Sunday, May 31, 2009

My new hobby

So for a while now I've been wanting to learn how to sew. I tried using my mother in laws, but failed miserably and finally went to Walmart and bought one. I'm so glad I did! I LOVE it. I had a neighbor help me get started (Thanks Connie!) and now I've become a bit obsessed. This weekend I did a few projects. I've only done baby stuff so far but am going to make an apron this week. I'll post a pic if I don't botch it too bad. After that...curtains in Sage's room. Anyway--I'm addicted. I'm using most of these for gifts so if you're pregnant (and about 99% of my friends are right now) then you'll know what to expect from the Overtons! :)

I went WAY overboard on the burp rags. I made 24.


Ok I'll have to re-do this once I have the time, but I made a little pillowcase to match the bow board in Sage's room. From far away it looks decent, but it's totally messed up. My stitches are crooked and I don't like the way the pink fabric meets the patterned. Oh well for now.

13 comments:

hyrum♥chelsea said...

what super cute fun stuff!! i'll have to call you for tips when i start using my machine more.

Jalei & Lane said...

Holy crap woman! You sewed a ton! I'm very impressed. I'm making curtains for the baby's room too, but I'm not sewing the. I'm using this thing called stitch witchery that Amy told me about. I'm trying to hold out for as long as I can, but I did see a good deal on a sewing machine at Target for $80.

Kristina Rich said...

Great job! those look really good. Of course, I'm not surprised. You're good at everything.

Anonymous said...

You did a great job!!!! I can't wait to get my craft room put together, so I can get back sewing.

Jason and Kate said...

Way to go! I love my machine too. But you are already better. If I mess up I just say, "Oh well, maybe they won't notice." hehe

Jami said...

Everything looks great. I am getting ready to cut out Eleanor's quilt this weekend. I don't mind quilting, but I have never been great at anything else.

BJ and Alexis Gremillion said...

Good job they are all so cute! I have been doing the same thing the past few weeks. I've been making baby blankets and burp clothes non stop! I am totally obsessed too!

Connie said...

Everything looks awesome! I love the stitch you used around the blankets!

Regina said...

Way to go! I have had my sewing maching for 6 months and havent used it once! How did you do the scalloped embroidery thing?

Shari said...

Wow, Marianne! I'm impressed! Maybe I should loan you my embroidery machine (that I haven't used) and see what you can accomplish with that!! I always have big plans for using it, but somehow I don't ever make the time. Let me know if you'd like to play with it?

Gail said...

I've totally been wanting to learn how to sew! Now that you know, you must teach me. I bought a pattern for curtains a couple weeks ago and got so intimidated, I haven't done anything with it since....

Well that, and I don't have a sewing machine...

Brad and Laurie said...

Sew what?!

Tiffany said...

LOVE my burp rags you made me! Thank you Marianne! :)