Sunday, March 21, 2010

Freestone Park

Saturday Clint and I were determined to find time to spend outside together as a family. Saturdays usually end up flying by without us ever seeing each other. Clint had planned on working this weekend but ended up not having to, so we took the girls to Freestone park. I have been wanting to take Sage there for a while, thinking she would LOVE the rides. BUT, she is such a little sissy that it ended up being a bust. She was terrified of the carousel, and the train (that cost us nine bucks to ride) was super slow and boring. She didn't say two words the entire time. She did love the water and seeing the ducks though, and at least we were outside enjoying this weather before it's too hot to be outside.


Sage LOVES animals. She coulda sat here all day quaking at the ducks.




AND, she's off the horse.



Charlotte's first taste of ice cream...she went crazy over it. She was kicking her legs and sticking her tongue out like a lizard. It was too cute.


Different note. Clint and I went out on a date Saturday and I had such a good time. He was bored out of his mind, but that's ok. We ate at Kona Grill-delish- then went SHOPPING! I actually found a few shirts that I fell in love with and got a few things for Sage. We usually swap babysitting with one of my girl friends, but her hubby was out of town this weekend so I paid a sitter. Get this--she lives two doors down, is sixteen, and is absolutely WONDERFUL with my girls. She plays with them, cleans my house, and is so sweet. I love that we came home, watched her walk home, and went straight to bed. We were talking on the way home about how happy we were that the girls would be in bed when we got home. Is that bad? :-)

1 comment:

Jalei & Lane said...

So what's the going rate for a sitter these days?