I got for FREE!!!! Really. Free. Not too shabby, huh? I started doing coupon sense and buying three Sunday papers, but decided that the whole purpose of using coupons is to save money, so why add more monthly bills to my already long list? I get one Sunday paper each week, clip my coupons and organize them in my new very cool, non nerdy coupon notebook, and then check the weekly ads at each store to see what's on sale. Last week, I'll admit to buying things I didn't really need b/c I wanted to use my coupons. This week, I went armed w/ my list and only got the "extra" things if I could get them free or for really cheap. It paid off big time! I was smiling the whole way home. I learned a few things on this grocery trip, too. #1--Costco has the best deals. I calculated things out, and buying in bulk is just cheaper--even when stores have sales and coupons. #2--Wal-mart is cheaper than all the other grocery stores. I know there are many Wal-mart haters out there, but it's where I go. It's close to home and they price match. I never realized how much cheaper they are until I really started looking. I went w/ my weekly ads from other stores and even when things are on sale at other stores, Wal-mart's regular prices were still cheaper. That's what I found, at least. Wal-mart haters-- don't judge me. ;)
Here is my nifty coupon notebook. I was a bit embarrassed today I'll admit. My shopping trip took longer than usual too, b/c I was so concerned about making sure I was using the right coupon for the right product.
All of this was free. Lot's of my other food items were super cheap too---I got a box of Capri Sun for Sage for 25 cents! I can tell this will be addicting.
Thanks to Regina and Julie F for all of the coupon-ing tips and ideas!!
Thanks to Regina and Julie F for all of the coupon-ing tips and ideas!!















12 comments:
Good job. We did coupons for awhile, but it didn't last long. Patrick refuses to go to Walmart to shop. He thinks it's dirty. We did use a coupon the other day, we forgot to give it when we checked out, but they took it after. The best part was we got cash for the coupon. That's the way Patrick wants to do coupons for now on.
You go girl! Oooh & I see you even scored a free Oil Of Olay product...score!
check you out! thats awesome. i'm totally about the bargain shopping! i have a love hate relationship with walmart but i can't bear to go anywhere else b/c its so cheap there!!
Congrats! It is definitely addicting!
Yay for coupons! Our stores are a little different here because of the doubling and tripling. Kroger and Albertson's do that, but Walmart doesn't, so I get all the free stuff there. Also, diapers are usually always cheaper elsewhere. I do go to Walmart a lot though. I am so glad you caught on, it really does save a ton of money.
I'm so impressed Marianne!!!! I like your super nerdy coupon book too - I love to organize things like that. Way to go on the savings and free items - you have inspired me. I don't know if Guam does coupons though :( And I am one of those Walmart haters - so hopefully I can find good deals elsewhere. :)
Good for you, M! I have several friends who are way into coupon-ing, and they get some fabulous deals. I haven't yet ventured into it, but their stories make it sound intriguing :-). I'm with you on Wal-Mart--I hate that place, and yet, it's a necessary evil.
Good job! I've thought a lot about doing this but I have a hard time even making it to the grocery store let alone using coupons. Maybe I'll have to try to get into it this summer when I'm not in school. And I don't even hate wal-mart! I think it is awesome for most things! I don't buy clothes there really but it is seriously so cheap! How can you not shop there?!
What the heck. Why haven't you told me you're doing coupons?? You know I always jump on whatever wagon your riding in!! We have to get togther. I'm not organized. I need details
Where did you get your coupon book? I need something like that to organize all my coupons. I clip them out but hate sorting through them. And can you use two coupons on one item? I can't believe you got all that stuff free. Way to go!
OH my gosh, I am so impressed! I really have been wanting to do coupon sense, but I've said I'm not organized enough! That is motivating though!
You make me sick Marianne. How do you stay so organized? Coupons is like scrapbooking with me - I can't do it b/c I don't know how. Way to go!
Post a Comment