Sage and I made it back last night from our trip to Texas. The flight back went much better....we had one poopy diaper but no one complained and I had a spare seat so was able to maneuver much better. It was a super long day though, Sage had an extremely rough night last night. I think she was overly exhausted. She was screaming and yawning all night long. It's good to be home and back on a routine again--she was SO excited to see daddy and her bed. She actually tried climbing in when she saw it. It was pretty cute. I had been thinking about hiring a house cleaner to clean my house the day before I got home---to me, there is nothing worse than coming home from vacay to a dirty house. But, I waited too long and couldn't get anyone on short notice. I was pretty worried about what I would come home to find, but Clint totally surprised me!!! Not only was the house spotless, but he had washed my van for me too! What a gem he is. He even did his own laundry! The kitchen was totally clean because he never actually used it. What is it with men and fast food???? Can anyone explain that to me, because I don't understand. I had a casserole, cantaloupe, grapes, all kinds of food ready for him that were covered in mold when I got home. Yuck. The trash can, on the other hand, was full of pizza boxes, burrito wrappers, and a whole load of unhealthy food that made me want to barf. Back to healthy eating now that we're back, Clint. I told him we couldn't afford for me to leave town anymore because the fast food bills cost too much!! ;) I shouldn't complain. He was working hard while I was out playing, and I'm glad he was ok with Sage and I being gone for two whole weeks. We missed you babe.
We really did have so much fun with my folks and brothers. It took a few days for me to stop stressing about work at home and not being busy, but after a few days I was loving it. I took naps, slept in, ate A LOT OF FOOD, and was just lazy. Here are a few things we did to stay busy:
Sage and her very lady-like car seat position in the van:
Talk about lots to do. She's going to be forever bored at our house now, I'm afraid. Every morning out there she would wake up and say "ruff ruff" until I took her out to say hi to the dogs and horses. I'm glad we were able to spend time with my folks....it took her several days just to warm up to them, so it was nice by the end of the trip because she would go to them easily. I'm hoping that since they'll be here when the baby is born in a few weeks that she'll remember them. I'm working on getting them to move out here. Sooner rather than later too. Thanks for spoiling us mom and dad. We love you guys and miss you already!















9 comments:
Fun, Marianne!
It looks like you guys had a great time. I am so happy we got to see you.
I cant believe that she keeps her hats on so well. Cru hates them! Glad you had a good time! It was good to see ya.
haha i love the lady like picture of her in the car seat.
I bet you guys had so much fun!!! Sage is getting so big.
You're due in a few weeks? I thought you had longer!
Sage has a piece of this guys heart!
How adorable. She looks exactly like you when she smiles. So Great!! Glad you had fun- aren't families great!!
What a fun trip, Marianne! Your family is awesome! I bet Sage had the time of her life! :) Such cute pictures!!!
Post a Comment