Wednesday, March 10, 2010

You Know You're a Mother When...

You're still smiling and in love with your baby after she does this....Lately Charlotte has been spewing her throw-up instead of just letting in flow out. She closes her lips and BLOWS the barf out. At to that the fact that she NEVER sits still and is always flopping around, the projectile can reach great distances. Most days, however, it just hits me. Look closely...I've even got chunks in my ear. Usually, I wipe it off and ignore the stench. This time, it was caked in my hair and was just way too close to my nose for the smell to leave me alone. So I caved and took a shower.
PS....my mouth is shut for two reasons. 1. barf was on my lips. 2. I don't want to smile cause my braces are just awful. Yes, I still hate them. AND, I have not lost a single pound. Not one. If I can eat like a cow or starve myself and still weigh the same, I think I'll eat like a cow.

11 comments:

Shari said...

I guess I should have told you when I was over there today that your braces aren't even noticable. I did notice you talk just a teensy bit different with them, but I think that will go away in a couple of weeks. I never noticed that you needed braces, anyway! The picture is pretty hilarious. Sorry. But it is... :) Funny how they get these new tricks all the time to keep us old folks on our toes!

Jalei & Lane said...

Ewww! I haven't experienced throw up quite like you, thank goodness! And you totally need to post a braces picture. Did you go all out & pick bright colors??

Tiffany said...

ha ha, hilarious! I was feeding Madden nasty green vegetable baby food tonight and he sneezed right after I put a HUGE spoonful in his mouth and green chunks went everywhere, including all over me :) I screamed and he laughed :)
ah, the joys of motherhood :)

Connie said...

That picture is priceless- total proof of all you go through as a mom. When Charlotte is a teenager you can show her this and say, "See what I put up with for you?"

Adria said...

oh i'm laughing so hard right now catching up on your blog! i want to see pictures of your cute braces...which is exactly how i am sure you look! i for one enjoyed the whistle my f's and s's made when i had braces, try it cuz you might like it too:)

Melanie said...

YUCK! What we mothers go through for these little ones! You're so cute, even while hiding your braces and with barf on your face! And that Charlotte! What a doll!
Do you think she'll go for Noah someday? He's pretty cute! ;)

Stephanie and Cody Sunderhaus said...

HAHAHA!!!

Ashley said...

sorry about the barf... at least she is super cute when she does it! Sorry about the braces too, you may remember that I had mine for three long years. And it was my "dating" years too... so be glad you are married at least. =) But seriously I doubt they are that bad. I think it's cute when moms have braces. =) Plus you are super beautiful no matter what.

Jami said...

Eleanor does that with spit. She loves the feel and sound of the bubbles.

Allie said...

Oh man, that's a lot of barf! What a trooper you are! I've been doing EZ align which is a cheap version of invisalign for my bottom teeth. It is so painful and I get so ornery whenever they are tight. It's not even working so be glad you went with the real thing!

Allie said...

Yes, I got the amazing package of bows! I commented on your blog the day I got them! I think I put my comment on the "six months" post about Charlotte. I feel so bad, you must have been thinking I was such an ungrateful little stink not telling you how much I LOVE THEM!!!! Go back to your post about Charlotte's 6 month check up and there should be a comment there! You're the best! Love you!